Mobi366 Ubbyisis’ Project 366 - 2020

Day 83 - March 23rd - Some kind of mindfulness project ;)

Luckily enough my DH finds it relaxing to chop. I think he has finished about one third of the fir tree that fell some weeks ago. I’m glad he doesn’t want my help with the project.

Snapseed and Darkroom

76522C61-E7B5-4460-910E-DC31A63D9B3B.jpeg

Day 83 - March 23rd - Some kind of mindfulness project ;)

Luckily enough my DH finds it relaxing to chop. I think he has finished about one third of the fir tree that fell some weeks ago. I’m glad he doesn’t want my help with the project.

Snapseed and Darkroom

View attachment 156270
Wow, those logs look huge! Does he use an axe on those or the chainsaw?

Wow, those logs look huge! Does he use an axe on those or the chainsaw?
First he uses the chainsaw to get logs of manageable size. He has to sharpen the chain ever so often. Then he cuts the logs in halves with an axe. And finally the log splinter (the one from Day 75). No blood shed - yet :thumbs:

Day 84 - March 24th - Cranes :inlove: :thumbs:

I think there were about fifty of them. Never seen so many in one spot before. Unfortunately we could not stop and go outside as we were driving on a narrow road. We just stopped for perhaps 30 secs and I tried to get a photo from the car window which wasn’t easy as my driver/DH was between me and the window ;) I really wish we‘d brought our long zoom cams, even if I couldn’t have posted the results here. New rule: always bring all cameras when you go for a drive in early spring.

Snapseed, Darkroom, iColorama

FCAB55F3-FA4C-40E6-970D-7FA4CFD31CDC.jpeg

original:
528028CE-81AE-4793-8E25-F90DEBD4075D.jpeg

Day 84 bonus - A young man I know will be super happy :)

Delayed in the mail, but finally: Linus’ Popsockets arrived today. Now we must arrange an outdoor delivery meeting with him ;) I’ve prepared a special box for them, but there’s still a chance they will be scattered all around in his apartment, but that’s a minor problem, especially now...

99AD07A9-5BA2-4280-95E3-723EE1B76A46.jpeg

I think there were about fifty of them. Never seen so many in one spot before. Unfortunately we could not stop and go outside as we were driving on a narrow road. We just stopped for perhaps 30 secs and I tried to get a photo from the car window which wasn’t easy as my driver/DH was between me and the window ;) I really wish we‘d brought our long zoom cams, even if I couldn’t have posted the results here. New rule: always bring all cameras when you go for a drive in early spring.

View attachment 156291

original:
View attachment 156290
Cranes!:inlove:

Day 85 - March 25th - Outdoor meeting :cry: :inlove:

We just came home after delivering the popsockets to Linus. He got very excited. Sad thing was that he asked us to come in and we didn’t succeed explaining why we had to stay outside. I wish this Corona shit had happened before Linus moved out from here...
The birds are singing and the spring flowers are in bloom totally unaware of what we humans are struggling with.

EFBF01DF-FBBD-481F-8378-1BD4A2F8834F.png

bonus: as JillyG asked about my DH’s chopping technique for the logs I posted Day 83

4D5CBAB6-A5D0-4FE4-90DF-8727F6F5F9DC.jpeg

We just came home after delivering the popsockets to Linus. He got very excited. Sad thing was that he asked us to come in and we didn’t succeed explaining why we had to stay outside. I wish this Corona shit had happened before Linus moved out from here...
The birds are singing and the spring flowers are in bloom totally unaware of what we humans are struggling with.

View attachment 156308

bonus: as JillyG asked about my DH’s chopping technique for the logs I posted Day 83

View attachment 156310
Oooh, Rog is very impressed by this technique!! And yes, it’s hard to explain the inexplicable. I hardly understand it myself.

View attachment 156291

original:
View attachment 156290
Great edit. The original is nice too, but with the edit the scene becomes almost dreamy :)

View attachment 156308

View attachment 156310
Tough! Sending love to all of you xx

Day 86 - March 86th - Mixed emotions

10 degrees in the shade and the wind is not so strong today. A bee just sat down on my finger. Unfortunately I didn’t have the cellphone with me. Lovely spring sign. Saw a bumblebee and a tiny orange butterfly outside the kitchen window. A beautiful blue spring flower is smiling towards the bright sun. A brimstone butterfly landed on my colorful shoe. In that very moment a notification popped up about yet more dead people.
The first chaffinch has arrived and sings beautifully as load as he can.
Two months from now the swallows will return to my latitude.
This mixture of springtime joy and sorrow is difficult to handle.

two versions of the blue flower, number one unedited and the artsy one is created with iColorama

967706CC-5823-4CDA-8C8D-7798111094B4.jpeg

47B52450-2637-45B7-90F5-CDDCED75D5F4.jpeg

Day 86 - March 86th - Mixed emotions

10 degrees in the shade and the wind is not so strong today. A bee just sat down on my finger. Unfortunately I didn’t have the cellphone with me. Lovely spring sign. Saw a bumblebee and a tiny orange butterfly outside the kitchen window. A beautiful blue spring flower is smiling towards the bright sun. A brimstone butterfly landed on my colorful shoe. In that very moment a notification popped up about yet more dead people.
The first chaffinch has arrived and sings beautifully as load as he can.
Two months from now the swallows will return to my latitude.
This mixture of springtime joy and sorrow is difficult to handle.

two versions of the blue flower, number one unedited and the artsy one is created with iColorama

View attachment 156323

View attachment 156324
Life definitely goes on doesn’t it. Thank heavens the birds and animals seem to be immune at the moment. Love the edit, and the original.

Day 88 - March 28th - So much for his chopping technique :eek: :D

While I was out on my daily walk my DH was attacked by a log. Glad it was just a scratch.... And yes, I asked him if it was OK to post this on MobiTog ;)

View attachment 156361
Wow, he was lucky. The last thing you want to be doing is going to the hospital!! And still he’s smiling.:hearteyes:

Back
Top Bottom