MobiColour RESULT: MC #124 Theme WET - June 11-17

Snapseed, Pixlr
BD946987-D017-456D-BFC5-DB00311FFC99.jpeg

Yes and masses of rain. My parents had their cellar under water. :( but meanwhile they made it through. Fortunately no problems in mine. :)
:( All over the weather is doing predictably unpredictable things. I hope no one was injured and not too much damage was done

D27F6311-EB0F-4BF6-AF73-76808343F866.jpeg

Fishing for souls
While I had "Surf fishing" open in iColorama to blend two BeCasso variations, I tried a Difference blend on a whim, with this result. The apparent reversal of land and water made me wonder "Why would someone be fishing the land?"

Rivet? That’s a plume of water too small to be a rivulet?
7490A3B5-E6AA-4CB9-8897-62AD7DE4F3B2.gif

Near the top of Waterside Beach an area of beach has been eroded to expose part of the underlaying clay bed. The slat-marsh, behind the beach, drains through this area.
iPhone 7 Plus. Live Photo > ImgPlay > GIF
I tried still photos and long exposures but neither had any life to them compared to the Live Photos.
Here’s a still photo the same size for comparison.
6F92EEB0-A661-46E9-9930-CC689480D21E.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 110697
Near the top of Waterside Beach an area of beach has been eroded to expose part of the underlaying clay bed. The slat-marsh, behind the beach, drains through this area.
I tried still photos and long exposures but neither had any life to them compared to the Live Photos.
View attachment 110698
Cool!

View attachment 110697
View attachment 110698

That’s a lovely visual metaphor for the fundamental water = life principle

What if plants flowed like wet paint when they got wet...
View attachment 110643
Yesterday while I was in town I started thinking about other ways to express “wet-ness”, beside literal images, like the one below. I came up with a list.
View attachment 110642
Anyhow, it was a first try.

How long is the list? Are you going to share? We have a fairly specific set of interpretations here, I think. I have to check again but I think mainly literal. I remember my mum used to have an expression about a person being like a wet dishrag or something - clearly loses something in the translation - and another one about ‘slow or miserable as a wet week’....

Back
Top Bottom