Star’s 2024 365 or is it 366?

1/7
We have been lucky to have live music every week at our favorite local brewery. The crowds were a bit scarce after our recent snow event.
This is the Hipstamatic X update, in the pinhole lens mode with Death Valley combo.

IMG_1896.jpeg

That instrument on the right looks like a combination mandolin banjo. I guess that circular part is a resonator/soundbox?
It was Mike’s father’s mandolin. Andy is going to recondition it. Being musically inept, I can only guess the you are right.

Hmm... Fiddle, mandolin, and autoharp: You had an old-timey string band musician in the family?
Mike did dabble in blue grass for a short time. His dad was in a (very popular) country band back in the day. Mike took guitar as a kid then became obsessed with violin. He bought his first one on our honey moon. He took lessons and played with an orchestra for a while. When his dad became ill he gave Mike all all his instruments including a steel guitar. Along the way we seem to have attracted a menagerie of music instruments. I thought about trying to gather them all into one spot for a collection photo but I’m not sure they’d all fit in a frame.

Right now, Mike plays mostly rock, some 90’s alternative stuff, a smattering of 40’s swing. He still plays classical violin on occasion. He is constantly learning new music.

1/12
Our favorite trail at Montezuma Wildlife Refuge is closed for the time being due to eagles nesting along it. I have posted photos of them building it in my 2023-365. The nest is quite close to the trail. I guess I don’t blame them. Some people have no respect for wildlife.
IMG_1911.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom