MobiColour RESULT: MC #45 THEME: Sacred Spaces - December 5-11

I have a sacred place I go to when I need a private meditative spot to clear my head or want to feel the oneness of the universe.
71d98f7ed920771b2f28eb556b02c53d.jpg

There is no trail to get there. You just have to know where to leave the road, walk zig-zag down a long steep (as steep as the ground will stay secure without sliding) forested hill about 300 metres and along the brook a few hundred meters, bring your rubber boots because you have to wade the brook twice and believe me, the water is much too cold for getting wet. Down there you find a magical moss-lined hollow with the brook passing through, a small waterfall, and a pool below the falls about 2 metres deep. My personal sacred place. I knew it the moment I first discovered it. You can feel it immediately. You feel hesitant to make any sound. I've spent hours there. There are some brook trout in the pool but you can't see them unless you poke your head underwater with some goggles. (Brrrr.)
You can be sure nobody will disturb you down there. I've never seen any other footprints there, or litter. The only sound is the waterfall. Sit on a rock or fallen tree and after a while you have become part of the earth. I have brought very few people down there and only when I felt they needed to be in a sacred place for a while. I'm not worried, I doubt if they could find their way back there without my help. Twice I've experienced a profound feeling of oneness with all that is while sitting there. It's like one minute you're there and the next minute you're outside of yourself, everywhere and every when at once. The stars and molecules at once.
This photo was made on my old iPod in my early days of mobile photography.
d16c60847650aef8a1a1798dbf35bbf7.jpg

This second photo is a 360 panorama. You can see how the falls and pool are surrounded by a rocky gully covered in green moss. Half the fun is climbing back up the hill. I feel like I enter stealth mode when I enter or leave, waiting until no one is around before leaving the road.

Absolutely lovely

I have a sacred place I go to when I need a private meditative spot to clear my head or want to feel the oneness of the universe.

There is no trail to get there. You just have to know where to leave the road, walk zig-zag down a long steep (as steep as the ground will stay secure without sliding) forested hill about 300 metres and along the brook a few hundred meters, bring your rubber boots because you have to wade the brook twice and believe me, the water is much too cold for getting wet. Down there you find a magical moss-lined hollow with the brook passing through, a small waterfall, and a pool below the falls about 2 metres deep. My personal sacred place. I knew it the moment I first discovered it. You can feel it immediately. You feel hesitant to make any sound. I've spent hours there. There are some brook trout in the pool but you can't see them unless you poke your head underwater with some goggles. (Brrrr.)
You can be sure nobody will disturb you down there. I've never seen any other footprints there, or litter. The only sound is the waterfall. Sit on a rock or fallen tree and after a while you have become part of the earth. I have brought very few people down there and only when I felt they needed to be in a sacred place for a while. I'm not worried, I doubt if they could find their way back there without my help. Twice I've experienced a profound feeling of oneness with all that is while sitting there. It's like one minute you're there and the next minute you're outside of yourself, everywhere and every when at once. The stars and molecules at once.

This second photo is a 360 panorama. You can see how the falls and pool are surrounded by a rocky gully covered in green moss. Half the fun is climbing back up the hill. I feel like I enter stealth mode when I enter or leave, waiting until no one is around before leaving the road.

Awww, Brian, this is poetry for eyes and ears. A sacred place of nature's magic. [emoji7]
Thank you for sharing. Alone the picture lifts the soul. You're blessed with where you are living. [emoji120]

Edit: since I've seen the pictures the radio in my head is playing the same song over and over: "this corner of the earth" by Jamiroquai. [emoji4][emoji7]

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing this. Beautiful.

Magic, indeed. [emoji172] How beautiful... and so special to have such a place to call your own. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. [emoji94]

Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Cathedral, Quebec. This is a famous site for healing. People travel here to pray for miraculous healing for themselves or loved ones.
7b253ac49b0060f8693ecc17716b3de2.jpg

This is the specific area people come to within the cathedral to pray for healing. An introductory praying place in the foreground and behind is the area devoted to Sainte Anne.
8177bb371c0bd7eb3dad6953ff292eaf.jpg

The detail work all over this cathedral is astounding.

Back
Top Bottom