FotoDa Gallery

By the way, thanks for alphabetizing the albums when listing them. Too many apps use some sort of arbitrary order that I can never keep track of.

yes! FotoDa please note!

I’m yet to find any rhyme or reason to Apple‘s listing of albums, and I am constantly frustrated by the difficulty I have keeping track of them all.

Point is, kudos to FotoDa for the alphabetical list ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

D841D4BE-8995-42B6-947B-3F4D56E3E2A6.jpeg

Lightened & cropped in native editor. And, like most of my images, originals are apped collages.

Like Jilly, I have over 40K photos. I realize you can point FotoDa to a particular album, but that stifles the discovery aspect. Right now, it works fast enough on my iPad Pro, but is getting too slow to use on my iPhone 6S+. But it remains an app I like to use, often.

By the way, thanks for alphabetizing the albums when listing them. Too many apps use some sort of arbitrary order that I can never keep track of.

Interesting - since only that one user ever brought it up I never looked that deeply into the issue - I have some ideas about how to fix the issue :D Will re-add it to my todo list.

View attachment 153661

the next ‘spin of the wheel‘ used one of the same images.

FotoDa Zevan, how many images does FotoDa draw on? I think I recognise four in the above image. Other times I think it’s just two.

(We’d love a brief tutorial on FotoDa’s workings ! )

It randomly decides how many images to use each time. The minimum is 2. The max is 7 for icloud and 9 for non-icloud... when it's running from icloud it has to load the image which makes it slower, so I took the number down a tad. If its pulling from icloud it has does a lower resolution for the same reason.

I will create a tutorial with the next release - I've had a few requests recently. It used to be that the app had so few features I figured no tutorial needed, now its getting to where it needs one :D

I zoned out while I waited for FotoDa to open and, eventually, it did. I produced this and saved it and remembered that that’s another thing FotoDa does on my iPad - it freezes after I’ve saved an image and I have to close it and start all over again. You can see why I’ve given up trying. :rolleyes:

9201B1AD-9DD9-4DB1-9F0A-E3C954A1C4EE.jpeg

I zoned out while I waited for FotoDa to open and, eventually, it did. I produced this and saved it and remembered that that’s another thing FotoDa does on my iPad - it freezes after I’ve saved an image and I have to close it and start all over again. You can see why I’ve given up trying. :rolleyes:

View attachment 153649
C'mon Jilly, Jen will love this ;)

far out — did you have a random hand image in your cache? The patterns layered on to it look like cave painting meets Miro :inlove:
Somewhere downtown there's a "helping hands" mural on the side of a building with two sets of giant hands. The fingerpainting image I posted earlier in the thread has hands from the same mural.

EDIT: And don't try to tell me that anyone here could walk by such a mural without taking a photo and thinking "I can probably use that somewhere." :smileycat:

Last edited:

View attachment 153649
My iPad doesn’t quite freeze after saving an image, but it does take a minute or two to restart the spiraling. I’ve taken to reading and keeping my iPad in my lap and tapping it every so often - I can see in my peripheral vision if the spiral starts up again. Occasionally I’ll have to restart the app like you do. I do have to say the app is somewhat wonky on my iPad; it works better on my iPhone XS.

This app is pretty addicting and I don’t even know how to use it....

shots are from Arcosanti in Arizona. Just added the auto enhancement in photos app to enhance the colors a bit.

even run through FotoDa these are obviously ‘Leslie’ images :hearteyecat: Did you direct FotoDa to a particular folder or just let it have at your whole cache?

View attachment 153649

JillyG That pic looks great. What kind of iPad do you have? Would be good to know to isolate the issue :D

just flagging your q for FotoDa Zevan
(and I imagine we’ll be holding our breath for his response :))

So there are two ways that FotoDa can size images as they come in.
1. Try to fit the image to the screen... usually just sizes it down and makes sure no edges go off the screen
2. Size the image horizontally to fit the width of the screen (aka Segments)... usually fills part of the screen only when the aspect ratio of the images is different than the screen of your device.

A few users called it "Segments" (which is where the name came from) and asked for a way to turn it off - so at some point last year I added it. Most users leave Segments off. Every now and then Segments look really nice, quite Rauschenberg-esque, so I kept as a toggle button.

Now the confusing part. IOS 13 has a bug that causes images to come in at all kinds of weird sizes - this makes it seem like Segments are always on. It was such an annoying bug that I kind of got turned off from doing anything with FotoDa for awhile. Sadly apple is constantly breaking apps with IOS updates. At some point in the last few months I created a fix but have not gotten around to releasing yet - it will come this month at some point.

Back
Top Bottom