Embracing Britishness: biscuits

Cookies: How do you like yours?

• Total voters
That will be because you have British friends :thumbs: I would not be surprised if you also knew ‘High Tea’ :mobibabe:
Actually, I was "scone informed" even before knowing my lovely Brit friends, and yes indeed a huge fan of High Tea (in my '20s/'30s no less). :mobibabe: I've been to pretty much every High Tea in New York City (usually the big hotels have them, Waldorf, Pierre, etc), plus Victoria, BC Canada (that one was sooooo lovely).

Up in Mentone, Alabama there is the Wildflower Cafe where one can enjoy Polenta and Shrimp. Totally delicious. They also make a baked tomato pie that is to die for :) http://www.mentonewildflower.com/

Inspired by you Jeffrey, I made a baked tomato pie. I wasn’t sure what it would be like because there’s cheddar, mozarella and mayonnaise :confused: in the topping. But it’s delish! I didn’t use pastry as the base, but sliced potato. Then tomatoes that had been salted and left to drip, basil and spring onions chopped and then the cheesy mayonnaisey mix and Bob’s your jolly old!

591A3104-5934-4AED-8C0E-203EC401E796.jpeg

Inspired by you Jeffrey, I made a baked tomato pie. I wasn’t sure what it would be like because there’s cheddar, mozarella and mayonnaise :confused: in the topping. But it’s delish! I didn’t use pastry as the base, but sliced potato. Then tomatoes that had been salted and left to drip, basil and spring onions chopped and then the cheesy mayonnaisey mix and Bob’s your jolly old!

View attachment 116945
That looks delicious!

View attachment 116945
I'll be right over :D:p

View attachment 116945
YUM

Back
Top Bottom