Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

8/13
Founders Day
Pretty much another car show. They seem to be popular around here. There seems to be one every weekend and during the week they gather at local ice cream shops. Tuesdays at Classic Cones, Wednesdays at DBs, and Thursday at Happy Days. Monday and Friday I’m guessing they hit the gym to work off all that ice cream.

Founders Day (Auburn, NY) was cancelled because of Covid for a couple of years and there were a couple of years I just couldn’t get around very well, so it’s been a while since we last went. I took the opportunity to do some from the hip shooting.
Yesterday
3D7AC8C4-91C2-4047-B02C-A1A5EF4E0C0E.jpeg

According to the info I took this in 2017. Same guy?
EF715547-63D9-4516-A336-784831511645.jpeg

8/13
Founders Day
Pretty much another car show. They seem to be popular around here. There seems to be one every weekend and during the week they gather at local ice cream shops. Tuesdays at Classic Cones, Wednesdays at DBs, and Thursday at Happy Days. Monday and Friday I’m guessing they hit the gym to work off all that ice cream.

Founders Day (Auburn, NY) was cancelled because of Covid for a couple of years and there were a couple of years I just couldn’t get around very well, so it’s been a while since we last went. I took the opportunity to do some from the hip shooting.
Yesterday
View attachment 184429

According to the info I took this in 2017. Same guy?
View attachment 184430
Hmmm, not sure.:lol:

8/18
Wet Morning Glory
After reading terse Ted’s thread, I looked for Pixelmator on my iPad and the search showed it. When I chose it I was sent to my files. I tried that a couple of times, then went to the App Store and ran a search. The ordinary Pixelmator looked the same as the ipad search and when I hit open, the same thing happened. It appears I had purchased Pixelmator Pro at some point so I downloaded it. I processed this photo with it. Very impressed.
92C9BED8-952C-4DC1-BCF4-F19FB04D3C79.jpeg

Aside…I didn’t see anything about a subscription. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong app.

8/18
Wet Morning Glory
After reading terse Ted’s thread, I looked for Pixelmator on my iPad and the search showed it. When I chose it I was sent to my files. I tried that a couple of times, then went to the App Store and ran a search. The ordinary Pixelmator looked the same as the ipad search and when I hit open, the same thing happened. It appears I had purchased Pixelmator Pro at some point so I downloaded it. I processed this photo with it. Very impressed.
View attachment 184614
Aside…I didn’t see anything about a subscription. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong app.
Me too tested yesterday. My iPad app didn’t say anything about subscription. I found a note in Dropbox: I had payed about 5USD for it 5 years ago. Perhaps that’s why. I also have a paid version on my Mac, but it seems they are going to release a completely new Mac OS app. A bit confusing everything and I have seen on their blog that users are upset. Anyway it’s a great app.

8/18
Wet Morning Glory
View attachment 184614
Yeah, they could have done a better job keeping their apps straight. Pixelmator Photo is the app I was talking about -- lots of photo editing tools but no layers. Plain old Pixelmator, their original app, has some painting tools and has layers but fewer photo editing tools. Pixelmator Pro is the Mac version, which has layers and all the editing tools.

I think at the moment it's Pixelmator Photo on iOS and Pixelmator Pro on MacOS that have gone subscription for new users, but so far, if you're already an owner, you get grandparented in without having to subscribe.

Note: When you look at the icons on your iPad or iPhone, both Pixelmator Photo and Affinity Photo are just named "Photo" so you have to recognize the icons to tell them apart. :rolleyes: Plain old Pixelmator is named "Pixelmator" and has a different icon yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, they could have done a better job keeping their apps straight. Pixelmator Photo is the app I was talking about -- lots of photo editing tools but no layers. Plain old Pixelmator, their original app, has some painting tools and has layers but fewer photo editing tools. Pixelmator Pro is the Mac version, which has layers and all the editing tools.

I think at the moment it's Pixelmator Photo on iOS and Pixelmator Pro on MacOS that have gone subscription for new users, but so far, if you're already an owner, you get grandparented in without having to subscribe.

Note: When you look at the icons on your iPad or iPhone, both Pixelmator Photo and Affinity Photo are just named "Photo" so you have to recognize the icons to tell them apart. :rolleyes: Plain old Pixelmator is named "Pixelmator" and has a different icon yet.
I did wonder about the Photo on the app. I must have paid for it at some point. It is certainly worth experimenting with, at least until they ask for money.

Back
Top Bottom