MobiColour RESULT: MC #88 Theme: Landscapes - Oct 2-8

The Artificial Merry Maidens of Stoke Sub Hamdon (Somerset, England, 20th of June; 6s+ native and Snapseed)

Snapseed.jpg

Chigwell By Day (Chigwell, England, 1st of July; 6s+ native, Snapseed)

Snapseed.jpg

Chigwell By Night (Chigwell, England, 2nd {edit: not 1st again! Sorry} of July – last night before going home [emoji22]; 6s+ native, Snapseed)

IMG_6961.JPG

Last edited:
The Artificial Merry Maidens of Stoke Sub Hamdon (Somerset, England, 20th of June; 6s+ native and Snapseed)

View attachment 100105

View attachment 100106

Chigwell By Night (Chigwell, England, 2nd {edit: not 1st again! Sorry} of July – last night before going home [emoji22]; 6s+ native, Snapseed)

View attachment 100107
These are beautiful... is that a sacred stone circle? Love the night shot tree silhouette.

These are beautiful... is that a sacred stone circle? Love the night shot tree silhouette.

Don't think it's sacred, just a stone circle and not old enough, the hill is a kind of quarry and stone artists or to be artists are trying out their skills. And as far as I remember … wait, I have the sign somewhere …
On the sign it is written: "These stones were erected as a special project for the millennium. They are to commemorate many centuries of quarrying on Ham Hill and and all those man that worked here."

So I even have to rename the picture: it is the merry maidens of Ham Hill!

View attachment 100105

View attachment 100106

View attachment 100107
Love the colour in Chigwell by day. There's a bird in the centre of the pic.

Lots of people! But no one in the water. Perhaps too rough that day. The lifeguard stand leads me to think people do swim there at times.
People wade out into the surf, and there are windsurfers when the conditions are right, but there's little casual swimming. The water's cold! The whole coast is swept by the Japan Current coming down from the Arctic. In Santa Cruz, the yearly pro surfer contest is called the O'Neill Coldwater Classic.

Back
Top Bottom