MobiColour RESULT: MC #44 Theme: Make Believe Nov 28-Dec 4

Truly make believe...photo taken at opening of the Dee(Pop-up) Gallery
iColorama, Superimpose
IMG_5566.JPG

Lovely Jen. Gorgeous colours. I'm seeing an owl - is that possible?
It seems Owl is one of my totem animals (according to one of my teachers). They certainly appear a lot in my art.

Funny (to me) story: How to be a collector when you're not:
I don't generally *do* ornaments, but a client gave me a little ceramic owl one time, and I put it on my office bookshelf. A child brought me an owl drawing the same week (up on my wall) and another person gave me a little wooden owl with a poem on a stand. Soon after, a lady said 'I see you collect owls', and gave me another! I have sixteen owls in my room now without ever having said a word about 'liking' or 'collecting' owls - I have to cycle them otherwise my room will look 'curated' :lmao:

It seems Owl is one of my totem animals (according to one of my teachers). They certainly appear a lot in my art.

Funny (to me) story: How to be a collector when you're not:
I don't generally *do* ornaments, but a client gave me a little ceramic owl one time, and I put it on my office bookshelf. A child brought me an owl drawing the same week (up on my wall) and another person gave me a little wooden owl with a poem on a stand. Soon after, a lady said 'I see you collect owls', and gave me another! I have sixteen owls in my room now without ever having said a word about 'liking' or 'collecting' owls - I have to cycle them otherwise my room will look 'curated' :lmao:
It is a funny story and a lovely one too. People want to show their appreciation and, if it looks like you like something, they can show it by giving you something they think gives you pleasure, hence the growing collection. You ain't finished yet I'm thinking. :)

This is my EOS submission, but it seems fitting here too.

View attachment 85178
A Pigeon in a Pear Tree
Procreate, iColorama, Image Blender, Snapseed

I love this arrangement. Do you have other versions? The detail of the painterly pear in EoS is gorgeous. And I love 'Tree of life' type themes. The kind of abstract I always want to do and think I can't.

Hmm. Tree of life . . . .

I love this arrangement. Do you have other versions? The detail of the painterly pear in EoS is gorgeous. And I love 'Tree of life' type themes. The kind of abstract I always want to do and think I can't.

Hmm. Tree of life . . . .
Thank you Jen! :inlove:

I don't have any more versions... :oops::rolleyes: Perhaps my OCD stifles my creativity. o_O

Designed this for TWAC2 and then realised that I had used an image in the double exposure that was already processed so figured it would work well here.

See BeCasso for bird layer manipulation otherwise it was all done in Pixlr.

Old Chinese Legend
IMG_0354.JPG

Designed this for TWAC2 and then realised that I had used an image in the double exposure that was already processed so figured it would work well here.

See BeCasso for bird layer manipulation otherwise it was all done in Pixlr.

Old Chinese Legend
View attachment 85266

Very nice! Looks like it tells a story . . . ?

Back
Top Bottom