Star’s 2024 365 or is it 366?

Is that frost :eek: Kind of beautiful but I guess you've had enough of that stuff. BTW - I can see at least two or three tiny trolls or goblins in this image :alien::sleep:
It might have been. It was cold enough. But there was no sign of it anywhere else. I think it’s just a fuzzy plant. I’m hoping I’ll remember to check next time we go there.

4/9
It was a fantastic day. High was 77º. Hung out in the back yard with Buddha and the elephant. In an impressionistic mood.
Hipsta
HipstamaticPhoto-734525178.000578.jpeg

I like the way the window reflection lined up with building’s window on the left.
Photos
IMG_2476.jpeg

So when I posted this I noticed the wire in the upper left and thought I’d just pop it into Retouch and fix it. I had a terrible time trying to get rid of the wire and keep the window intact. I tried the Healing Brush in Snapseed. Perfect!
IMG_2205.jpeg

Last edited:
So when I posted this I noticed the wire in the upper left and thought I’d just pop it into Retouch and fix it. I had a terrible time trying to get rid of the wire and keep the window intact.
Yes, I've found that Line tool in TouchRetouch hiccups sometimes, though it's usually pretty good. Never figured out what sort of image is going to give it problems.

Is that the Silvertone filter you used on those images? Looks good.

Yes, I've found that Line tool in TouchRetouch hiccups sometimes, though it's usually pretty good. Never figured out what sort of image is going to give it problems.

Is that the Silvertone filter you used on those images? Looks good.
Yes it is silvertone. I do like that setting.

4/17
Since we started cataloging the newspapers at the museum, we have been watching for NEWS. You know wars, elections, big news. We did an entire bound volume from 1812 and didn’t see one mention of a war, or a national anthem. Now we have started individual issues and on our first day….
IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

And in a crazy twist, on the back of a clipping, a picture of Jeanie’s (the woman who volunteers with me) mother. The United way sign caught her attention. “That’s my mother!!”
IMG_2485.jpeg

4/17
Since we started cataloging the newspapers at the museum, we have been watching for NEWS. You know wars, elections, big news. We did an entire bound volume from 1812 and didn’t see one mention of a war, or a national anthem. Now we have started individual issues and on our first day….
View attachment 201103
View attachment 201104
And in a crazy twist, on the back of a clipping, a picture of Jeanie’s (the woman who volunteers with me) mother. The United way sign caught her attention. “That’s my mother!!”
View attachment 201105
No way! What a coincidence.

I really like a lot of your straight photography, Star. I don’t remember you doing a lot of it before your 356s.
I had to go back and look. :lmao: I was thinking that last year was mostly straight photos, but I guess I was a little heavy on the Hipsta, mangle, etc.

4/19
This time of year there are a horde of carp trying to get through the sluice way between the river and the warmer, more nutrient rich water in the refuge. Herons find easy pickings.
View attachment 201153
Great composition! :cool: And the heron really looks as if it's thinging: When I finally spot a fish for dinner it's too big for me to swallow :facepalm::D

Yes the are sizable. Fortunately for the herons there are smaller minnow sized fish among the carp.
A golfing friend of mine has just lost all her gold fish from her pond to a heron. He wiped out the whole lot. She was pretty gutted because she’s had them for 5 years and had named many of them. She doesn’t want to put netting over the pond because birds sometimes bath/drink from it.

Great composition! :cool: And the heron really looks as if it's thinging: When I finally spot a fish for dinner it's too big for me to swallow :facepalm::D
That shot was a total lark. I took a bunch of photos and was surprised to see the carp posing in this one.

A golfing friend of mine has just lost all her gold fish from her pond to a heron. He wiped out the whole lot. She was pretty gutted because she’s had them for 5 years and had named many of them. She doesn’t want to put netting over the pond because birds sometimes bath/drink from it.
Sorry about your friend’s fish. When I was teen I had a friend who had a small koi pond. I couldn’t understand how the fish survived the winters, but they did.

Back
Top Bottom