What are you watching?

Erm............are you watching the right show? Two androids are placed in charge of saving the human race after a cataclysmic war on earth, by raising children birthed by the female android who's been carrying their embryos thousands of miles across the galaxy :rolleyes:
It ain't Ridley but I enjoyed I am Mother, a movie with a similar plot:

I just finished The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix. Soooooooo good!! (The costumes and sets alone are worth the watch.)

I didn't finish the first season. It didn't pull me along. What is it for you that you liked?
First, the cinematic mood and costumes/sets totally drew me in... the travel between worlds/alternate universes/time travel are right up my alley, the mystery, and I thought the writing and acting were really good. I was gripped from the get-go.

A couple of stand up recordings to recommend:
Hannah Gadsby - Nanette
Ali Wong - Hard knock wife
Both brilliant, challenging and, of course, nsfw.

I didn't finish the first season. It didn't pull me along. What is it for you that you liked?
Still not watched season 2 of The dark and I have to say its not pulling me either. I just find it so oppressive, like I can't breathe while watching it. Something weird about that series.

For me 'The Boys' has been a recent joy. Sure it's stupidly comic book violent and the language is not for everyone, but the idea that superheros can actually be flawed and in some cases quite bad people really amused me.

We watched, translate binged, Roadkill on Amazon Prime recently. It’s a pretty good political tale, set in England, thanks to Hugh Laurie and an equally splendid cast.

Don’t watch that much TV, more of a reader but one great show, probably the best I’ve seen this year was “Why Woman Kill” which was screened on our Aussie multicultural, government bankrolled SBS. Great acting and for once an original story line

Breaking Bad is still on Netflix, you have to do a search for it, but I think I’ll rewatch it while I can. It’s definitely good enough to warrant another watch. Brian Cranston is fantastic in this!
Grace & Frankie is brilliant and sooooo funny! It’s 7th and final season is coming in 2021 and I rewatch (binge watch) the whole series just before the next season comes out.
Schitt’s Creek is delightfully funny.
Seinfeld and Will & Grace were favorites for me after they hit the late night tv circuit.

My faves include:
Grimm - I finish the series, then go back to the beginning and cycle through again...it is on in the background while I work....as are
Criminal Minds
NCIS
Burn Notice
Gilmore Girls
Frasier is what I watch on my phone every night when I go to bed to undo the day...it is light, comedic, and tastefully done...it makes for pleasant dreams.

then for fun, but I have to actually look up because I don’t have them memorized yet are:
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Covert Affairs
Goliath
Good Girls
Jack Ryan (waiting...waiting....for the new season....)
Dead to Me - is bloody brilliant (awaiting the new season)
White Collar - tasteful & entertaining and soooo easy on the eyes
Madam Secretary
Longmire
Jane the Virgin was a fun once through, I’m not sure if I’ll rewatch it but I don’t regret the time spent on it.
Killing Eve (geesh! I almost forgot to add it)

I love way too much television and don’t get me started on movies! I’m about to start “Ripper” and am waiting for Hulu to bring the next season of The Handmaid’s Tale....I’ll resubscribe to Hulu when that’s available next.

Wife just went out with the girls for a Christmas wing-ding so I’ve just sat up with a coldy (beer) a pizza (pepperoni ) and watching “Officer And A Gentleman” with Richard Gere and Debra Winger... forgot how good it was and how old I am. Made in 1982

Breaking Bad is still on Netflix, you have to do a search for it, but I think I’ll rewatch it while I can. It’s definitely good enough to warrant another watch. Brian Cranston is fantastic in this!
Grace & Frankie is brilliant and sooooo funny! It’s 7th and final season is coming in 2021 and I rewatch (binge watch) the whole series just before the next season comes out.
Schitt’s Creek is delightfully funny.
Seinfeld and Will & Grace were favorites for me after they hit the late night tv circuit.
Love all of these shows. Breaking Bad is on my list to watch again - Cranston was BRILLIANT, as was Aaron Paul.

I’ll be sad when Grace & Frankie ends... such a wonderful show. I’ll rewatch all the seasons for sure.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
YES!!!! Still waiting for the next season!
Jane the Virgin was a fun once through, I’m not sure if I’ll rewatch it but I don’t regret the time spent on it.
Killing Eve (geesh! I almost forgot to add it)
Loved Jane!! I thought it was sooooo cleverly done. And how I ❤️ Rogelio!

Killing Eve is probably one of the best shows I’ve ever watched. Hurry up next season!!!

Dead to Me - is bloody brilliant (awaiting the new season)
Love Love Love this show!! I hope they come back for another season!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom