MobiColour RESULT: MC #27 Theme: Joy - August 1-7

IPA. There's a little picture of hops in the lower center

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] IPA?? What's that, please? Hops!? At first I thought you were talking of bunnies I didn't see, but without looking at the dictionary I feel this must mean (German) Hopfen, also because of the pictogram helped me sensing it. If I am right, IPA must mean anything with beer. So the A at the end could mean Ale??? I don't tell you what came to my mind for the other letters, but maybe you are so kind and enlight my brain cells?
Pretty please. [emoji16]

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] IPA?? What's that, please? Hops!? At first I thought you were talking of bunnies I didn't see, but without looking at the dictionary I feel this must mean (German) Hopfen, also because of the pictogram helped me sensing it. If I am right, IPA must mean anything with beer. So the A at the end could mean Ale??? I don't tell you what came to my mind for the other letters, but maybe you are so kind and enlight my brain cells?
Pretty please. [emoji16]

IPA is the name of the beer, like Hogaarten. I'm not sure what the initials mean, but you're probably right about the A being ale, awnd I think the P is pale.

Pretty please. [emoji16]
IPA is the name of the beer, like Hogaarten. I'm not sure what the initials mean, but you're probably right about the A being ale, awnd I think the P is pale.
India Pale Ale

Snatches from the Beer Advocate
First off, India Pale Ales are not native to the US. Nor are they native to India. The style originates from England, wherein 1774 the British Empire appointed its first governor to India and began heavy trading. Beer being one of the many items, was leveraged within the market due to its being such a necessity at the time, a staple of one's diet even…

So, based off of the Pale Ale style, English brewers in the early 1800's began brewing a more stable beer to withstand the long and rigorous journey to India. A common method was to heavily hop the beer and take advantage of the acids in hops which act as a natural preservative.

Although not 100% true to style, the American-style IPA has come into its own as an unofficial style and partially meets a niche crowd of beer drinkers who crave hops. These insane hardcore tribesmen of the humulus lupulus (hops) call themselves ... "hop heads."

Snatches from the Beer Advocate
First off, India Pale Ales are not native to the US. Nor are they native to India. The style originates from England, wherein 1774 the British Empire appointed its first governor to India and began heavy trading. Beer being one of the many items, was leveraged within the market due to its being such a necessity at the time, a staple of one's diet even…

So, based off of the Pale Ale style, English brewers in the early 1800's began brewing a more stable beer to withstand the long and rigorous journey to India. A common method was to heavily hop the beer and take advantage of the acids in hops which act as a natural preservative.

Although not 100% true to style, the American-style IPA has come into its own as an unofficial style and partially meets a niche crowd of beer drinkers who crave hops. These insane hardcore tribesmen of the humulus lupulus (hops) call themselves ... "hop heads."

That was interesting. Wow, such a young brew! This year the Germans celebrated 500 years Bavarian purity law, where is written, that beer may only contain hops, malt, yeast and water. The law is from 1516. [emoji106][emoji16]

Jumpin' for joy (couch yoga)
RNI Films
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470355664.264528.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg

I was going to post a pic of Mickey, He's full of joy despite having survived life threatening illnesses over the past 4 years.
He brings joy to our family and is well worth the £15000 in vet fees, some of which was covered by insurance.

View attachment 80442 l have to admit I wasn't totally sold on this week's theme. Joy can be obvious, a child a pet, love etc, or something more abstract (!!). Anyways I've gone for the ridiculously obvious, man's best friend, my Barney dog.

And now something completely different …
Was visiting friends tonight, who moved into a house with 15 levels, they are living on the 14th now. And the view from their balcony filled me with joy, those are moments I really love Frankfurt. Sadly I had to go before the sunset really happened, but I enJOYed this view so much!
Joy with a view
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1470427599.009896.jpg

Back
Top Bottom