Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

17th February - Tulip - High Key Style
As it was very windy today and not good for photographing flowers which is what I'd planned to do, decided to play around with one of the images from a couple of days ago and create a High Key image. Liked the way the patterning shows on the petal more than usual with a colour image.
View attachment 189888
Wow, this is lovely.

18th February - Cone Close-Up
Took this with the new iPhone 14 pro with the 3x lens then changed the background in Lightroom.

97DD7305-4962-419B-8A6A-B95149E9B058.jpeg

19th February - King Alfred's Cakes
Spotted today on an old Beech tree this large black fungus. Had seen it before, but never so large. Looked it up on the app and it's called 'King Alfred's Cakes.' According to the Woodland Trust this is how it got the name.
[King Alfred lived in the 9th century when parts of Britain had been overrun by Vikings. Trying to escape them, he took refuge in the home of a peasant woman who asked him to watch over her cakes, baking by the fire. He let them burn and was scolded by the woman for his negligence. It is said that embarrassed and ashamed, he scattered the cakes to get rid of the evidence. As the fungus looks like small, burnt cakes, especially as they get older, the name King Alfred’s cakes went into common use.]

IMG_6337 2.jpg

Spotted today on an old Beech tree this large black fungus. Had seen it before, but never so large. Looked it up on the app and it's called 'King Alfred's Cakes.' According to the Woodland Trust this is how it got the name.
[King Alfred lived in the 9th century when parts of Britain had been overrun by Vikings. Trying to escape them, he took refuge in the home of a peasant woman who asked him to watch over her cakes, baking by the fire. He let them burn and was scolded by the woman for his negligence. It is said that embarrassed and ashamed, he scattered the cakes to get rid of the evidence. As the fungus looks like small, burnt cakes, especially as they get older, the name King Alfred’s cakes went into common use.]

View attachment 189952
And thanks for the history lesson too!

View attachment 189952
Very interesting story :thumbs: I'm a bit ashamed of my ancestors:rolleyes:

26th February - Plying with Painterly
Took this of a red rose which was beginning to die off - liked the shape of the petals but as it was beginning to brown converted to black and white and added a slight painterly effect.

IMG_6373-2.jpg

27th February - On the Road Again
First trip in the motorhome this year. Not far about one and half hours away to Cleethorpes on the North Lincolnshire coast. Very chilly but lovely. We are staying on a working farm so couldn’t resist this - a very friendly lamb in the field by the side of the van.
2609E6BE-53C9-418E-AF05-8315BF6319C6.jpeg

17th February - Tulip - High Key Style
As it was very windy today and not good for photographing flowers which is what I'd planned to do, decided to play around with one of the images from a couple of days ago and create a High Key image. Liked the way the patterning shows on the petal more than usual with a colour image.
View attachment 189888
nominated for IOTM

28th February - Driftwood Sea Monster
Spotted this on the beach at Theddlethorpe near Mablethorpe in Lincolnshire, a piece of driftwood that resembled a sea monster - can you see what I mean?

View attachment 190249
Yes, I can see a monster roaring :) But I can also see a bull with his nose in the sand and one of his horn pointing to the left:D

1st March - Hermit House
Visited another beach today
which is near the Humber estuary. Very quiet and more mud than sand but good for the wildlife. Found this little shack someone had made using all the driftwood and rubbish that had been washed up. Converted to B and W for more effect.
EC9B0E9E-CBBE-4226-BFF9-0262869F950C.jpeg

2nd March - Beach Huts, Mablethorpe
I have taken many pictures of seaside beach huts over the last few years, but these in Mablethorpe have just had a makeover to return them back to the 1930s style of Art Deco which was when they were originally built.
CB845063-D833-43FE-A833-034D2669BE5B.jpeg

2nd March - Beach Huts, Mablethorpe
I have taken many pictures of seaside beach huts over the last few years, but these in Mablethorpe have just had a makeover to return them back to the 1930s style of Art Deco which was when they were originally built.
View attachment 190316
Lovely. Suns in all colours - except yellow :)

Back
Top Bottom