Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

OK - at long last, I'm chipping away at my backlog of D&M photos...

Hooray for Hollywood!

We're Ready for Our Close-up, Mr. DeMille
Paramount Pictures
LRM_EXPORT_20160722_142316.jpg

Enlight/MaxCurve

Paramount is my favorite studio lot and probably the most "Old Hollywood". This is not *the* famous gate you see in movies, but the next one over. *The* gate is past the security kiosk and I didn't think they'd consider "taking pictures of plastic sheep" official studio business.

Trivia Time! Who gets the reference?

LRM_EXPORT_20160722_142434.jpg

Snapseed

Can I also just say that this is one of the few places in the world where a woman sitting on the sidewalk, photographing plastic sheep goes entirely unremarked? It's probably one of the least weird things one encounters on Hollywood Blvd.

Here's Looking at Ewe, Kid
Graumann's Chinese Theater

LRM_EXPORT_20160722_144324.jpg

Polarr

Did I mention I can't resist a pun? Only managed to get one semi-decent shot here. I have never seen the courtyard so crowded, especially on a weekday. Plus, Star Trek Beyond had a big photo op backdrop set up smack dab in the middle of everything, so I couldn't get a shot of the theater, itself.

Ran out of time and had to head to rehearsal, so I didn't make it to my favorite spot to take a picture of the real Hollywood sign (you have to go through the Bat Cave to get there). We had to make due with a souvenir magnet and a little Hollywood (well, Apple, really) magic...

LRM_EXPORT_20160722_142505.jpg

Skylab/Lens Distortions/Snapseed

No vacation is complete without postcards...

LRM_EXPORT_20160722_142454.jpg

MaxCurve

Still have some images to process from the Central Coast Renaissance Festival, last weekend. I'll most likely be sending the girls along to Ann early next week, as soon as I can get organized!

*The* gate is past the security kiosk and I didn't think they'd consider "taking pictures of plastic sheep" official studio business.
ROTFLMAO!!!
This is wonderful! The perfect edit to give it the Old Hollywood *feel*.... and Dolly's sunglasses don't hurt either!! :D

Can I also just say that this is one of the few places in the world where a woman sitting on the sidewalk, photographing plastic sheep goes entirely unremarked? It's probably one of the least weird things one encounters on Hollywood Blvd.
New York City too.... :lol:

She Loves Ewe, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

View attachment 79996
Snapseed

Happened upon John Lennon's star and couldn't resist a pun.
:inlove:

View attachment 79997
Polarr

Did I mention I can't resist a pun? Only managed to get one semi-decent shot here. I have never seen the courtyard so crowded, especially on a weekday. Plus, Star Trek Beyond had a big photo op backdrop set up smack dab in the middle of everything, so I couldn't get a shot of the theater, itself.
I am hugely impressed at the shots you were able to make!!! :notworthy: Dolly and Molly must have had a blast!!

Ran out of time and had to head to rehearsal, so I didn't make it to my favorite spot to take a picture of the real Hollywood sign (you have to go through the Bat Cave to get there). We had to make due with a souvenir magnet and a little Hollywood (well, Apple, really) magic...

View attachment 79998
Skylab/Lens Distortions/Snapseed
No vacation is complete without postcards...

View attachment 79999
MaxCurve

Still have some images to process from the Central Coast Renaissance Festival, last weekend. I'll most likely be sending the girls along to Ann early next week, as soon as I can get organized!
Fabulous... :D

View attachment 79997
Polarr

I had been very fine with the ladies before a Star Trek wall. [emoji7]
But Bogey is okay, too. [emoji23]

*Clap the Palm of my hand on my forehead* should have googled it. [emoji1] only know Barbra Streisand did a great job in it. [emoji23]

Streisand's star would have been my backup, since she was in the movie. I've always thought of Carol Channing as Dolly, though, since it's her most well-known role on Broadway. When I hear the song in my head, it's always Channing's voice.

Streisand's star would have been my backup, since she was in the movie. I've always thought of Carol Channing as Dolly, though, since it's her most well-known role on Broadway. When I hear the song in my head, it's always Channing's voice.

Oh, I see, she wasn't in the movie! Oh so I doubt she's known in Germany for that part. I so much love real stage plays, but if they'd play Hello Dolly here it might be with German actors. [emoji1] well, except for the English theatre. [emoji4]
And how was your rehearsal? Hope I'm allowed to ask.

Oh, I see, she wasn't in the movie! Oh so I doubt she's known in Germany for that part. I so much love real stage plays, but if they'd play Hello Dolly here it might be with German actors. [emoji1] well, except for the English theatre. [emoji4]
And how was your rehearsal? Hope I'm allowed to ask.

Rehearsal was good, thanks! One of my bandmates is moving to Texas in the fall, so the first half was auditions and the second half was actual rehearsal.

Sorry! No - all is well. I've just been sidelined and unorganized. I'm going to try to get the girls in the mail before I head out of town, tomorrow. Otherwise, I will definitely send them on their way early next week!

Sorry to delay the tour!
No worries... I'm sure the gals are happy chilling at your place and getting ready for their big trip overseas!! :D

Dolly's Itinerary
  1. RoseCat Cat, New Jersey
  2. dscheff Jeffrey, Georgia
  3. MsDee, St. Petersburg, Florida
  4. deepop David, Northampton, Massachusetts
  5. lamkentucky Leslee, Kentucky
  6. ValeriGail Valeri, Texas
  7. lisamjw Lisa, Texas
  8. CurMichFar Curt, Winnipeg, MB
  9. lkbside Leslie, Santa Fe, New Mexico
  10. mwolfer Mel, Oregon
  11. terse Ted, Santa Cruz, California
  12. FotoLumos Tara, San Bernadino, California
  13. ImageArt Ann, Hong Kong
  14. Jasongag, Australia
  15. Aaron Davis, Australia
  16. GroovyGouvy Germany
  17. JillyG Jilly, England
  18. sinnerjohn John, England
Dolly and Molly had an absolutely FAB time visiting Tara in Southern California. They took to the hot summer weather pretty easily (despite their warm coats) and celebrated the Fourth of July. Lots of fun and laughs were had with Tara's band, they cruised Route 66 and discovered true Americana, and were made to feel like celebrities as they strolled around Hollywood.

They are super excited to move their journey to another continent as their next stop is Hong Kong with ImageArt Ann!! :mobibabe:

Check out her Gallery of photos here: https://www.mobitog.com/gallery/albums/where-in-the-world-is-dolly.364/

Back
Top Bottom