MobiColour RESULT: MC #36 Theme: All Indoors - October 3-9

Ping pong at the Corn Exchange.
DSC_0159_1.jpg

But I've seen images of people that Gouvy has taken - street processions, people in malls and that's in Germany. Does that mean that Gouvy could go to jail for those? I hope not. :eek:

Nope that's a different matter. If you move around in public spaces and being part of the crowd it's okay, because you can't ask for instants a stadium full of hooligans for their individual permission. [emoji1] and if you show yourself on a parade you must be aware you could be on a picture.
But yes, you better ask for permission, get it preferably on paper and signed or you just pixel the faces. That's why I love BeCasso and Oil Effect: you can change the faces to not recognisable or fairly so, but still have the feeling of the picture.
And at those cons where I've taken the pictures of costumed people, they all have been asked before if it's okay. But not when they are in a crowd. No idea from how many people they call it a crowd. BoBo: any idea?

Nope that's a different matter. If you move around in public spaces and [...]
No idea from how many people they call it a crowd. BoBo: any idea?

There's a popular rumor that says that a crowd is a minimum of 5 people and from there it would be allowed but that's nonsense. Once a single person can be identified and obviously the image is about that person and not about the surrounding environment you're in charge to ask that person for permission if you plan to publish that image afterwards .

There's a popular rumor that says that a crowd is a minimum of 5 people and from there it would be allowed but that's nonsense. Once a single person can be identified and obviously the image is about that person and not about the surrounding environment you're in charge to ask that person for permission if you plan to publish that image afterwards .

Tricky. Well usually I do ask. But then when I want that person to be my object. I'd rather have them out. But at this train shot I'm not sure I'd asked … rather change the face later. [emoji1]

Publish as in posting on social media, or publish as in sell for money?

Publish as in posting on social media, or publish as in sell for money?

There's no difference as both is about your right for privacy. But to be clear, German law enforcement won't go for someone by default. You have to be sued by the one who thinks his/her privacy has been ignored.

Eat this. If you will get a mail from German police that you will be charged for speeding, at the evidence photo they have to blur out the face of your co-driver to keep his/her privacy. Why's that? Because a guy who had a love affair at the time he went into a speeding control. The photo contained time/date and the nice blonde beside him. His wife opened the envelope and that was it. The police has been sued by the guy/blonde for the reason to have ignored the co-drivers privacy... :whistle:

BTW, the kid at the train. Really nice shot and IMHO no problem to be published under German law without getting a permission from the boy, well, if you had to, you would have needed it from his parents too! But that's another story/law :lol:

Last edited:
There's no difference as both is about your right for privacy. But to be clear, German law enforcement won't go for someone by default. You have to be sued by the one who thinks his/her privacy has been ignored.

Eat this. If you will get a mail from German police that you will be charged for speeding, at the evidence photo they have to blur out the face of your co-driver to keep his/her privacy. Why that? Because a guy who had a love affair at the time he went into a speeding control. The photo contained time/date and the nice blonde beside him. His wife opened the envelope and that was it. The police has been sued by the guy/blonde for the reason to have ignored the co-drivers privacy... :whistle:

BTW, the kid at the train. Really nice shot and IMHO no problem to be published under German law without getting a permission from the boy, well, if you had to, you would have needed it from his parents too! But that's another story/law :lol:
That's why I just make images of things and places... much easier IMO. :eek: :barf: o_O

That's why I just make images of things and places... much easier IMO. :eek: :barf: o_O
Some words from MartinParr.
Martin Parr: No, I am not telling people what to do. But when I look around I feel it is all too safe and predictable. And part of the fun and enjoyment of photography is the ability to push ideas and boundaries. Most people are quite comfortable in their little niche, and do not play with boundaries. Good for them, but I think a photographic community should have more ambition.

Some words from MartinParr.
Martin Parr: No, I am not telling people what to do. But when I look around I feel it is all too safe and predictable. And part of the fun and enjoyment of photography is the ability to push ideas and boundaries. Most people are quite comfortable in their little niche, and do not play with boundaries. Good for them, but I think a photographic community should have more ambition.

Sorry to say I had to look him up:oops:.

Eat this. If you will get a mail from German police that you will be charged for speeding, at the evidence photo they have to blur out the face of your co-driver to keep his/her privacy. Why's that? Because a guy who had a love affair at the time he went into a speeding control. The photo contained time/date and the nice blonde beside him. His wife opened the envelope and that was it. The police has been sued by the guy/blonde for the reason to have ignored the co-drivers privacy... :whistle:

Wow, didn't know that about speed tickets here! But if they only blur the face, the blonde would still be a blonde woman, and if the brown haired wife opened the envelope it would be quite the same effect … [emoji1]
Germans … sometimes we overdo it. [emoji16]

But will be a "yes" from boy and parents enough? I bet you'd need a testimonial from a witness in case your shot will get famous. They might insist you've never asked. And if you hand them pen and paper they won't sign it. It feels too dangerous if you have to sign anything. As I said, it's pretty tricky.

One of my favourite tea shops in the village of Ripley is the Nest (see timestamp). Half of it is a tea room and the other half is a little treasure trove of a shop.

IPhone7+, iColorama and Snapseed
image.jpeg

Enjoying my cup of coffee. IPhone 7+ and Snapseed:
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom