moin, moin from Hamburg

esotopia

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Thomas J. Klamm aka TJK
Device
Hello world,

i just recently discovered this community and spontaneously decided to join.
My trusty iPhone 6s+ can take photos and so i capture this or that scene, but ... frankly ... i'm a lousy photographer.
And, my view onto the world couldn't possibly be photographed. So i'm more an editor of views.
I feel like standing at "The Doors Of Perception" and opening the gate for occasional visitors.

So, maybe that this meeting place is not totally appropriate for my ambitions ... but it'll certainly help me improving my "snapshot-ing" skills. And if you're interested in the art of editing (...) i'd be really glad to share my findings.

Feel cordially invited to visit my IG page. I'd love to hear your comments on my endeavors!

btw: the term "moin, moin" (in the title of this post) is local Hamburg' slang and means: good morning, good day, good night - choose yours.

Cheers,
Tschüss (),
Aloha & Bye,
TJK

Last edited:
Hello world,

My trusty iPhone 6s+ can take photos and so i capture this or that scene, but ... frankly ... i'm a lousy photographer.
And, my view onto the world couldn't possibly be photographed. So i'm more an editor of views.
I feel like standing at "The Doors Of Perception" and opening the gate for occasional visitors.

So, maybe that this meeting place is not totally appropriate for my ambitions ... but it'll certainly help me improving my "snapshot-ing" skills. And if you're interested in the art of editing (...) i'd be really glad to share my findings.

Feel cordially invited to visit my IG page. I'd love to hear your comments on my endeavors!

btw: the term "moin, moin" (in the title of this post) is local Hamburg' slang and means: good morning, good day, good night - choose yours.

Cheers,
Tschüss (),
Aloha & Bye,
TJK
Moin, moin! We are a mobile photography community with a side in mobile art. Mobile art means using apps to make an image into something a bit more than a photograph. Our philosophy is:
  • Be courteous in your comments and critiques.
  • All images must be created and edited entirely on mobile devices. The use of stock imagery is allowed in your artwork, but please use in the spirit of the forum - if it’s a mosaic, then it’s fine, but just applying a quick filter to a stock photo isn’t. Also, if you’re entering a competition, the person(s) running it can state whether they will allow stock imagery, and to what extent.
  • You must have the right to post any image you upload, either because it is yours, because you have permission from the rights holder, or because it is in the public domain.
I did check out your Instagram and you have some pretty cool images! We don’t do nudes, at least no people nudes, occasionally a mannequin will show up…

For a more complete overlook of the rules, you can check out the “help“ at the very bottom of the page or https://mobitog.com/help/how_to/ .

Moin, moin! We are a mobile photography community with a side in mobile art. Mobile art means using apps to make an image into something a bit more than a photograph. Our philosophy is:
  • Be courteous in your comments and critiques.
  • All images must be created and edited entirely on mobile devices. The use of stock imagery is allowed in your artwork, but please use in the spirit of the forum - if it’s a mosaic, then it’s fine, but just applying a quick filter to a stock photo isn’t. Also, if you’re entering a competition, the person(s) running it can state whether they will allow stock imagery, and to what extent.
  • You must have the right to post any image you upload, either because it is yours, because you have permission from the rights holder, or because it is in the public domain.
I did check out your Instagram and you have some pretty cool images! We don’t do nudes, at least no people nudes, occasionally a mannequin will show up…

For a more complete overlook of the rules, you can check out the “help“ at the very bottom of the page or https://mobitog.com/help/how_to/ .

Aloha,
thanx for welcome & info. And thanx for visiting my IG.
So, no nudes ... well, good to know. And when i need to "do nudes" i'll just take naked animals, ok? (can you see the laughing tears in my eyes, please). Being offensive is the last thing i would want to do. Please have mercy with an old, ironic rock'n'roller ...

Cheers,
TJK

Hello world,

Cheers,
Tschüss (),
Aloha & Bye,
TJK
Welcome! Quite a few of us do photo manipulation as well as straight photography so if you want to know about arty apps this is certainly the place to come. https://www.instagram.com/annimageart/

Aloha,
thanx for welcome & info. And thanx for visiting my IG.
So, no nudes ... well, good to know. And when i need to "do nudes" i'll just take naked animals, ok? (can you see the laughing tears in my eyes, please). Being offensive is the last thing i would want to do. Please have mercy with an old, ironic rock'n'roller ...

Cheers,
TJK
Naked animals are welcome and even encouraged. Check out our dedicated thread https://mobitog.com/threads/our-pets-furred-feathered-or-scaled.15629/

ImageArt Anne reminds me to share my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/starzee947/
and Mobitog https://www.instagram.com/mobitog/

Hello world,

Cheers,
Tschüss (),
Aloha & Bye,
TJK
Wow, TJK, you’re using a 6S. I’m impressed. Those early iPhones really are amazing. I’m looking forward to seeing some of your art. I’m also intrigued by your “I’m a lousy photographer” statement. I never considered that there was such a thing. :lol: Welcome to Mobitog.

Wow, TJK, you’re using a 6S. I’m impressed. Those early iPhones really are amazing. I’m looking forward to seeing some of your art. I’m also intrigued by your “I’m a lousy photographer” statement. I never considered that there was such a thing. :lol: Welcome to Mobitog.
well, one of the reasons for my mediocre photos may be that i had my right wrist broken. The surgeon could fix it, but cut the tendons of my thumb, both ... this could be fixed by sewing my forefinger tendon to the thumb. ... my right hand, former "iron grip", is now good enough to click the mouse button or rule the smart pen. But, triggering the camera shutter always results in "phone-quakes" ... good for psychedelic movies but not for clear photo shots ...

well, one of the reasons for my mediocre photos may be that i had my right wrist broken. The surgeon could fix it, but cut the tendons of my thumb, both ... this could be fixed by sewing my forefinger tendon to the thumb. ... my right hand, former "iron grip", is now good enough to click the mouse button or rule the smart pen. But, triggering the camera shutter always results in "phone-quakes" ... good for psychedelic movies but not for clear photo shots ...
I see. Could that be “fixed” by using headphones?

Well, instead of pressing the shutter button, you just press the volume on the wired headphones and that takes a photo.
ahh ... i see. Despite the fact that i'm in soft- and hardware since decades, i still don't know such simple things. ...
Ja, this could work, if ... well ... then there's my steadily shaky grip the next obstacle. This life, here at the coast, is not without challenges... :)

Thanx &
Cheers,
TJK

I see. Could that be “fixed” by using headphones?
Or the timer? Or embrace the movement and look into ICM, Intentional Camera Movement. https://mobitog.com/threads/icm-pho...camera-movement-discussion.24313/#post-450669

Welcome to MobiTog Thomas!
:D
You have most definitely come to the right place to meet new people, learn about mobile photography and hone your skills.
:thumbs:
Take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!!
:D

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

At the bottom right on any page you'll see “Help” - click on that and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: https://mobitog.com/help/

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

FUN STUFF!!
We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like JillyG Jilly's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, zenjenny Jen’s outside-the-box APPstract Challenge, and lots more. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

We also have some wonderful on-going Community "drop-ins", like Sign Spotting, Shadow Selfies, Found Faces, MobiTattoos
;)
, Our Grandchildren, Our Pets, and The MobiCafe.

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Hello world,

Cheers,
Tschüss (),
Aloha & Bye,
TJK
Well met and wellcome to MobiTog! I'm ratspeaker on Instagram.

If you're interested in digital collage on mobile devices, you'll find a number of companions here. A lot of collaged images are scattered around the site, but you can look for threads in the Appstracts Forum and for starters check out Experiments with Tape and Glue and Appstracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images.

As an alternative to the wired earbuds for shooting, you might try a Bluetooth trigger, which does the same thing wirelessly. There's a ton of them available, mostly cheap, but many have trouble staying connected to your phone. I use the CamKix (got the idea from ImageArt) which works better than most. See the thread here for some talk on that and on wired earbuds. I also carry a very small pocket tripod from Joby called the GripTight. There's a photo of it here next to an iPhone 7 so you can see how small it is.

Well met and wellcome to MobiTog! I'm ratspeaker on Instagram.

If you're interested in digital collage on mobile devices, you'll find a number of companions here. A lot of collaged images are scattered around the site, but you can look for threads in the Appstracts Forum and for starters check out Experiments with Tape and Glue and Appstracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images.

As an alternative to the wired earbuds for shooting, you might try a Bluetooth trigger, which does the same thing wirelessly. There's a ton of them available, mostly cheap, but many have trouble staying connected to your phone. I use the CamKix (got the idea from ImageArt) which works better than most. See the thread here for some talk on that and on wired earbuds. I also carry a very small pocket tripod from Joby called the GripTight. There's a photo of it here next to an iPhone 7 so you can see how small it is.
Hi Ted,

thanx for the welcome. Your hints are highly appreciated. Bluetooth is a goog idea, but i think i need something with "speech control" to have both hands to hold the phone stable ... time will show - i'm not in a hurry and photo editing is no problem while highly satisfying for my artistic ambitions ...

cheers,

Hi Catherine,
thanx for the warm and informative welcome.
Actually, i'm not very much into "doing nudes" - this question apparently materialized because a look on my recent posts at IG might give the impression that my worx deal with skin ... but that's only a tiny fraction of my creativity, a temporary focus ...
Anyway, i don't mind the body in it's natural beauty!

cheers,

Oh, of course! I completely overlooked that. And I think your iPhone 6s supports the current software, doesn't it? Can it be done with Siri and Shortcuts? (I've never tried that.)
Thanx for caring! i think i'll give Siri a try - one of these days ...

Cheers,

Hi esotopia and welcome :D. Loving your work on IG.

press the volume on the wired headphones
Or the timer?
Bluetooth trigger

Er... I think they've missed the simplest and obvious option. The volume button on the phone itself will take a picture. I don't have an iphone myself but I know the earlier models could do it, I'd be suprised if they took the function away.

It's understandable. They've probably got thier minds on nudes and forgot how thier cameras work. :rolleyes:

Hi esotopia and welcome :D. Loving your work on IG.

Er... I think they've missed the simplest and obvious option. The volume button on the phone itself will take a picture. I don't have an iphone myself but I know the earlier models could do it, I'd be suprised if they took the function away.

It's understandable. They've probably got thier minds on nudes and forgot how thier cameras work. :rolleyes:

Hi Rizole,
thanx for the welcome, the appreciation of my worx and the volume button tip. Now there's no more excuse left, not to be a great photographer.
:)
Ja, this nude thing makes a cool running gag ...

Cheers,
TJK

Aloha & moin, moin from Hamburg,

i found another excuse for my "lousy photographer" self estimation ... i definitely should wear some glasses 'cause i really need them. But i most frequently leave the house without them. This does not only make iphone operations like a darkroom experience with sunglasses, but also let's me only guess what i'm actually looking at. Then this happens ...:

1E417AA3-AB3E-4A01-80C3-923BF7ADAA4A.jpeg

i think, that i used Orasis as camera app on my 6s+ (the icon seemed to say so) and then, back home, applied some JixiPixi magix - that with spectacles on my nose ...

Cheers,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom