MobiColour RESULT: MC #88 Theme: Landscapes - Oct 2-8

Taken today while walking with my close friend along the canal.

Snapseed followed by Hipstamatic (Jack London lens)

View attachment 99886

Very nice. Some sort of old mill maybe?
I can't quite make out what the person in the boat is doing - taking a picture? Maybe you can see in your full size photo.

LANDSCAPE2.jpg

after rain - summer 2016 LGg4 (St. Ives, Cornwall)

Low tide sunset Oct 2nd at Waterside Beach.
IMG_4549.JPG

This evening. Walking after supper with my daughter & her dog. Actually the dog was running like mad after a frisbee. Tongue hanging out all covered with sand. Not my tongue, the dog's.
Fusion, iPhone 7 Plus & tripod. No edits.
Bay of Fundy, Waterside, New Brunswick, Canada, eh?

A little later; Low Tide Sunset at Waterside Beach, Oct 2nd.
IMG_4540.JPG

Fusion, neutral setting no edits. iPhone 7 Plus, tripod. Getting chilly in the evenings now. Down to +2°C overnight. The cold air made for clear visibility.
New Brunswick, Canada.

Very nice. Some sort of old mill maybe?
I can't quite make out what the person in the boat is doing - taking a picture? Maybe you can see in your full size photo.
Thanks. Hah, trust you Brian, with your wonderful powers of perception to get into the nitty gritty. This is actually a landmark building. It's the summer house of John Donne, a famous English poet who was also the Dean of St Paul's at one point.

I happen to know what the lady was doing on the boat because I raced ahead to secure this shot. She was drinking some sort of hot drink, probably a cup of tea!

Thanks. Hah, trust you Brian, with your wonderful powers of perception to get into the nitty gritty. This is actually a landmark building. It's the summer house of John Donne, a famous English poet who was also the Dean of St Paul's at one point.

I happen to know what the lady was doing on the boat because I raced ahead to secure this shot. She was drinking some sort of hot drink, probably a cup of tea!

Yes, I really like to know the background of a photo.

Love those ripples.

Me, too. I was also realizing I hardly ever photograph landscapes that don't include water. The intertidal zone is one place that is both below water and above water depending on the tide.
Beyond that, the thing that calls to some deep place within is the meeting of the most basic elements, water, sky, earth, but especially exposed bedrock.

Does a cityscape count as landscape when taken in landscape?
Frankfurt lights (25th of August, Germany; FusionHDR)

IMG_5296.JPG

Or even when shot in portrait?

Over The River Main (27th of August, from the Cathedral tower, Frankfurt, Germany; iPhone 6s+ native, Snapseed)

Snapseed.jpg

Framed Landscape (1st of July, Ilford, England; iP6s+ native, Snapseed)

Snapseed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom