FotoDa Gallery

Underdog :)

CF360E00-1E08-4604-B838-7FB5EAB9F7CB.png

plain images no alterations before or after.

quite Rauschenberg-esque

Quick Google (what I know about art could fit on a pin, without displacing the angels :))

. . . Wow. one of the major ground breakers of 20C art. Amazing to think how his style would have hit the post-war period.

as an aside: So many collage (‘assemblages’) artists in the 50’s. I didn’t know. So much to learn. its good to be alive in the time of Google :hearteyecat:

I zoned out while I waited for FotoDa to open and, eventually, it did. I produced this and saved it and remembered that that’s another thing FotoDa does on my iPad - it freezes after I’ve saved an image and I have to close it and start all over again. You can see why I’ve given up trying. :rolleyes:

View attachment 153649
Awesome result though!

So there are two ways that FotoDa can size images as they come in.
1. Try to fit the image to the screen... usually just sizes it down and makes sure no edges go off the screen
2. Size the image horizontally to fit the width of the screen (aka Segments)... usually fills part of the screen only when the aspect ratio of the images is different than the screen of your device.

A few users called it "Segments" (which is where the name came from) and asked for a way to turn it off - so at some point last year I added it. Most users leave Segments off. Every now and then Segments look really nice, quite Rauschenberg-esque, so I kept as a toggle button.

Now the confusing part. IOS 13 has a bug that causes images to come in at all kinds of weird sizes - this makes it seem like Segments are always on. It was such an annoying bug that I kind of got turned off from doing anything with FotoDa for awhile. Sadly apple is constantly breaking apps with IOS updates. At some point in the last few months I created a fix but have not gotten around to releasing yet - it will come this month at some point.
I honestly don’t like iOS13. Is it really necessary to make so many changes to standard apps that were absolutely fine before and have to be learnt all over again. Wish I hadn’t upgraded my iPad Pro.

I sympathise with you and the worst is that developers stop maintaining great apps and they are lost forever.

Couple of ones today mostly from recent Oz pics

Tuned this a bit in Snapseed. Gulls were from a shop window display.
02C9226C-9017-4321-B066-B89FB1A67B8E.jpeg

Also tuned slightly in Snapseed. Main photo is from the Valley of the Giants in Pemberton, Western Australia
7516332C-CDD7-4460-A73E-409AD0027F27.jpeg

No additional edits
3FA70445-F393-4301-B5E3-98B7FCE82432.png

It does. The key is segments on/off. But the pictures are better with segmenting on. :) otherwise it takes the pictures full size (on mine mostly 3:4) and puts it somewhere on the towel size page. This way you always have rectangles on you picture. I didn’t like it. :)
I’ve tried it both ways and now leave the segments on. I like the way the sections are and use multiple crops from the same image.

I honestly don’t like iOS13. Is it really necessary to make so many changes to standard apps that were absolutely fine before and have to be learnt all over again. Wish I hadn’t upgraded my iPad Pro.

I sympathise with you and the worst is that developers stop maintaining great apps and they are lost forever.

Thanks - this makes me feel better about it. Seeing all this cool stuff in this thread is inspiring me to want to keep FotoDa alive :D and plow through the terror that is IOS 13

Back
Top Bottom