MobiColour RESULT: MC #45 THEME: Sacred Spaces - December 5-11

You weren't alone... [emoji849] I had to read it twice because at first I thought it was a tie... :lol:
]

It was a tie. But then, you know, omnipotence and all. You can have the corporeal exactly equal to the Divine. Descartes didn't spend all that time catching pneumonia while he figured out the cogitive for nothing :eek:

Congrats to rizole, I always appreciate your perspective (me being more stuck inside the box) and all the HM's. Great wrap up, Jen. I can always count on you to expand my horizons and vocabulary (read "numinous")

"Stuck inside the box"? You? Never!

I know, right?! Phssst. :p

Yeah. This is the same guy, right? Who was rabbiting on elsewhere about his sense of postmodern alterity?
(He's probably talking about Schroedinger's cat's box :alien:)

Knowing that one man’s ‘sacred’ is another man’s err, something else, and armed with 385 synonyms for ‘sacred’ from powerthesaurus.org (seriously, check it out: https://www.powerthesaurus.org/sacred/synonyms), I allowed myself the luxury of unapologetic subjectivity, and enjoyed each image for my experience of its interpretation of ‘sacred space/s’.

First: rizole's and terse' two images knocked my socks off (intellectually speaking). rizole 's moment of omnipotence ‘generating space where there wasn't any’ – well. At least 72 of the 385 synonyms are applicable here.

View attachment 85495

In a weird kindof juxtaposition, terse goes all theory of origins, and locates the sacred in anatomical space with a clever play on (and the beginnings of a recipe for?) ‘primordial soup’ . Two votes for this image ‘on my wall if I were a teenager’ seal its place as joint winner.

View attachment 85496

However. The longer I wrestled with concepts of omnipotence and primordial origin thingies, the clearer it became to me that you can't out sacred-space omnipotence – so it's rizole by a god-like, numinous, awe-inspiring, transcendent, exalted and immutable whisker.

Second: Equal second (would've been equal first if I thought I could get away with four winners): MotownLarry and FundyBrian heartfelt sharings of spaces sacred to them in the more intimate and personal sense of an experience of spirituality, being part of something greater. . . Different people would express it in different ways: freedictionary.com suggests sacred space (noun) is a “space—tangible or otherwise—that enables those who acknowledge and accept it to feel reverence and connection with the spiritual”.

View attachment 85497

View attachment 85499

Brian’s and Larry’s images are couldn't be more different: Brian is deep in the wilds of nature; Larry points to the architecture of sacred space. I've picked Larry’s first image for its stillness and beauty, and thank him for the follow-up images of the meticulous attention to detail in the beautiful cathedral in St Louis, Missouri. Brian provided a standard and a panoramic image of his sacred space, and I thank him for the accompanying story, which makes the whole that much more beautiful to read.

Honourable Mentions: To spare myself the migraine that threatened after my Deep Thought about non-space and primordial soup, I limited myself to two HM's and maintained the equal-and-different theme. GroovyGouvy Red Salon and sinnerjohn Derby County aka Greggs’ Sacred Sausage Roll both describe a kindof communion, inspiring to them in different ways, with shallwesay non-traditional ‘sacred spaces’: cigarettes in stairwells and greasy pink sausage rolls, respectively. I can't really think of anything else to say about that.

View attachment 85501

View attachment 85502

- - 0 - -

Thanks all for participating,

and for the usual Mobi-mix of subjects, perspectives, edits -

and for the always-entertaining accompanying conversation

:inlove:
Thank you zenjenny. I had to look up numinous and that was quite a write up. It certainly deserves more of a response than I have time for as Lauren is expecting me to go and chase her with the dinosaur.
Personally, I'd have terse's pic on my wall too and if anyone has a recipe for primordial soup can you post it here? I hope it doesn't involve pink pig meat product.

Thank you zenjenny. I had to look up numinous and that was quite a write up. It certainly deserves more of a response than I have time for as Lauren is expecting me to go and chase her with the dinosaur.
Personally, I'd have terse's pic on my wall too and if anyone has a recipe for primordial soup can you post it here? I hope it doesn't involve pink pig meat product.
That's the main ingredient. :lol:

It was a tie. But then, you know, omnipotence and all. You can have the corporeal exactly equal to the Divine. Descartes didn't spend all that time catching pneumonia while he figured out the cogitive for nothing :eek:
Or did he? :appsir:

Knowing that one man’s ‘sacred’ is another man’s err, something else, and armed with 385 synonyms for ‘sacred’ from powerthesaurus.org (seriously, check it out: https://www.powerthesaurus.org/sacred/synonyms), I allowed myself the luxury of unapologetic subjectivity, and enjoyed each image for my experience of its interpretation of ‘sacred space/s’.

First: rizole's and terse' two images knocked my socks off (intellectually speaking). rizole 's moment of omnipotence ‘generating space where there wasn't any’ – well. At least 72 of the 385 synonyms are applicable here.

View attachment 85495

In a weird kindof juxtaposition, terse goes all theory of origins, and locates the sacred in anatomical space with a clever play on (and the beginnings of a recipe for?) ‘primordial soup’ . Two votes for this image ‘on my wall if I were a teenager’ seal its place as joint winner.

View attachment 85496

However. The longer I wrestled with concepts of omnipotence and primordial origin thingies, the clearer it became to me that you can't out sacred-space omnipotence – so it's rizole by a god-like, numinous, awe-inspiring, transcendent, exalted and immutable whisker.

Second: Equal second (would've been equal first if I thought I could get away with four winners): MotownLarry and FundyBrian heartfelt sharings of spaces sacred to them in the more intimate and personal sense of an experience of spirituality, being part of something greater. . . Different people would express it in different ways: freedictionary.com suggests sacred space (noun) is a “space—tangible or otherwise—that enables those who acknowledge and accept it to feel reverence and connection with the spiritual”.

View attachment 85497

View attachment 85499

Brian’s and Larry’s images are couldn't be more different: Brian is deep in the wilds of nature; Larry points to the architecture of sacred space. I've picked Larry’s first image for its stillness and beauty, and thank him for the follow-up images of the meticulous attention to detail in the beautiful cathedral in St Louis, Missouri. Brian provided a standard and a panoramic image of his sacred space, and I thank him for the accompanying story, which makes the whole that much more beautiful to read.

Honourable Mentions: To spare myself the migraine that threatened after my Deep Thought about non-space and primordial soup, I limited myself to two HM's and maintained the equal-and-different theme. GroovyGouvy Red Salon and sinnerjohn Derby County aka Greggs’ Sacred Sausage Roll both describe a kindof communion, inspiring to them in different ways, with shallwesay non-traditional ‘sacred spaces’: cigarettes in stairwells and greasy pink sausage rolls, respectively. I can't really think of anything else to say about that.

View attachment 85501

View attachment 85502

- - 0 - -

Thank you, zenjenny, I am thrilled to get a mention in this fantastic group of images. And I apologize deeply for the loss of your intellectual socks. (Were those the stripey knee socks?) Congrats to rizole and applause for all.

and greasy pink sausage rolls, respectively. I can't really think of anything else to say about that.
Yay for HM and greasy pink sausage rolls :lmao:
Well done rizole (again. habit forming aint it ;)) Can someone please get me a Jen - John translation dictionary for Christmas please so I may have a head start on understanding all those big words :D

Yay for HM and greasy pink sausage rolls :lmao:
Well done rizole (again. habit forming aint it ;)) Can someone please get me a Jen - John translation dictionary for Christmas please so I may have a head start on understanding all those big words :D

I'd take one, too. [emoji106][emoji1]

Thanks for judging, @zenjen, thanks for mentioning my piccy, congrats to rizole, terse and all else!

View attachment 85495

View attachment 85496

View attachment 85497

View attachment 85499

View attachment 85501

View attachment 85502

- - 0 - -

Great winners! Well done, rizole and well done, terse for .......hmmmm....:confused:o_O well, if rizole got first and MotownLarry and FundyBrian came second, I'm afraid you are stuck somewhere in the twilight zone but excellent image nonetheless! Lots of clever images in this lot - well done all!

View attachment 85495

View attachment 85496

View attachment 85497

View attachment 85499

View attachment 85501

View attachment 85502

- - 0 - -

Congratulations to all the winners rizole being winner
Second MotownLarry and FundyBrian
and honorable mention GroovyGouvy, sinnerjohn
The rest beautiful photos and edit
Just love the photos that you all posted

View attachment 85495

View attachment 85496

View attachment 85497

View attachment 85499

View attachment 85501

View attachment 85502

- - 0 - -

Thank you, zenjenny, for this wonderful challenge. There were so many excellent photos and interpretations of the sacred. I'm pleased you liked one of my photos to include among the winners. Congratulations to the other winners: rizole, terse, MotownLarry, and HMs, GroovyGouvy and sinnerjohn. It's good to keep us all striving to do better. I'm sure all the participants gained a lot by following this thread and being inspired by the collective creativity found here at MobiTog.

Back
Top Bottom