MobiColour RESULT: MC #42 THEME: Story Telling - November 14-20

I must confess this has not turned out at all like I expected. There are lots of great photos and the titles are fun, too. To some degree it is expected that at the beginning people will look to see if there is anything in their camera roll that might fit the theme, if stretched a bit. After that it's time to get to work.
Mostly, we are seeing just a freeze frame out of a story, the picture only shows the present but contains no link to the future or past. You can possibly project some sort of previous events onto the freeze frame. A story has a beginning, a middle and an end. I had imagined several situations in which the viewer can clearly see the future events that the character in the picture cannot yet see.
JillyG's photo of the last leaf still hanging on, but we know the inevitable future, is a good example.
Here is an excellent example of past and present. A super photo.
Imagine a cat leaping up, claws extended, ready to catch a balloon. We can imagine what goes into provoking the cat to jump and we know the future that the cat doesn't yet know when the balloon will undoubtedly go bang and the cat will be startled.
Imagine a small group of protesters between the wrecking ball crew and a small house, the other houses already knocked down. If there was no beginning we would have no protesters.
Imagine a family arriving for a picnic and what we see, but the family doesn't yet see, is that the picnic area is full of trash.
Imagine grandma in her rocking chair and standing in front of her is a grandchild with a present behind his/her back.
Imagine dad heading out the the car, fishing rod or golf clubs in tow, and we see the car has a flat tire.
OK, these sound like silly examples but you get the idea. There is a story happening and the viewer is seeing more of it than the participants.
When I look through my camera roll, surprise surprise, there aren't any pictures like that. That's the challenge part. I know it's easier to just pick something from the camera roll but that's not very challenging.

I must confess this has not turned out at all like I expected. There are lots of great photos and the titles are fun, too. To some degree it is expected that at the beginning people will look to see if there is anything in their camera roll that might fit the theme, if stretched a bit. After that it's time to get to work.
Mostly, we are seeing just a freeze frame out of a story, the picture only shows the present but contains no link to the future or past. You can possibly project some sort of previous events onto the freeze frame. A story has a beginning, a middle and an end. I had imagined several situations in which the viewer can clearly see the future events that the character in the picture cannot yet see.
JillyG's photo of the last leaf still hanging on, but we know the inevitable future, is a good example.

Imagine a cat leaping up, claws extended, ready to catch a balloon. We can imagine what goes into provoking the cat to jump and we know the future that the cat doesn't yet know when the balloon will undoubtedly go bang and the cat will be startled.
Imagine a small group of protesters between the wrecking ball crew and a small house, the other houses already knocked down. If there was no beginning we would have no protesters.
Imagine a family arriving for a picnic and what we see, but the family doesn't yet see, is that the picnic area is full of trash.
Imagine grandma in her rocking chair and standing in front of her is a grandchild with a present behind his/her back.
Imagine dad heading out the the car, fishing rod or golf clubs in tow, and we see the car has a flat tire.
OK, these sound like silly examples but you get the idea. There is a story happening and the viewer is seeing more of it than the participants.
When I look through my camera roll, surprise surprise, there aren't any pictures like that. That's the challenge part. I know it's easier to just pick something from the camera roll but that's not very challenging.
I can see what you're saying Brian, but I'm not confident that there's any chance of a "happening" between now and midnight on Saturday and me having my iPhone ready to capture it. But I'm always up for a challenge and I will be on the alert for a story to photograph.:thumbs:

I totally get it. But, at least for me, my schedule is pretty set throughout the week. I'm in my apartment in the morning, then I drive to work and I'm in my office all day. I bring my lunch so very rarely do I go outside. Then I drive home in the dark, back to my apartment. Not too many opportunities to capture stories on my iPhone, unfortunately.

I can see what you're saying Brian, but I'm not confident that there's any chance of a "happening" between now and midnight on Saturday and me having my iPhone ready to capture it. But I'm always up for a challenge and I will be on the alert for a story to photograph.:thumbs:

You're probably right about something just happening, but making something happen is much more likely. You have a dog, right? I bet with a bit of thought you can imagine something and make it happen.

[emoji4] Thanks Rodolfo! Yes, that just popped out of my head.
My sincere admiration to you!
It is a fantastic short story!!!
My image has the proud honor of being the companion of that wonderful poetic story. Thank you, thank you, thank you :inlove::inlove::inlove:

IMG_7734.JPG

Back
Top Bottom