Mobitog Health Thread

Agreed
This year we have chillis, potatoes, green beans, courgette, tomatos, cabbage, purpule sprouting broccoli, chard, basil, strawberries, gooseberries, elderflower (for wine) and I'm not sure what else. We're also overhauling the back garden so we can get an eggloo and a few chickens.
View attachment 158524
I've produced about 15 bags of our own organic compost this year so far.
Lockdown has given us the time to really put some effort in the garden. Although to be fair, my other half has done a lot of the work. She's a proper foodie.
View attachment 158525
My first ever jalopeno. :inlove:
View attachment 158526
I wish I wanted to an avid gardener. My sister is like your Missus. A real foodie and she has a fantastic worm composter that seems to eat food! She grows her veggies down the side of her house in old wine barrel halves and I can’t understand why she has no insects. She reckons it’s because the compost is so nutritious and the plants so strong. She often grows her veggies from ’leftovers’ for example, onion tops and she is so knowledgable.

I thought that once you retired you automatically had a desire to garden but it’s never happened to either me or my DH. We love a wonderful garden but we have absolutely no desire to do it ourselves. And we know nothing!

Agreed
This year we have chillis, potatoes, green beans, courgette, tomatos, cabbage, purpule sprouting broccoli, chard, basil, strawberries, gooseberries, elderflower (for wine) and I'm not sure what else. We're also overhauling the back garden so we can get an eggloo and a few chickens.
View attachment 158524
I've produced about 15 bags of our own organic compost this year so far.
Lockdown has given us the time to really put some effort in the garden. Although to be fair, my other half has done a lot of the work. She's a proper foodie.
View attachment 158525
My first ever jalopeno. :inlove:
View attachment 158526
Ooh! Chicken Pics! We’ve always wanted chickens. They're so much fun to watch and listen to.

Update from Small town East Texas...

My county is mostly rural, spans about 1,100 square miles and has a population of around 50,000. Now we are just slightly north of Houston, with many of our residents commuting for work. But... we had been doing really well with low numbers and keeping the curve in our area pretty close to flat. Until recently. People went and lost their minds quickly after lock down was released. Now we are seeing spikes of 5-10 new cases a day when we weren’t even seeing that many in a week. The local FB groups are loaded with posts about the “hoax virus” and why wearing a mask is so detrimental to their we little feelings. We just had some small businesses in the area decide to require masks while in their stores, and the community went nuts. It’s frustrating.

I don’t leave the house much at all. As a family, we are still behaving as if lock down is still in place. We are still social distancing from everyone, including most family. My husband is out and about every day because he works on the front line in grocery distribution. My oldest works at an amazon distribution. (Both of them work for a 3rd party that services the forklifts). There have been several positives at both their sites, and my son was sent home to wait for covid results once already, due to fever. Thankfully he tested negative. I’m considered immune compromised, due to my sucky health, so I’m staying isolated as much as possible. When I do go to town, it’s beyond stressful and that alone knocks me out for days. It’s exhausting.

My niece, who lives in South Texas, tested positive this week. Her boyfriend also. A friend came over to visit them after testing positive. They didn’t know, she didn’t tell anyone. Niece gets sick, friend’s like “oh yeah, by the way..” She has a 3 year old daughter!! So far, she’s negative, thankfully. She lives with my brother, his wife and the grandmother. Now all of them are quarantined.

They’ve set a reopen date for the kids school. August 6th. We only have one high school campus, one middle school campus. It just seems reckless.

Until recently. People went and lost their minds quickly after lock down was released. Now we are seeing spikes of 5-10 new cases a day when we weren’t even seeing that many in a week.
Such a shame... I learned recently that Texas and Florida are now hot spots, and I believe some states are requiring anyone coming in from there to quarantine for two weeks.

My niece, who lives in South Texas, tested positive this week. Her boyfriend also. A friend came over to visit them after testing positive. They didn’t know, she didn’t tell anyone. Niece gets sick, friend’s like “oh yeah, by the way..” She has a 3 year old daughter!! So far, she’s negative, thankfully. She lives with my brother, his wife and the grandmother. Now all of them are quarantined.
OMG... o_O :mad:

Such a shame... I learned recently that Texas and Florida are now hot spots, and I believe some states are requiring anyone coming in from there to quarantine for two weeks.

yep. My husband came to tell me he couldn’t go to New York now. I was like “um, didn’t know you were going” and he responded “im not, but now I want to and I can’t! They locked the state to Texans!” I died laughing. He was just there in like February for work.
they closed the bars again, blaming them for the new spikes. But honestly it’s a little of everything, everywhere. People find the new “rules” inconvenient. I feel bad for my local bars because they were following crazy strict rules. You needed a reservation to get in and several of them were doing temp checks at the door. The dance floors were covered with tables so no dancing... in Country bars in Texas. Crazy stuff. But, that’s only in my small area. The big city bars were packed solid. Several had their liquor licenses pulled by the state.

2 kids in a summer camp program at the high school tested positive Friday or Saturday. I’m not even sure how they were getting away with meeting daily. Now there’s like over 20 boys being quarantined along with the coaches and the families. Yet, they didn’t cancel the girls camp programs. ??? We are just over a month from the start of school.... its anyone’s guess whether school will actually start. It’s frustrating and stressful.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/979874739097682/&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

God Bless America ;) (looks like my linkage isn't great but it does work)
Come on, don’t you have zealots over in your neck of the woods? (Please tell me they aren’t exclusive to the US) :oops:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/979874739097682/&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

lol I’ve seen this crazy lady.. “devil’s rules”. This is pretty close to how a good portion of my local area residents are behaving.

there’s a compilation of several of these people made to a Parks and Recreation town hall scene. It’s quite funny!

On the one hand, I want to laugh my a$$ off because it’s so ridiculous. On the other hand I’m astounded at the stupidity, and it’s :poo: like this that makes me embarrassed to say I’m an American. :mad:

On the one hand, I want to laugh my a$$ off because it’s so ridiculous. On the other hand I’m astounded at the stupidity, and it’s :poo: like this that makes me embarrassed to say I’m an American. :mad:
Stupidity isn't exclusive to your side of the pond Catherine. Maybe we should all be embarrassed about being humans.
The crazy scenes along our coast last weekend were just as ridiculous :(

Well there's new rules on lockdown in the UK and already toilet roll and flour is missing on supermarket shelves the next day. Sigh!
Unfortunately I can't work from home at the moment. Due to a failure in middle management decision making, students can't access college systems, normal inductions are not being done and we're left with a situation where there are just two of us doing our best to get 3000 students up and running. And because they don't want students wandering around we have to do the wandering and mixing with 100s of different people each week. We share an office and if one of us get covid we likely both will and that would likely make us super spreaders.

I get the impression many schools and colleges around the area are similarly unprepared and failed to plan. When we went into lockdown first time students were already familiar with and using the college platforms. It never occurred to those it should have that we've never started the academic year in lockdown and what needs to get done to make it work. Bunch of kack wizards.

Well there's new rules on lockdown in the UK and already toilet roll and flour is missing on supermarket shelves the next day. Sigh!
Unfortunately I can't work from home at the moment. Due to a failure in middle management decision making, students can't access college systems, normal inductions are not being done and we're left with a situation where there are just two of us doing our best to get 3000 students up and running. And because they don't want students wandering around we have to do the wandering and mixing with 100s of different people each week. We share an office and if one of us get covid we likely both will and that would likely make us super spreaders.

I get the impression many schools and colleges around the area are similarly unprepared and failed to plan. When we went into lockdown first time students were already familiar with and using the college platforms. It never occurred to those it should have that we've never started the academic year in lockdown and what needs to get done to make it work. Bunch of kack wizards.
I've been WFH since lockdown, love it now, hopefully see the rest of my (working) time out like this. I think things have to change one way or another, less commuters must be better for the environment. I have no sympathy for the likes of Costa, Pret, Starbucks etc who are crying about the death of the city centre. My base was out of town anyway so it doesn't effect the local area too much.

It’s a complete and utter shambles — the whole thing! It’s hard to see how anyone could have made a worse job of it, but we’re stuck with it unfortunately. It’s soooooooo frustrating. I’m filled with impotent rage, which is pointless, but there it is.

It’s a complete and utter shambles — the whole thing! It’s hard to see how anyone could have made a worse job of it, but we’re stuck with it unfortunately. It’s soooooooo frustrating. I’m filled with impotent rage, which is pointless, but there it is.
Agreed.

This scares me. We are back at school (high school) with a hybrid schedule. Half the kids come Monday and Wednesday the others Tuesday and Thursday. Other schools are doing the same. Cases are rising especially in the colleges and some have already returned to all remote learning. Our IT guys are running in circles, too. Everything changes day to day.
Maybe I should buy some extra toilet paper.......

Last edited:
This scares me. We are back at school (high school) with a hybrid schedule. Half the kids come Monday and Wednesday the others Tuesday and Thursday. Other schools are doing the same. Cases are rising especially in the colleges and some have already returned to all remote learning. Our IT guys are running in circles.
Maybe I should buy some extra toilet paper.......
I can sympathize. In our town, yesterday, they sent home 40 children from Middle School. Our County Jail has eight more positives this week and the jail from the next county over has many more. The web page of our local hospital has been changed to remove deaths, for example, due to COVID. Here in the US news media is in such a shambles there is barely a truthful word to be heard or read. We also have so many conspiracy theories floating around it wouldn't surprise me if a Billboard type chart was started to give them ranking. What totally surprises me though is that friends, who were professors at colleges, professionals, and some teachers, share this crap without even checking on Google or WolframAlpha, or Wikipedia or Snopes, to see if it is true :( It's the end of the world as we know it...

Back
Top Bottom