MobiColour RESULT: MC #22 Theme: Pairs - June 27-July 3

Pointless Objective
image.jpeg

iPhone 6, Snapseed
A little stress relief in the office: no colleagues were harmed in the taking of this photo

It Rains on the Flowers of Ginger
View attachment 79040
iPhone SE: ProCamera (LowLight+), Pics Craft (Paint), Mextures

ah lovely, Rodolfo, I wish mine looked so good. I planted them in a shaded area (don't know what I was thinking). But they will go back in the ground after winter and I'll try again!

These are some planted around City Hall in Santa Cruz. I'd never seen them before at all. Do you know what they're called?
Are they proteas? Bromeliads? This might be a question for MsDee !
Jen led us in the correct direction... I googled *proteas* and within a couple clicks found the info:
From the pics on Google images, they look like proteas. Thanks. :thumbs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucospermum

Leucospermum (Pincushion, Pincushion Protea or Leucospermum) is a genus of about 50 species of flowering plants in the family Proteaceae, native to Zimbabwe and South Africa, where they occupy a variety of habitats, including scrub, forest, and mountain slopes.

They are evergreen shrubs (rarely small trees) growing to 0.5-5 m tall. The leaves are spirally arranged, tough and leathery, simple, linear to lanceolate, 2-12 cm long and 0.5-3 cm broad, with a serrated margin or serrated at the leaf apex only. The flowers are produced in dense inflorescences, which have large numbers of prominent styles, which inspires the name.

The genus is closely related in evolution and appearance to the Australian genus Banksia.

Pairs in a pair
Pixlr, Snapseed

View attachment 79063

I keep coming back to this one, Ted. I like its unfinished/overlapping/almost/not quite . . . Something. Something about the flat look of the paint, in spite of the gradient. The two panels kindof pushed out to the edges... Looks all wrong, in a very 'keep coming back' kindof way.

(On another matter, I'm thinking of applying for a job writing art critique -- what do you think?)

Pears

View attachment 79073

This is from my Rembrandt period. Traced from a morguefile.com image, painted in SketchClub Repix Formulas. Light & texture in Shift & AlienSky, cropped and Glowed in SnapSeed, rearranged in Tangent and layered in Union.

Phew, great processing Jen and what a gorgeous image you've produced. :inlove:

I keep coming back to this one, Ted. I like its unfinished/overlapping/almost/not quite . . . Something. Something about the flat look of the paint, in spite of the gradient. The two panels kindof pushed out to the edges... Looks all wrong, in a very 'keep coming back' kindof way.

(On another matter, I'm thinking of applying for a job writing art critique -- what do you think?)

Erm, well, ... maybe, kindof, you should/but not quite/p'raps. I'm thinking of becoming a therapist - what do you think? :D

Back
Top Bottom