What are you watching?

Oh no Jeffrey, poor you. Get well soon. The Stranger looks very interesting. I’m going to watch one and see if I like it. :thumbs:
Thank you Jill. I’ve never had flue before so I was caught off guard. Even after six days now I’m still a little wobbly ;)
You shouldn’t leave the room while the show is on...

Thank you Jill. I’ve never had flue before so I was caught off guard. Even after six days now I’m still a little wobbly ;)
It’s a horrible thing. Some people think they’ve had flu when they’ve just had a cold, but once you’ve actually had it, you can tell the difference.

Just curious, has anyone watched 'Midsommar' the film?
Watched it the other night and was blown away. Its not for the faint hearted though, does nothing for the Swedish Tourist Industry !

Wow.... popping in here to see the latest post, and this jumped out at me. So weird to see it now in a COVID world. I’m guessing it’s highly likely that your flu was no ordinary one! :flushed:

Just curious, has anyone watched 'Midsommar' the film?
Watched it the other night and was blown away. Its not for the faint hearted though, does nothing for the Swedish Tourist Industry !
Oooh no, but I love those Scandi horrors. Was it on Netflix?
After sinnerjohn mentioned it, I looked it up. It seems to be on Prime Video.
I've added it to my queue, but sinnerjohn John, is it gory? Or just suspenseful? I'm nervous to watch it.... I don't like slasher/gore stuff. :alien: :grin:

I've added it to my queue, but sinnerjohn John, is it gory? Or just suspenseful? I'm nervous to watch it.... I don't like slasher/gore stuff. :alien: :grin:
Hmmm, not for the squeamish Catherine, there are a few pretty brutal scenes, although its not a slasher style movie. Its like a Swedish take on the old Wicker Man story, ancient beliefs still carried on in a remote community type thing. I'd take it off your list unless you feel very brave ;)

Hmmm, not for the squeamish Catherine, there are a few pretty brutal scenes, although its not a slasher style movie. Its like a Swedish take on the old Wicker Man story, ancient beliefs still carried on in a remote community type thing. I'd take it off your list unless you feel very brave ;)
I was going to say Wicker Man, but with more gore.

Thank you for that... I won't be watching it. :grimacing:

I can read it, no problem (a la Stephen King) but never been able to watch it. I've never seen any of the Halloween movies, or the Scream movies, or the Jason movies... and just the thought of those Saw movies makes me want to :barf:.
Talking of Mr King, have you read the 'Institute' yet. I'm around 3/4 of the way through and I have to say that he's surprised me yet again, classic SK, just hope he doesn't fluff the ending :lol:

Talking of Mr King, have you read the 'Institute' yet. I'm around 3/4 of the way through and I have to say that he's surprised me yet again, classic SK, just hope he doesn't fluff the ending :lol:
No!! I’ll have to get on that! :thumbs:

The best thing I've seen this year by far is Giri/Haji. It's a BBC and Netflix collaboration and is filmed in English and Japanese with subtitles. It's at the same time a family drama, a romance and a cop/gangland thriller and it's just beautiful and moving. Wont be to everyones taste, I know someone who wanted a finish with less loose ends and fewer grey areas but for my money, that's part of it's charm.

stand out TV programmes that easily gets in my top ten, has got me to get off my comfy sofa, come and write it up here and spread the love.

I’ve watched 3 episodes over last few days. Grabbed by the first beautifully cut scene, and the plot, script etc is the same kind of low-key elegant. Thanks for the tip. Just the one season? Cool. Just when it looked like every halfway-decent production had to become Coronation Street :lmao:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom