MobiColour RESULT: MC #37 Theme: Reflections - October 10-16

Last 10 of mine for this thread all taken with 6Pod native cam or FusionHDR, if cut then in Photos/cam roll:

Gunthorpe Street
View attachment 83231
The light outside the tunnel reflects within the attached fish eye lens.

Sandwich With Gherkin
View attachment 83232

A Gherkin Someone?
View attachment 83233

Elephant Butterfly On Car
View attachment 83234

Reflections Painted On A Wall – or sprayed, or both combined
View attachment 83235

The Eye Of The Iguana
As tall as a tall man but laying was this wonderful creature crafted of tyres while the eyes seemed to be some reflectors not sure what vehicle from.
View attachment 83236

Liverpool Street I
Those where shots I've expected to post when in London, but up to that I've seen no rain.
View attachment 83237

Liverpool Street II
View attachment 83238

Liverpool Street III
View attachment 83239

You're watched
Underground mirror
View attachment 83240

Done! [emoji4] Good night!
Fab photos, Gouvy. I know London so well that I often don't 'see' it anymore. Like shots of the good old London bus. Just wouldn't think of taking a photo of one!

What a FAB and REFLECTIVE ( :rolleyes: ) week!! :notworthy: Okay sinnerjohn, time to choose the winner(s). Feel free to hide out in a remote location with only the bare essentials, no access to TV, telephone or radio, and maybe we'll see you back in a week or so?? :lol: :barf:

Love both of these , Ted - I think you gave the best of that previous MAH reflection image the perfect treatment... ANd Pearl Alley is just . . . different enough that I keep looking at the layers and fine lines which make the reflection quite extraordinary.
:) Thanks. That's what I was thinking in the MAH shot, too. As much as I liked the red balloons, the center bit of those intersecting reflections seemed like the star, so I went back the next day and shot it again to get this close-up. The Prisma effect was dialed way down to just give a bit of color and texture.

Well 101 images to choose from and I think setting a new record from the previous biggee 'B' theme's 91.
Lets hope next week's theme setter can light up MobiColour again :thumbs:
Some fantastic images posted this week (and every week) repeating what JillyG said last week, but tis true, I love it when Mobitog rises to a challenge, give yourselves a pat on the back.
But it seems I have to pick a winner, which is of course purely subjective as I can't possibly say what is the best photograph, only the one I like the best.
Ok, so I've had this one down as winner from the first time I saw it, although one or two challenged it along the way. I'm a massive sci-fi fan and this one was straight from the pages of some futuristic tale.
1st place goes to deepop for the most amazing Seattle Monorail. What a great shot.
e64d244a8a2e44700d705b57f682a4a9.jpg

2nd place I award RoseCat who shared with us a reflective reflection on the past, where she challenged herself with a self portrait, something that's never easy, but this is lovely.
img_1476048218-149480-jpg.82963

3rd place (yes with so many entries we need a third) is the one and only JillyG with one of my favourite types of reflection and not the only one posted this week, but I like hers bestest ;) Whitechapel London.
img_2055-jpg.83214

But seriously, I have to mention nearly all of the images rizole posted, fantastic work from FundyBrian. Who could forget the stunning view of Mount Fuji from Kmenglee and deepop managed to post two more incredible images from the seaside. Of course we all love GroovyGouvy 's travels, she always entertains wherever she roams.
Those were all personal favourites, but really, no one looses at MobiTog, you are all winners :thumbs:

deepop David, you need to choose a theme and make it a good one, I want to get my own back ;)

Nah, he's power-crazed, remember? I still say extend the challenge. Let's go for 200 images. If we wake Gouvy early enough & give her a good English breakfast we might make 300. . .

Yeah, good point. Now you mention it, 100 doesn't seem that high a number.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
And you'd have to organise some more days off for me. Then I could do easily 300 a day if I post them all not matter how good. [emoji23] well the processing in fusion seems to take ages every night I'm home. So I can't edit them more what I would like to, and you know what, I overlooked one of my very best shots. So have it out of competition:
On Foot Of The Gherkin
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1476648588.823765.jpg

PS: meanwhile posted it in b/w on the new MobiMono. [emoji1]

Last edited:
Well 101 images to choose from and I think setting a new record from the previous biggee 'B' theme's 91.
Some fantastic images posted this week (and every week) repeating what JillyG said last week, but tis true, I love it when Mobitog rises to a challenge, give yourselves a pat on the back.
But it seems I have to pick a winner, which is of course purely subjective as I can't possibly say what is the best photograph, only the one I like the best.
Ok, so I've had this one down as winner from the first time I saw it, although one or two challenged it along the way. I'm a massive sci-fi fan and this one was straight from the pages of some futuristic tale.
1st place goes to deepop for the most amazing Seattle Monorail. What a great shot.

2nd place I award RoseCat who shared with us a reflective reflection on the past, where she challenged herself with a self portrait, something that's never easy, but this is lovely.

3rd place (yes with so many entries we need a third) is the one and only JillyG with one of my favourite types of reflection and not the only one posted this week, but I like hers bestest ;) Whitechapel London.
img_2055-jpg.83214

But seriously, I have to mention nearly all of the images rizole posted, fantastic work from FundyBrian. Who could forget the stunning view of Mount Fuji from Kmenglee and deepop managed to post two more incredible images from the seaside. Of course we all love GroovyGouvy 's travels, she always entertains wherever she roams.
Those were all personal favourites, but really, no one looses at MobiTog, you are all winners :thumbs:

deepop David, you need to choose a theme and make it a good one, I want to get my own back ;)

Just wonderful, John. And yes, you are right, no one can lose by daring to post a picture. [emoji106]
And you've picked my favourite, too, for the same reason! [emoji1]

img_2055-jpg.83214

Ahhh John, you must be exhausted. David's image was a stunner - just gorgeous and I'm honoured to stand on the podium with him and Catherine. Fantastic work from everyone - just awesome. And now we head into another. I wonder what the theme will be - I hope it's street art don't you GroovyGouvy Gouvy :lmao:.

img_2055-jpg.83214

Great image, deepop, well deserved first place. Loved a lot of your other images as well. And well done to RoseCat and JillyG too. Congrats to sinnerjohn for getting through all those images. :eek:

Ahhh John, you must be exhausted. David's image was a stunner - just gorgeous and I'm honoured to stand on the podium with him and Catherine. Fantastic work from everyone - just awesome. And now we head into another. I wonder what the theme will be - I hope it's street art don't you GroovyGouvy Gouvy :lmao:.
Now, now. No influencing the new judge!

Well done, sinnerjohn, under all kinds of pressure.
Congrats David - stunning and beautiful image amongst (your) many
Congrats Catherine - I esp loved the multiple meanings in your reflection/s
Congrats Jilly, I think that's one of my favourite ever building reflection shots
Congrats all HMs - what a talented lot is MobiTog :)

To be honest, no. Though we saw and shot great pictures to show, we are not the artist, just did a documentary. So:
A) we had that already some weeks ago, and b) taking a picture of a well done art work (or even not well done one) is making a catalogue instead of own art. I mean seeing something and taking a picture of it to show others will make them judging the object, not the taken picture – or not as much.
Rather have a challenge that challenges us with interpretations and do our own piece of art.
Hope I was allowed to say that. [emoji4]

Talk about rising to a challenge!! Well done sinnerjohn...that was no easy task. :notworthy:

And the perfect choice for winner!! deepop David's image is absolutely stunning. [emoji173]️[emoji100] Congratulations!! [emoji471]

Thank you so much for choosing my image... [emoji144]‍♀️ I'm honored to be alongside JillyG.

Looking forward to seeing what David chooses for next week's theme!

Back
Top Bottom