Mobi365 Ubbyisis Project 365 2023

Day 121 - May 1st - Colour Splash :)

May is supposed to be a lovely month with warmth and sunshine and bursting flowers and leaves everywhere. Bad start this year. The pissväder just continues - 5 degrees and rain today. I'm pissed :rolleyes: DH has fled to the greenhouse.

Gave the original a vintage look in PicTapGo. Then I superimposed the photos and "painted in" the plants green colour in iColorama

IMG_8427.jpeg

Day 122 - May 2nd - It shouldn’t be alive in May

The tussilago farfara is the earliest flower here. It usually blooms from February till March….

Closeup with iPhone 13 Max Pro auto macro mode, edits in LR

IMG_0461.jpeg

they grow in clusters. edited in iColorama

IMG_8446.jpeg

Looks like it’s raining up ahead….. Clouds like this are soooo cool.
I agree. As long as you see them from a distance. The effect when these clouds are ”sunlit” is impressive. Once the sun isn’t involved anymore they just turn boring grey.
On our way home we could see where the cloud has passed and poured out its’ content :)

I agree. As long as you see them from a distance. The effect when these clouds are ”sunlit” is impressive. Once the sun isn’t involved anymore they just turn boring grey.
On our way home we could see where the cloud has passed and poured out its’ content :)
Once again our weather seems to be following yours. I went to the small city 8 miles from our house to get groceries and never once saw any rain, though there were threatening clouds. On the way back a 4 mile section of road in between home and store was wet, trees dripping. The store parking lot was dry, my driveway was dry, but in between had been rained on.

Once again our weather seems to be following yours. I went to the small city 8 miles from our house to get groceries and never once saw any rain, though there were threatening clouds. On the way back a 4 mile section of road in between home and store was wet, trees dripping. The store parking lot was dry, my driveway was dry, but in between had been rained on.
It’s as if the northern hemisphere have got huger weather systems or something. Feels creepy :confused:

Day 124 - May 4th - My very own Balkan anemone :cool: ;)

Today our Balkansippa /Anemone blanda / Balkan anemone finally started to bloom. A good sign that spring is in progress despite the chilly weather. We went over to Linus for the usual coffee ritual. As he loves Balkan pop music I thought it was a fun idea to create this composite :)

I used Pixomatic for the composite and Lightroom for the basic edits

13F87EC9-7185-4CBB-A69A-A9187B0DBEE6.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0516_jpg.jpeg

Day 126 - May 6th - Stripes

We finally got rid of the cold winds from the north. The air is still cold - around 10 degrees - but if the forecasts are correct we’ll get warmer from Monday. The forecasts often fail nowadays though. I guess the new climate makes the meteorological models useless.

Cirrus radiatus

IMG_0573_jpg.jpeg

Day 126 - May 6th - Stripes

We finally got rid of the cold winds from the north. The air is still cold - around 10 degrees - but if the forecasts are correct we’ll get warmer from Monday. The forecasts often fail nowadays though. I guess the new climate makes the meteorological models useless.

Cirrus radiatus

View attachment 192319
We’re warming up to normal finally. And despite the last week of miserable drizzly cold weather, April 2023 was the second warmest on record in our area. :eek:

We’re warming up to normal finally. And despite the last week of miserable drizzly cold weather, April 2023 was the second warmest on record in our area. :eek:
At least some difference then. Here April is one of the coldest since they started to register. The same with March. I admit I'm looking forward to next week:
1683473151597.png

Day 128 - May 8th - After workout coffee :cool:

And then there was finally warmth :) I have enjoyed this day so much. After such a long wait we could get out in summer clothes. My daily walk was like a beautiful dream - spring flowers everywhere and the hagberries leaves are starting to show. For the fourth day in a row, I felt no pain in my knee. I'll skip the knee support tomorrow:thumbs:

Looking through my Camera Roll I can see that I've almost taken a day off when it comes to photographing. I've been busy being lazy :rolleyes:

native cam, edits in LR

CD853B78-03E3-4D56-8921-E6AFC967AFBE.jpeg

Day 129 - May 9th - Today’s hero :) :thumbs:

As my DH was ”spring cleaning” the plastic pool he found this poor bumblebee swimming around looking quite desperate.
We put it to dry up on the porch floor and after a while, it flew away happily

native cam, edits in LR and Snapseed

IMG_8572.png

native cam. edits LR

IMG_0685_jpg.jpeg

Day 128 - May 8th - After workout coffee :cool:

And then there was finally warmth :) I have enjoyed this day so much. After such a long wait we could ve almost taken a day off when it comes to photographing. I've been busy being lazy :rolleyes:
Such beautiful weather deserves to be savoured !

Day 130 - May 10th - An army of lily-of-the-valleys is on its’ way :)

Except for a morning walk we’ve spent the whole day waiting for a plumber, who in the end never arrived. His next bid is early tomorrow morning. One would think I would have had plenty of time for taking photos in this lovely weather, but I’ve been like ”paralyzed” by the waiting.

Took two photos on my walk. This is one of them - the other one got blurry but not as nice as a ICM pic :D

I call the first signs of lily-of-the-valleys liljekonvaljespjut (spjut is spears). This photo is somewhat unique because of the yellow tussilago / coltsfoot vaguely visible in the background. The normal thing is taht the tussilago fades away some weeks before the spears show up.

Quick edit in Snapseed

IMG_8584.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 131 - May 11th - Reflections

Kingcups/marsh marigold / caltha palustris have started to bloom around our little pond.

IMG_0752.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 132 - May 12th - Reuse

I have no idea how many years have passed since our old TV antenna was in use for its’ original purpose. Could be 20. But it’s a popular hangout for birds - especially the barn swallows love it.
I’m glad we didn’t take the antenna down. This is reuse / recycling at its’ best

native cam, edits in LR and Photomator

10D53F03-2EB0-48CE-992C-99172A5D18DE.jpeg

Day 132 - May 12th - Reuse

I have no idea how many years have passed since our old TV antenna was in use for its’ original purpose. Could be 20. But it’s a popular hangout for birds - especially the barn swallows love it.
I’m glad we didn’t take the antenna down. This is reuse / recycling at its’ best

native cam, edits in LR and Photomator

View attachment 192483
That’s a fine reason to keep it!

Back
Top Bottom