Mobi366 Ubbyisis’ Project 366 - 2020

Day 111 - April 20th - Spring in progress

These are the most common early spring flowers here. The coltsfoot comes first. I saw the first one in February. In late March we get the blue anemone hepatica and the white anemone nemorosa comes in April. The coltsfoots are beginning to fade away now. Still lots and lots of hepaticas, but soon the nemorosas will take over, especially as the coming days will be much warmer.

F6D53674-3C54-45D0-A549-966C7AD184BE.png

Day 112 - April 21st - The spiders are extremely busy these days :)

Tiny cobwebs everywhere since a week ago. I even get tiny threads in my face when I’m out on my walks - I really don’t get how on earth there can be webs in the middle of the road :alien: Must be thousands and thousand of spiders working like maniacs right now. Strangely I haven’t seen a single spider - perhaps they are super tiny :D

Camera+ 2 - macro mode

E1F40FBC-FBE9-41C4-8025-352704B3F690.png

Day 114 - April 23rd - More yellow

I know that most people see them as evil weed, but I love dandelions and I don’t care if they invade our garden

Snapseed

View attachment 157056
I have a dandelion tattoo with a quote from Eeyore, “Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”

And the insects love them. Hooray for the humble Dandelion!!
Oh I grow these all the time in my garden, I'm quite the expert ;)
I have a dandelion tattoo with a quote from Eeyore, “Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
Thank you dear members of the Dandelion Fan Club :thumbs: As times are bad I think you deserve a fun true story from my childhood years. It’s about weed in double sense. I think me and my best friend were about 8 years old. If that’s correct we’re talking 1967. We had heard that you couldsmoke dandelion stems. So we filled a stem with normal innocent grass and lit a match and ... well, absolutely nothing happened:alien::D

Thank you dear members of the Dandelion Fan Club :thumbs: As times are bad I think you deserve a fun true story from my childhood years. It’s about weed in double sense. I think me and my best friend were about 8 years old. If that’s correct we’re talking 1967. We had heard that you couldsmoke dandelion stems. So we filled a stem with normal innocent grass and lit a match and ... well, absolutely nothing happened:alien::D
I did the same with straw. I got very smokey.:lmao::lmao::barf:

My friend and I made dandelion wine when we were sixteen, the early ‘70s. We were supposed to pick 7 quarts, but had no idea how much a quart was so wound up with 14. Rather waste all those dandelions, we double the batch. When it was done we had a great unvexiling....we thought it tasted like kerosene, nothing like the Anne Greensprings apple wine (cheap) we were accustomed to. Fortunately my dad and his friend both liked it and paid us $2 a bottle. Times were different then.......

My friend and I made dandelion wine when we were sixteen, the early ‘70s. We were supposed to pick 7 quarts, but had no idea how much a quart was so wound up with 14. Rather waste all those dandelions, we double the batch. When it was done we had a great unvexiling....we thought it tasted like kerosene, nothing like the Anne Greensprings apple wine (cheap) we were accustomed to. Fortunately my dad and his friend both liked it and paid us $2 a bottle. Times were different then.......
One of the first years out here we made a batch of dandelion wine. Just as you and your friend we didn’t like it and quickly returned to Spanish red ;) Oh, those were the days my friend(s):rog:

Day 115 - April 24th - Coming towards me from the north :eek:

After three days of almost summerlike weather we’re expecting normal cold and cloudy weather. Still quite sunny, but the clouds are approaching at high speed. Photo taken two hours ago outside the house looking north. ProCamera app in HDR Dramatic mode. Removed the compost bin and other disturbing objects with Touch Retouch (why do we still call the app Touch Retouch by the way :alien: - I believe the changed the name to just retouch quite a while ago;))
P.S. Perhaps I should have removed the trash bin too, but now it’s there and makes the photo more realistic ;)

91F41AD5-74CB-415C-8549-619C0071D2F5.jpeg

original:
8D5B9179-C3AE-4D10-93D3-98C200C25B4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha!!!! <high-five>
And oh man.... I remember Annie Greensprings!!!!! :sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Day 115 - April 24th - Coming towards me from the north :eek:

After three days of almost summerlike weather we’re expecting normal cold and cloudy weather. Still quite sunny, but the clouds are approaching at high speed. Photo taken two hours ago outside the house looking north. ProCamera app in HDR Dramatic mode. Removed the compost bin and other disturbing objects with Touch Retouch (why do we still call the app Touch Retouch by the way :alien: - I believe the changed the name to just retouch quite a while ago;))
P.S. Perhaps I should have removed the trash bin too, but now it’s there and makes the photo more realistic ;)

View attachment 157071

original:
View attachment 157070
Beautiful sky.
Touch Retouch (why do we still call the app Touch Retouch by the way :alien: - I believe the changed the name to just retouch quite a while ago;))
I do the same... habit!

Day 116 - April 25th - Blue

Much colder today. And I have destroyed my poor feet again with excessive walking the last few weeks. Just a short walk today. The season for the anemone hepatica is almost over, but I was lucky to find these that were partly sheltered under some twigs. Edited in iColorama and Retouch ;)

91C4D943-F3C8-427D-BC81-9C8C88C7D005.jpeg

original:
8D12278A-4721-426E-A71C-F437B8D40A5B.jpeg

before DH removed the twigs:
02BDDC02-B365-46B5-A5CF-F994B0FD24AE.png

Day 112 - April 21st - The spiders are extremely busy these days :)

Tiny cobwebs everywhere since a week ago. I even get tiny threads in my face when I’m out on my walks - I really don’t get how on earth there can be webs in the middle of the road :alien: Must be thousands and thousand of spiders working like maniacs right now. Strangely I haven’t seen a single spider - perhaps they are super tiny :D

Camera+ 2 - macro mode

View attachment 157000
Day 113 - April 22nd - Yellow

Our forsythia edited with iColorama

View attachment 157032View attachment 157033
Day 114 - April 23rd - More yellow

I know that most people see them as evil weed, but I love dandelions and I don’t care if they invade our garden

Snapseed

View attachment 157056
Day 116 - April 25th - Blue

Much colder today. And I have destroyed my poor feet again with excessive walking the last few weeks. Just a short walk today. The season for the anemone hepatica is almost over, but I was lucky to find these that were partly sheltered under some twigs. Edited in iColorama and Retouch ;)

View attachment 157104

original:
View attachment 157103

before DH removed the twigs:
View attachment 157105

your spring is so beautiful . . .

Back
Top Bottom