MobiColour RESULT: MC #82 Theme: Music - August 21-27, 2017

Digging That Bhangra Beat

IMG_5065.jpg

One of the hottest days of the year and guess who's dancing? This was taken from a video at the Mobi Meetup. I must post that in the thread. I've just noticed Ann's grumpy bag.:lol:

Digging That Bhangra Beat

View attachment 98163
One of the hottest days of the year and guess who's dancing? This was taken from a video at the Mobi Meetup. I must post that in the thread. I've just noticed Ann's grumpy bag.:lol:
:D :D :D
Such a fun day!!

(Ann's bag does look grumpy! But it's an owl....maybe he didn't care for the dancing.)

Sister Moon lll

IMG_2513.JPG

I didn't realise I posted an unfinished piece when I put up Sister Moon ll. But I did the other day when I saw it again in this thread and thought "geeze! There is no colour in in it!" So I swept it through Snapseed first to do the things pimping it in a more serious way and then I gave Aura another chance as Lzed recommended. It has really improved and is fun to use, what you see now is a "Sister Moon" enhanced, drowned in Moonlight and splashed with a note to fit the theme even more. This is, what i should have looked like, forget ll, look at lll. [emoji4]

Sister Moon lll

View attachment 98167

I didn't realise I posted an unfinished piece when I put up Sister Moon ll. But I did the other day when I saw it again in this thread and thought "geeze! There is no colour in in it!" So I swept it through Snapseed first to do the things pimping it in a more serious way and then I gave Aura another chance as Lzed recommended. It has really improved and is fun to use, what you see now is a "Sister Moon" enhanced, drowned in Moonlight and splashed with a note to fit the theme even more. This is, what i should have looked like, forget ll, look at lll. [emoji4]
II is a distant memory. III has usurped it in my mind. :D Great editing :thumbs:.

Sister Moon lll

View attachment 98167

I love it! The perfect combination of elements.

The Instrument...

Stroke gently, the strings are fragile from misuse.... She's a beauty, shiny and enticing, her shell only giving a glimpse of what truly lies inside. A realness so deep and powerful, the player will never want to put her down. It is her dream, she keeps locked in, to so be discovered.

Enlight17.jpg

This is an old abstract I did in 2013, I think. I had to go find it in my flickr account after seeing this weeks theme. (I immediately thought of it, so had to find it to post) I wish I had access to the original, but it's on a hard drive I can't get to right now. So, this copy is a small one. Ah well, it works right?
I don't remember all the apps used, but know that Decim8 was involved [emoji6]. Used Enlight to remove my ugly watermark, lol. The little intro was written by me way back then.

The Instrument...

Stroke gently, the strings are fragile from misuse.... She's a beauty, shiny and enticing, her shell only giving a glimpse of what truly lies inside. A realness so deep and powerful, the player will never want to put her down. It is her dream, she keeps locked in, to so be discovered.

View attachment 98171

This is an old abstract I did in 2013, I think. I had to go find it in my flickr account after seeing this weeks theme. (I immediately thought of it, so had to find it to post) I wish I had access to the original, but it's on a hard drive I can't get to right now. So, this copy is a small one. Ah well, it works right?
I don't remember all the apps used, but know that Decim8 was involved [emoji6]. Used Enlight to remove my ugly watermark, lol. The little intro was written by me way back then.
:inlove:

Well, here we go. I know I picked an unusual topic for this week, but I wanted to see how you would respond in making your pictures play beautiful music…and you produced some great results!

Starzee, you felt you were posting too many music related photos, but I shared that same feeling last week with all my sculpture photos. But, when you want share something, you can't help yourself. Personally, when I post in these contests, my goal is just sharing.

I loved the Player Piano Rolls, so Starzee is awarded FIRST PLACE. That picture brought back some wonderful childhood memories.
IMG_1094.JPG

@bmore’s keyboard photo conjured up thoughts of someone like Scott Joplin pounding away on the keys. A great effort earning SECOND PLACE.
IMG_1093.JPG
THIRD PLACE goes to terse for Street Music. I loved how the sculpture of a saw-playing artist complimented the street violinist.
IMG_1090.JPG

HONORABLE MENTIONS to deepop fun-loving Rockin’ Out With the Ramones and GroovyGouvy Sister Moon lll. Nice editing.

Thanks to everyone for coming up with some interesting music pictures.

Well, here we go. I know I picked an unusual topic for this week, but I wanted to see how you would respond in making your pictures play beautiful music…and you produced some great results!

Starzee, you felt you were posting too many music related photos, but I shared that same feeling last week with all my sculpture photos. But, when you want share something, you can't help yourself. Personally, when I post in these contests, my goal is just sharing.

I loved the Player Piano Rolls, so Starzee is awarded FIRST PLACE. That picture brought back some wonderful childhood memories.
View attachment 98295
@bmore’s keyboard photo conjured up thoughts of someone like Scott Joplin pounding away on the keys. A great effort earning SECOND PLACE.
View attachment 98296
THIRD PLACE goes to terse for Street Music. I loved how the sculpture of a saw-playing artist complimented the street violinist.
View attachment 98297

HONORABLE MENTIONS to deepop fun-loving Rockin’ Out With the Ramones and GroovyGouvy Sister Moon lll. Nice editing.

Thanks to everyone for coming up with some interesting music pictures.
Excellent choices Larry! Congrats to you Starzee Star... I love your image too! :inlove:
High Fives to bmore, terse Ted, deepop David and GroovyGouvy!!

Back
Top Bottom