Mobi365 Jan Gray 365 Project 2023

16th March - Tulip Study

Took this in the Lightbox. Used a plant sprayer to recreate raindrops. Edited in Lightroom then added border in Snapseed. Quite pleased with the results.
View attachment 190788
Nice… I remember when I was using my SLR I went to a talk by a profession photographer and he mentioned the secret of spraying foliage to get that just rained on look. I was aghast! They cheated! :lmao:

17th March - Chinese lantern
Took this example from a plant in the village. Put it in the Lightbox with a plain black background. Really like the patterning how the flower skeleton ends up.
P1030021.jpg

17th March - Chinese lantern
Took this example from a plant in the village. Put it in the Lightbox with a plain black background. Really like the patterning how the flower skeleton ends up.
View attachment 190832
Good idea. So hard to photograph those when they're on the plant because the background shows through and distracts from the tracery of the veins.

21st March - Time to Say Goodbye
The tulips I've been photographing last week have finally began to die - despite my efforts to keep them going with sugar water! so in a last gesture before the compost bin, decided to take a photo of the sad demise of the flower. Then in the Lightbox and edited in Lightroom.

1D6CD8FE-03AC-4612-850B-C364DC139A23_1_105_c.jpg

The tulips I've been photographing last week have finally began to die - despite my efforts to keep them going with sugar water! so in a last gesture before the compost bin, decided to take a photo of the sad demise of the flower. Then in the Lightbox and edited in Lightroom.

View attachment 190961
Dead, or nearly dead flowers are so beautiful. Just as elderly humans often have more interesting faces than the youngsters :rolleyes:

View attachment 190961
It almost looks as if a glass tulip had broken.

22nd March - Cherry Blossom
A beautiful Spring today for a walk - heard the first Skylark singing this year which was lovely as well. And the cherry blossom is beginning to appear and light up the trees.
DA97C3C1-7FAD-434B-BA6B-7AB46E2BBB50_1_100_o-studio-2.jpg

23rd March - Daffodil Time
I love Daffodils. They really brighten the garden after the winter. Over the last couple of years I have planted some different varieties and this one is called Papillon Blanc. A lovely citrus yellow centre and perfect white outer petals. A favourite with the bumble bees this year. Taken in the Lightbox and edited in Lightroom.

71D5C0AE-7EBC-4A90-90D0-83E12DE040B4_1_201_a.jpg

26th March - Wild Violets

Another sign of spring, but one many never notice as the Tony flowers are so low to the ground and often hidden by the leaves around them. However, if you take a look carefully they are really a very pretty flower, with their petal hanging from very fine, delicate stems.

F5C82067-EE06-4D00-803D-0B043C7FE578_1_102_o.jpg

27th March - Stenwith Tunnel, Woolsthorpe.
As the weather has been awful today. Didn't get out to take a photo, so used one from a little while ago and re-edited using Topaz Studio that have began to play around with. Tried to give the photo an impressionistic effect.

Stenwith Tunnel -Topaz2 abstract.jpg

31st March - Springtime at the Lock
Walk at Woolsthorpe today. Lovely to see the Daffodils and the Forsythia in flower.
9E856652-4ECB-4CFC-9F93-2866DEE76A23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom