Shadow Selfies

Had to look that up... Squiffy

It appears to be slightly off, however the posts look fairly straight considering we were walking down from the top of the mountain [emoji6]
There was also a strange layer of haze over the city below.

Absolutely picturesque. Wonderful holiday picture. What city is it?
Sorry if too curious, but you've posted mostly sunny pictures and now this. [emoji15] is it holiday or (like) California with snow on the mountains and sunny beaches in the lower areas?

That's a lot of snow!

They got about 8-10 inches here a few days before we arrived. It rained a lot last night, very icy morning. Very dreary day (I'm not used to dreary).

Absolutely picturesque. Wonderful holiday picture. What city is it?
Sorry if too curious, but you've posted mostly sunny pictures and now this. [emoji15] is it holiday or (like) California with snow on the mountains and sunny beaches in the lower areas?

Thank you... it is Wausau, Wisconsin below... Rib Mountain State Park, a place I used to walk nearly every day. There is snow everywhere, but a couple hours south, my son has hardly any snow at his house.

We are on vacation in Central Wisconsin to attend my granddaughter's Quinceañera last Saturday and visit until next Sunday. I miss my sunshine and warm weather, although I miss my kids and grands terribly. The grands are all growing in far too fast.

IMG_9133.JPG

Centered

They got about 8-10 inches here a few days before we arrived. It rained a lot last night, very icy morning. Very dreary day (I'm not used to dreary).

Thank you... it is Wausau, Wisconsin below... Rib Mountain State Park, a place I used to walk nearly every day. There is snow everywhere, but a couple hours south, my son has hardly any snow at his house.

We are on vacation in Central Wisconsin to attend my granddaughter's Quinceañera last Saturday and visit until next Sunday. I miss my sunshine and warm weather, although I miss my kids and grands terribly. The grands are all growing in far too fast.

Aww, thanks, Dee, somehow I missed that point. I've seen your portraits and read all that, but I didn't connect the one with the other or that you are still there. [emoji16] Sorry and thanks for clearing it up for me. [emoji177]

20170422_000137618_iOS.jpg

After photographing the pear tree blossoms I noticed how golden the light was on the weeping willow, which is just starting to green up, and after I took the pic I continued back into the house to make supper. After we finished with that, I sat down to look at the photos and see if anything would be extra cool with some editing and I saw this! I think this is the first time I've ever caught my shadow and I immediately thought of this thread! In looking at my image library I realized that I catch my reflection A LOT in various shiny objects, but not my shadow. This may be a first (and last) accidental capture. I think my shadow self likes staying hidden ;)

View attachment 92759
After photographing the pear tree blossoms I noticed how golden the light was on the weeping willow, which is just starting to green up, and after I took the pic I continued back into the house to make supper. After we finished with that, I sat down to look at the photos and see if anything would be extra cool with some editing and I saw this! I think this is the first time I've ever caught my shadow and I immediately thought of this thread! In looking at my image library I realized that I catch my reflection A LOT in various shiny objects, but not my shadow. This may be a first (and last) accidental capture. I think my shadow self likes staying hidden ;)
Nice one! And what a beautiful big yard... :inlove:

I now make shadow selfies on purpose, for this thread. :lol:

Nice one! And what a beautiful big yard... :inlove:

I now make shadow selfies on purpose, for this thread. :lol:

I'm going to start paying attention and trying to make some also :) I had to laugh at myself because I was going to redo the pic but remembered this thread and got tickled that I actually had something that I could post [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom