Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
color
[kuhl-er]

noun
1. the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

adjective
1. involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.

Welcome to MobiTog's color Challenge #203! The rules are easy: Post your mobile photography color images here - LIMIT OF 3 IMAGES IN ONE POST, preferably 1 image per post. No black & white, no shades of grey, just BOLD BRIGHT COLORS! Or, SOFT PASTEL COLORS. Whatever strikes your fancy, or your color palette. :D

The challenge will last one week, and then the winner of the prior challenge will choose the winner of the current challenge, who will then decide if there will be a theme to the next challenge or not, and what that theme will be. :sneaky:

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE. Please note specifically Rule 4: Generally, anything goes in terms of processing, within the bounds of common decency and the Specific Rules for the Challenge or Contest, but entrants must document how they achieved the submitted result in their Challenge or Contest post, i.e. name the Device used to take the iMage and list each App used, in the order it is used.

Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE.

Let's electrify this space with C O L O R !!

Theme: Night Shots, or shots in very low light, early morning, late at night

Judge: sinnerjohn John!

Last edited:
Reflections

E25EF12E-D488-4A8D-8144-13908E872481.jpeg

iphone 11... nothing done other than straightening and cropping 16:9

i am continually impressed with the night mode on this camera

Is not the theme "Color"?
Sorry if I get it wrong...
We usually have a theme for the color challenge, chosen by the winner of the previous challenge. But don’t worry, folks often post an image before the theme is announced, just to get us started. :)
very cool stairway, by the way.

Here is mine, Colorfull Stairs
View attachment 152798

Taken with P30 Pro, edited in Snapseed
Wow, someone has spent a LOT of time on that stairwell. Makes a fantastic image though, with that triangle in the middle. Super image. AND, I think this might fit the “low light“ theme, but then I’m not the judge. :rolleyes:

We usually have a theme for the color challenge, chosen by the winner of the previous challenge. But don’t worry, folks often post an image before the theme is announced, just to get us started. :)
very cool stairway, by the way.
Ok, I understand now. As I've read the first topic and assumed that it was a general theme.
Thanks!

Thank you. I’m still struggling with the iPhone 11 and its ability to make night shots look like daylight. I keep telling it, sometimes I want my night shots to look dark! :lol:
This is something I miss on the iPhone, a manual control were you can adjust ISO, Aperture and shutter speed. The p30 pro was very good on this. The iPhone is getting there.

This is something I miss on the iPhone, a manual control were you can adjust ISO, Aperture and shutter speed. The p30 pro was very good on this. The iPhone is getting there.
If you mean full manual control in the native iOS camera app, then yes, us iPhone folks are out of luck. But there are plenty of third-party iOS camera apps that offer full manual mode. Some also offer ISO/Shutter Priority modes as well. I'd love to say "And this is my favorite..." but the truth is I keep switching among camera apps and have been unable to settle on one. ProCamera, ProCam, Chromatica, Camera+ 2, and Halide are the usual suspects for me, but there are others as well.

If you mean full manual control in the native iOS camera app, then yes, us iPhone folks are out of luck. But there are plenty of third-party iOS camera apps that offer full manual mode. Some also offer ISO/Shutter Priority modes as well. I'd love to say "And this is my favorite..." but the truth is I keep switching among camera apps and have been unable to settle on one. ProCamera, ProCam, Chromatica, Camera+ 2, and Halide are the usual suspects for me, but there are others as well.
Yes, I know and tried some of third party apps. The problem I've found with that apps is that taking pictures at night, for instance for 30s, they will get that amount of time sacrifying ISO, ended with a picure with lot of grain, even if you can ajust ISO for a minimun possible. This is something you wont get with a native camera app, on Adroid phones. But, to be honest, i haven't tried them on iPhone 11 pro. With new image processing meaby we will get better results.

Back
Top Bottom