MobiColour RESULT: MC #36 Theme: All Indoors - October 3-9

One of my favourite tea shops in the village of Ripley is the Nest (see timestamp). Half of it is a tea room and the other half is a little treasure trove of a shop.

IPhone7+, iColorama and Snapseed
View attachment 82888

Enjoying my cup of coffee. IPhone 7+ and Snapseed:
View attachment 82889

I LOVE this place!!! [emoji7][emoji100]

Things you find indoors #2
Snapseed

Snapseed.jpg

For those of you who do not recognize them, these are battery-powered singing hamsters.

A metal artist's workshop
(She has a second workspace just around the corner in her garage, where the drill press, MIG welder, and other heavy stuff lives.)
Snapseed

View attachment 82929
I have fantasies about learning metal art - big recycled metal sculptures, mainly. I love her tree and those other bits. Much neater and more orderly looking space than I'd expect for working with metal .

What wonderful entries this week!!! [emoji178][emoji177][emoji177][emoji177] It's now time for our JillyG to decide the winner(s). [emoji1360]

All the entries have been great this week (as in every other week actually :lol:).

In first place is sinnerjohn with Lunch. This really caught my eye with it's spare use of colour and the lack of focus. I got the sense of being in that cafe, but not IN it if you know what I mean. I have no idea if that makes any sense to anyone else :confused:. Anyway, I loved it and thought of it often on my walks with the dog.

IMG_2027.JPG

I couldn't choose between the next three, so they all get Silver Medals.

IMG_2024.JPG

There is so much to look at in Kmenglee Kuan Meng's image. It looks familiar - like any of our malls and markets, but the popping colours and the artistic Chinese writing, not to mention the giant red lobster, make it so much more interesting to my "Western" eyes.

IMG_2026.JPG

Who couldn't fall in love with ImageArt Ann's smiling record player . Lovely editing isolates the table and makes the whole ensemble so eye catching.

IMG_2025.JPG

And finally, GroovyGouvy Gouvy's staircase which, at 2pm, is touched by a fairy:lol:. Restraint on the processing makes the image feel "real" as opposed to painted. It has a tranquil feel to it too - like you could go there and look out of the window if you wanted to think or be on your own.

Well done to everyone who posted. Can't wait to see what John chooses as the next theme. :)

You've been in the mall with Gouvy . . .

Just in case you wonder why I am actually so often to malls and shops particularly on Saturdays: like many people in Germany I don't have to work weekends and Saturday is the only day I can do my shopping for especially food for the week, because other than in your country Germany's shops are CLOSED ON SUNDAYS! Only exception to this rule is the centre at the airport (and up to 4 Sundays a year, but this year the trade union even stopped one the day before. Nonsense in my eyes, would the ask staff people, they'd find out they like doing their job, because of better payment {Sunday extra pay} and an additional free day during the week). But I don't go to the airport for shopping, it's only dear and if I can do my stuff on Saturday, there is no reason to travel that far. [emoji4]
And I can go to museums on Sunday's. [emoji4]

Just in case you wonder why I am actually so often to malls and shops particularly on Saturdays: like many people in Germany I don't have to work weekends and Saturday is the only day I can do my shopping for especially food for the week, because other than in your country Germany's shops are CLOSED ON SUNDAYS! Only exception to this rule is the centre at the airport (and up to 4 Sundays a year, but this year the trade union even stopped one the day before. Nonsense in my eyes, would the ask staff people, they'd find out they like doing their job, because of better payment {Sunday extra pay} and an additional free day during the week). But I don't go to the airport for shopping, it's only dear and if I can do my stuff on Saturday, there is no reason to travel that far. [emoji4]
And I can go to museums on Sunday's. [emoji4]

I didn't realise that the shops are closed on Sundays in Germany. :eek: But the museums are open. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom