Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

2nd March - Beach Huts, Mablethorpe
I have taken many pictures of seaside beach huts over the last few years, but these in Mablethorpe have just had a makeover to return them back to the 1930s style of Art Deco which was when they were originally built.
View attachment 190316
Do you rent one of those? So you have your own little cabana in the summer?

3rd March - Beach ICM
Taken on Mablethorpe beach today. Tried to highlight the three main shades of sky, waves and sand.
CE9AF522-3D7E-438C-B47C-1EF7FFDBA167.jpg

Nice work! What caused the sky and sand to curve in opposite directions like that?
I did a 4second exposure moving the camera one way then the other horizontally. A trick I saw on a webinar by Charlotte Bellamy who does a lot of ICM

4th March - Leading Lines
Another day, another beach - this one at a place called 'The Kitties' which is on the estuary heading out to the North Sea. Very Cold!!! Liked the contrast of vertical and horizontals from the sea wall and the groyns going out to sea.

IMG_6473.jpg

10th March - So this is Spring 2?
After yesterday, when we had mostly sleet and snow showers most of the day which ended with rain in the evening. It was a bit of a surprise to wake up and open the curtains to this image! Mind you, didn’t last long. By mid afternoon, most had gone and lovely sunshine melted the snow.

75B5ABC6-4955-45BE-B2E9-2815E17D6D2E.jpeg

10th March - So this is Spring 2?
After yesterday, when we had mostly sleet and snow showers most of the day which ended with rain in the evening. It was a bit of a surprise to wake up and open the curtains to this image! Mind you, didn’t last long. By mid afternoon, most had gone and lovely sunshine melted the snow.

View attachment 190605
It is lovely. I little dusting makes everything a little magical.

11th March - It's Grown!
Last month, I added an image showing the lichen and Jelly fungus, but spotted today that despite the cold weather, both have grown quite considerably. Even the fungus is now leeching and dripping onto another branch below so expect to see it develop further.
EAA91AAD-B515-46EE-AD42-D46BDF6ABE51_1_102_o.jpg

12th March - Owthorpe, Grantham Canal
Took a walk along a stretch of the canal we dot often walk along. Much of this part of the canal is not normally under water but with the rain and snow this week there was some water. Quite a bland looking sky so decided to convert the image to black and white to add more dramatic effect.
86B494A4-F726-4FFC-8000-4EE68F1C360D.png

Last edited:
14th March - Shadows
Shadows on the floor from the patio set. Liked the shapes and repeated patterns.

View attachment 190732
I love patterns like these. I was walking by a cafe once and saw some lovely shadow patterns falling on a table by the window, so I snapped a picture. The two people sitting at the table gave me a Look. :D

Back
Top Bottom