Mobi365 Ubbyisis Project 365 2023

Day 112 - April 22nd - Summer day before the pissväder comes in

Magical summer weather today. We took a shorter walk than usual and spent the rest of the day just doing nothing but enjoying this lovely day.
We totally agree with Ferdinand the Bull when he says ”All I want to do is to sit and smell the flowers!”
It's pure luxury to have wildflowers in your own garden. In fact, our garden isn't very garden-like. Most of it is just natural ground.
edits in Snapseed
View attachment 191940

Ferdinand the Bull, aka my DH, spending the day without big projects. Edits in Snapseed and iColorama.

View attachment 191939

Ferdinand! One of my favorites!!!!

Ferdinand! One of my favorites!!!!
Did you know that the film was forbidden in Spain and Germany at that time? In Spain it was forbidden until 1975, when Franco finally died. Me too love Ferdinand. It’s been sent on Swedish TV every Christmas since the year I was born.

Day 113 - April 22nd - Why don’t I ever learn :thinking::rolleyes:

Whatever I do, good things as well as bad things, I tend to go overboard. My latest ”accomplishment” is an aching knee. I’ve felt the pain escalate the last week. Bought a knee protector today. I guess I should take shorter walks. That’s not so easy for me as one might think though :) I hope this is not ”contagious” - it’s my left knee that hurts, just as for you Paul psmoore

Espresso works great too, I’ve had even more than usual today :coffee::D Edits in Snapseed

IMG_8300.png

Interesting knee selfie :) Edited in Snapseed

IMG_8301.png

Did you know that the film was forbidden in Spain and Germany at that time? In Spain it was forbidden until 1975, when Franco finally died. Me too love Ferdinand. It’s been sent on Swedish TV every Christmas since the year I was born.
Banned? Why on earth would someone ban Ferdinand?

Day 113 - April 22nd - Why don’t I ever learn :thinking::rolleyes:

Whatever I do, good things as well as bad things, I tend to go overboard. My latest ”accomplishment” is an aching knee. I’ve felt the pain escalate the last week. Bought a knee protector today. I guess I should take shorter walks. That’s not so easy for me as one might think though :) I hope this is not ”contagious” - it’s my left knee that hurts, just as for you Paul psmoore

Espresso works great too, I’ve had even more than usual today :coffee::D Edits in Snapseed

View attachment 191956

Interesting knee selfie :) Edited in Snapseed

View attachment 191957
And it was my left knee I had to replace. Perhaps it is contagious. :lmao:

Banned? Why on earth would someone ban Ferdinand?
It was because the fascists/nazis considered the film as ”peace tribute”. I guess it was also. Fredinand didn’t want to fight with the other bulls - just wanted to sit under the oak tree and smell the flowers The film was made in 1938

Last edited:
And it was my left knee I had to replace. Perhaps it is contagious. :lmao:
How peculiar. Mobile Photographer's Left Knee Syndrome. Just came home from a painful walk. I'd better stay at home for a couple of days. If I can do so without going nuts :thinking:

Day 114 - April 24th - Testing all sorts of treatments :)

I couldn’t resist the temptation to take a walk also today. I so much wanted to show the evil weather gods that they can’t stop me. 3 degrees and wind from the north :confused: Let's just say my knee didn't like it.
Tested an ancient treatment that a friend told me about yesterday. Freshly ironed big white cabbage leaves. Perhaps it was just that I was resting, but fact is I felt better after 45 minutes in Linus old room with cabbage on my knee and rainforest sounds in my earbuds :rolleyes:

Edits in Lightroom and PicTapGo

PicTapGo-2023-04-24-185331.jpeg

PicTapGo-2023-04-24-185135.jpeg

I couldn’t resist the temptation to take a walk also today. I so much wanted to show the evil weather gods that they can’t stop me. 3 degrees and wind from the north :confused: Let's just say my knee didn't like it.
Tested an ancient treatment that a friend told me about yesterday. Freshly ironed big white cabbage leaves. Perhaps it was just that I was resting, but fact is I felt better after 45 minutes in Linus old room with cabbage on my knee and rainforest sounds in my earbuds :rolleyes:

View attachment 191990

View attachment 191991
It does sound a little crazy, but many times those old remedies are based on results. I’l bet the cabbage was warm and big enough to cover your whole knee easily. There are tons of good for you stuff in it. And your veggie for supper was all ready!!

View attachment 191990

View attachment 191991
You might try wearing a knee support on your other knee as well. I had two knee surgeries (years ago) and the hardest thing with a sore inflamed knee joint is to stay balanced and walk normally, without favoring one side or the other. But if you don't, it throws your body off and things can get worse.

You might try wearing a knee support on your other knee as well. I had two knee surgeries (years ago) and the hardest thing with a sore inflamed knee joint is to stay balanced and walk normally, without favoring one side or the other. But if you don't, it throws your body off and things can get worse.
Thanks Ted :thumbs: I was thinking of that right now after having sneaked out for a walk, despite my intentions to rest. I noticed I did a "silly walk":rolleyes: Now added one more knee support to the shopping list:)

It does sound a little crazy, but many times those old remedies are based on results. I’l bet the cabbage was warm and big enough to cover your whole knee easily. There are tons of good for you stuff in it. And your veggie for supper was all ready!!
I don't think it's crazy at all. People in ancient cultures were smarter than us lazy robots I guess. And a lot of industrially made medications are synthesized versions of the real stuff. And Big Pharma rules the doctors.
As for cabbage, I read it was used in this way in ancient Egypt.
As for my soup: it would have been perfect in my "life-before-stoma-surgery". Most veggies don't work for me. Anything rich in fibres is no-no. Squash works fine. I don't know why - I just enjoy them :drool: Especially in late summer when we eat our own squash fresh from the garden.

Day 115 - April 25th - Cold rain and pain :confused:

Totally uninspired

Edit in Pic-Tap-Go to add the POS lens touch. I have no idea what POS stands for but I like the effect. It’s in the category Lens Play in PTG

PicTapGo-2023-04-25-170316.jpeg

original:

IMG_0303.jpeg

Ted is right, After struggling with knee pain for several years, I had what I called my “penguin strut”. Two years after the replacement I’m still relearning balance. You wind up knocking all sorts of things out of whack.

I don't think it's crazy at all. People in ancient cultures were smarter than us lazy robots I guess. And a lot of industrially made medications are synthesized versions of the real stuff. And Big Pharma rules the doctors.
As for cabbage, I read it was used in this way in ancient Egypt.
As for my soup: it would have been perfect in my "life-before-stoma-surgery". Most veggies don't work for me. Anything rich in fibres is no-no. Squash works fine. I don't know why - I just enjoy them :drool: Especially in late summer when we eat our own squash fresh from the garden.
I’ve been learning Qigong, an ancient Chinese sort of exercise. It’s to work on my balance. I’m told in modern day China these exercises are used along side modern medicine, I totally buy into ancient medicine. Even folk medicine. A friend of my used to swear by this “double boiled rutabaga salve”. Since my arthritis started, I’ve searched the internet in hopes of finding some old recipe[e for it.

I’ve been learning Qigong, an ancient Chinese sort of exercise. It’s to work on my balance. I’m told in modern day China these exercises are used along side modern medicine, I totally buy into ancient medicine. Even folk medicine. A friend of my used to swear by this “double boiled rutabaga salve”. Since my arthritis started, I’ve searched the internet in hopes of finding some old recipe[e for it.
Qigong is popular here. I tried it some years ago while I was still working, as a part of a ”anti-stress-program” offered by my employer. I remember that I found it difficult to imitate the instructor. My balance wasn’t good enough back in those days either.
I asked my husband if had seen any recipe for kålrotssalva / rutabaga salve. But no. The closest he got is his spruce resin balm which can be used for skin wounds. Works great.
Seems that rutabaga also has been used as cough medicine.

Probably as good a way as any to use a rutabaga.

Day 117 - April 27th - Dramatic sky by the lake

We took a short evening trip up to the nearby lake. My husband was asked to do some voluntary work up there. Looking after the boat and clearing up from litter for ex.

Can you spot him in this photo :thinking: :cool:Shot with native cam and edited in Lightroom

IMG_0365.jpeg

original:
IMG_0365.jpeg

Day 118 - April 28th - Capricious weather

Like a school book example of ”aprilväder” (sudden swings between rain, snow and sunshine.) today. Also today I should say. We're so done with this crappy spring. Getting wet snow hail in your face 5 minutes after you stepped out into the sunshine is not nice at all. And my knee isn't getting better.

Shot with Procam app, manual focus mode. Edites in LR. It appeared the drops weren't as sharp in the photo as I thought. I finished up the edit with Style/Edges in iColorama which helped a bit

IMG_8353.jpeg

Day 119 - April 29th - Change of plans, for the better :inlove:

Linus wasn’t supposed to come over this weekend. But the staff had such boring plans so DH went to town to rescue him ;) Nice surprise for Linus. And I’m happy too. I don’t feel well at all so I can need some hugs and smiles from Mr Sunshine.

Shot with native cam, edits in LR, I did a B/W as the orig was all blue because of one of Linus’ lamps :rolleyes:

IMG_0405_jpg.jpeg

Oilbrush version just for fun. Got inspired by Ted terse and Jerry juryjone in Jerry’s thread

Oilbrush-2023-04-29-18-34-45.jpeg

original:

IMG_0405.jpeg

Day 119 - April 29th - Change of plans, for the better :inlove:

Linus wasn’t supposed to come over this weekend. But the staff had such boring plans so DH went to town to rescue him ;) Nice surprise for Linus. And I’m happy too. I don’t feel well at all so I can need some hugs and smiles from Mr Sunshine.

Shot with native cam, edits in LR, I did a B/W as the orig was all blue because of one of Linus’ lamps :rolleyes:

View attachment 192115

Oilbrush version just for fun. Got inspired by Ted terse and Jerry juryjone in Jerry’s thread

View attachment 192116

original:

View attachment 192117
Sorry to hear about the knee. You’re using RICE, right? Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. (Compression never worked for me, made it hurt worse….

Glad Linus was able to come and shine on your day!

Sorry to hear about the knee. You’re using RICE, right? Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. (Compression never worked for me, made it hurt worse….

Glad Linus was able to come and shine on your day!
This far I have practiced RCCE: Rest, Cabbage leaves, Compression and Elevation. And the compression thing resulted in cramps in my calves. I think I must do more of the R thing. Today I restricted myself to a super short walk - 1040 meters. At least I got out long enough to discover that the snow sticks are gone. Must have been done this morning. That's about the most exciting thing for me today :alien:

IMG_0431_V2F_2023-04-30_14-31-47_867.jpeg

Day 120 - April 30th - Greeting the spring in the Uppsala University way

In short, the head of the university and other "celebrities" get out on the big balcony waving their student caps and put them on their heads at 15:00:00 after a super long countdown. The simple humans below do the same. Nowadays not many student caps though.

The whole town is like a huge carnival, lots of fun, but also bad stuff that happens when people drink too much.

I haven't participated for many years because of my health issues, but my husband and Linus were there. Heavenly for Linus.

The spring greeting - bad photo shot with DHs iPhone 11. I've messed around with it as you can see :rolleyes:

Oilbrush-2023-04-30-19-47-01.jpeg

What the balcony gang sees - edits LR

IMG_8415.png

happy man with ordinary cap and his not-so-ordinary glasses :inlove:

IMG_5196_V2F_2023-04-30_13-49-13_243.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom