MobiColour RESULT: MC #19 Theme: Little Creatures - June 6-12

My last one for this week. Just (well meanwhile some hours ago) taken at the garden restaurant with MultiCam:

Bumble, Little Bumblebee

View attachment 78323
View attachment 78326
Some sort of Soldier beetle on Rhododendron buds.
iPhone 6, Fusion, Moment tele lens with close-up lens attached. Some tweaking in Enlight.
And a mammal - the northern Red Squirrel.
View attachment 78328
iPhone 6, Moment tele lens plus close-up lens, Hipstamatic, edited to remove lens & film effects but kept flash.
Leggy
View attachment 78334
Not sure what he is, but he's got very long legs. IPhone 6 no edits.
A fly

View attachment 78335
Really, it's a photo of the beautiful cow parsley that a fly just happens to be on. I love this "weed". iPhone 6, no edits.
Loving all of these little creatures.... :inlove:
And yes, Jilly, the cow parsley is beautiful! What a lovely fresh bouquet it would make....

Got away!
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1465668367.774534.jpg

I can't quite figure out why the bug appears in pieces. This is the darkest of my 3 Fusion bracketed exposures. In the middle one the bug is just at the top edge and in the lightest exposure it has completely gone.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1465668509.064363.jpg

This was the previous shot. As soon as I pressed the shutter I realized I was casting a shadow over the bottom half so I made a slight angle adjustment and tried again. The top picture is the result. Moment tele lens with closeup lens attached. iPhone 6, Fusion.
The flowers are Forget-me-nots.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1465668842.191673.jpg

I don't often have any luck photographing flies. They usually take off before I get close enough for a shot. For some reason this one stayed put. It is sitting on a Poppy bud. This picture is full frame, not zoomed (Fusion doesn't have zoom) and not cropped.
I'm finding the Moment tele lens with a closeup lens added is turning out to be a good combination for close-ups. It allows a bit more room between the iPhone and subject which often helps with the lighting. The tele also throws the background more out of focus which provides better separation. I use two different close-up lens combinations on the tele, depending on the size of the subject.

Got away!
View attachment 78363
I can't quite figure out why the bug appears in pieces. This is the darkest of my 3 Fusion bracketed exposures. In the middle one the bug is just at the top edge and in the lightest exposure it has completely gone.
View attachment 78364
This was the previous shot. As soon as I pressed the shutter I realized I was casting a shadow over the bottom half so I made a slight angle adjustment and tried again. The top picture is the result. Moment tele lens with closeup lens attached. iPhone 6, Fusion.
That blue is stunning.......

View attachment 78365
I don't often have any luck photographing flies. They usually take off before I get close enough for a shot. For some reason this one stayed put. It is sitting on a Poppy bud. This picture is full frame, not zoomed (Fusion doesn't have zoom) and not cropped.
I'm finding the Moment tele lens with a closeup lens added is turning out to be a good combination for close-ups. It allows a bit more room between the iPhone and subject which often helps with the lighting. The tele also throws the background more out of focus which provides better separation. I use two different close-up lens combinations on the tele, depending on the size of the subject.
WOW

Got this on the golf course yesterday. The dragonflies are absolutely everywhere and don't seem as skittish as ones I've experienced in the past. This was taken without any special lens. No processing.

View attachment 78375

Oh my, Ann - look at those wings! No wonder they beat them some 500 (thousand) times/minute - they're like fine lace! I follow an IG page on dragonflies bcs I never tire of looking at them. And she kept still for you!

Are you using a 6s? I've had mine for a short while, not done much in way of serious photography, but notice easily in my camera roll the difference btwn the 6s shots and the 4s and/or iPad images!

Got away!
View attachment 78363
View attachment 78364
Oh that blue :inlove:

View attachment 78371
Tiger Swallowtail butterfly, hind wing, backside. Unfortunately dead. I picked it up from the road figuring it would make a nice close-up. Moment macro lens. Fusion & a bit of Simply HDR.

wreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyard

And I love calla/arum lilies. All colours. But that pink... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Did you two plant them when you bought your place? Who's the gardener? :)
Lorraine brought a bunch of Easter lilies from our old house when we moved here. This one and one other are pink like this when starting to show but turn white like the rest when fully open.

wreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyardwreckingyard

OK, I'll bite. What is the wrecking yard all about?

Got this on the golf course yesterday. The dragonflies are absolutely everywhere and don't seem as skittish as ones I've experienced in the past. This was taken without any special lens. No processing.

View attachment 78375
Oh man, she is gorgeous. One of my all-time favorite little creatures... :inlove: (so much so that I want to get one tattooed somewhere)

OK, I'll bite. What is the wrecking yard all about?

What? You've never moseyed over to the Wrecking Yard? Saunter over Brian and have a look. We put stuff in, someone takes it/them and makes beautiful images. It's very liberating and we get access to images that we don't have on our camera rolls.

Back
Top Bottom