Saw these two on my walk.

edits in Lightroom Mobile

IMG_4422.jpeg

IMG_4424.jpeg

after a while the one to the right began to show it was a bit too much cuddling

IMG_4429.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 336 - December 2nd
So they don't get snow socks on their back feet too?
You have the eyes of an eagle. I hadn’t noticed. I sometimes wonder why people dress their horses. I mean, shouldn’t they be built for outdoor life? Perhaps all the breeding made modern horses weaker

Day 336 - December 2nd

You have the eyes of an eagle. I hadn’t noticed. I sometimes wonder why people dress their horses. I mean, shouldn’t they be built for outdoor life? Perhaps all the breeding made modern horses weaker
I thought that posed an interesting question. Where did horses originate? Nobody really knows according to the internet because they have been around for so long. Possibly Europe/Asia. It is quite possible that they were brought to Scandinavia so the horses have had to become tougher. What is know is that horses never existed in the Americas (or what is know as a modern horse - previous horses disappeared 10,000 years ago from the Americas but survived in Europe/Asia). They were brought over by the Spanish.

I thought that posed an interesting question. Where did horses originate? Nobody really knows according to the internet because they have been around for so long. Possibly Europe/Asia. It is quite possible that they were brought to Scandinavia so the horses have had to become tougher. What is know is that horses never existed in the Americas (or what is know as a modern horse - previous horses disappeared 10,000 years ago from the Americas but survived in Europe/Asia). They were brought over by the Spanish.
The horses that were used by farmers until the machines took over were of sturdy races, for ex the ardennais and the North Swredish horse - both ”cold blood races”. I guess when horses started to be used as pets/toys people chose other horses. Also I guess these robust nordic horses would come last in a horse race

The horses that were used by farmers until the machines took over were of sturdy races, for ex the ardennais and the North Swredish horse - both ”cold blood races”. I guess when horses started to be used as pets/toys people chose other horses. Also I guess these robust nordic horses would come last in a horse race
We have a number of Amish families in our area. They still use horses for plowing and transportation. I can’t speak to the winter blankets, but the in the summer they put mesh blankets on to keep the flies off.

We have a number of Amish families in our area. They still use horses for plowing and transportation. I can’t speak to the winter blankets, but the in the summer they put mesh blankets on to keep the flies off.
Just like here. And often ”veil” in the horses’ face.

Day 339 - December 5th - ice cold but such a beautiful sunny day

Right now the thermometer says minus 20,7. It was 18 when we were doing our outdoor activities earlier today. Despite the cold both of us managed to get sweaty - perhaps we should put on shorts tomorrow :lmao:

Skiing 70-year old on 60 year old skiis. And a shadow selfie of the photographer Edits in Radiant Mobile

IMG_1556_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 341 - December 7th - You can call me Ms Colour Splash

Very ”graphic” weather today. I was out on the road for more than three hours. It got dark before I got home.

DH shot this with iPhone 13 Pro Max. Edits by me in PicTapGo. Good teamwork as so often :thumbs:

PicTapGo-2023-12-07-163337.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 339 - December 5th - ice cold but such a beautiful sunny day

Right now the thermometer says minus 20,7. It was 18 when we were doing our outdoor activities earlier today. Despite the cold both of us managed to get sweaty - perhaps we should put on shorts tomorrow :lmao:

Skiing 70-year old on 60 year old skiis. And a shadow selfie of the photographer Edits in Radiant Mobile

View attachment 198417
Love that light.
(and the fantastic 70yo :thumbs: )

Day 342 - December 8th - Same same but almost 20 degrees warmer than two days ago!

Not so much variation in this thread. The few hours of daylight are dedicated to my walks. I prefer taking photos outdoors, but I’ll have to rethink that unless this page will be very boring

at 12:24, -2 degrees and mist - no edit, please note the sun almost looking like the moon

IMG_1719.jpeg

another one shot with LR camera.

IMG_4607.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 342 - December 8th - Same same but almost 20 degrees warmer than two days ago!

Not so much variation in this thread. The few hours of daylight are dedicated to my walks. I prefer taking photos outdoors, but I’ll have to rethink that unless this page will be very boring

at 12:24, -2 degrees and mist - no edit, please note the sun almost looking like the moon

View attachment 198515

View attachment 198523
No, no, keep doing it. They all appear magical to me.

View attachment 198515

View attachment 198523
That second one is a stunner!!

Day 343 - December 9th - Been out colour hunting :D

playground without players - edits in Snapseed

IMG_4634.png

Please take a seat :cool: Edits in Becasso and Lightroom Mobile. But before hat I used the Expand feauture in Brain Fever’s AI app as the original photo was bad when it comes to the angle. I tried to avoid a lamp post getting into the photo

IMG_4636.jpeg

original:
IMG_1748.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 345 - December 11th - Waiting patiently as he always has :inlove:

I wonder how many hours of his life my poor DH has spent waiting for me :rolleyes: When I was still working he waited outside my workplace every evening while I was busy ”let me just finish a few more things”. And now it is ”I just need 2 km more”. He never complains. A remarkable man :)

Shot with iPhone 15 Pro Max and edited in Snapseed

IMG_4680_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom