What are you watching?

I just finished 5 seasons of Superstore (Hulu), and am bummed that season 6 will be the last. I’m late to this party, but so happy to have discovered it. Absolutely hilarious (it had me guffawing and rewinding almost every episode). I would rewatch all the seasons someday.

On AppleTV+ we got hooked on
  • Ted Lasso... so happy they are making at least two more seasons...
Broadcast TV
  • Bob ❤️ Abishola and Young Sheldon
  • For background noise, we watch Big Bang Theory, Will & Grace, Cheers!, Frazier, and M*A*S*H reruns via Hulu.

I watch/listen to more podcasts than TV shows.

For background noise, we watch Big Bang Theory, Will & Grace, Cheers!, Frazier, and M*A*S*H reruns via Hulu.
Those are all great classics... worth a rewatch. I got hooked on Ugly Betty! It’s actually really good, with some hilarious one-liners. Based on a telenovella. I started watching because I loved America Ferrara in Superstore. Plus I love that it’s set in New York City... and parts of it I can relate to from my EA days at The Estée Lauder Companies. :lol:

I'm bingeing Vikings at the moment. Put it off for so long because......well I dunno why, just didn't think I'd like it. But surprise surprise I'm addicted.
In fact I'm now convinced I'm a Viking myself as I was born in a Viking town so there I might just be :) So if I start to call myself Jón Strongthews and wear fur and antlers, you know why :lol:
On 3 of 6 at the mo.

I'm bingeing Vikings at the moment. Put it off for so long because......well I dunno why, just didn't think I'd like it. But surprise surprise I'm addicted.
In fact I'm now convinced I'm a Viking myself as I was born in a Viking town so there I might just be :) So if I start to call myself Jón Strongthews and wear fur and antlers, you know why :lol:
On 3 of 6 at the mo.
That would certainly make for a striking profile pic!

On 3 of 6 at the mo.
Next step Ancestry.com?

On 3 of 6 at the mo.
Just one question - what are “thews”? :tearsofjoy:

On 3 of 6 at the mo.
Vikings is brilliant. It lost me in season 4 (no spoilers) but it was so good I thought I might give it another go. Not much else to do these days confined to our plague houses as we all are. :(

And as I'm here, I can heartily recommend Fringe. It's a bit "The X Files" but better for my money. I think it has more ideas, more quirks, a better sense of humour and a more coherent story arc across the different seasons.
IMDB gives it 8.4 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
Bonus content is me photoshopped into the fringe season3 promotional artwork for the win :) You're welcome. :appsir:
fringe.jpg

And as I'm here, I can heartily recommend Fringe. It's a bit "The X Files" but better for my money. I think it has more ideas, more quirks, a better sense of humour and a more coherent story arc across the different seasons.
IMDB gives it 8.4 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119644/
Bonus content is me photoshopped into the fringe season3 promotional artwork for the win :) You're welcome. :appsir:
View attachment 163947
You are so damn clever!! :lmao:

Open for new TV suggestions.
Here are a few things that have kept me gnawing my back leg off from boredom...

Scifi/fantasy:
The Witcher (1 series)
Killjoys (5 Series)
Dark Matter (3 series)

Also from the scifi genre I'd recommend Tales From The Loop from last year and Love, Death and Robots from 2019.

I've just finished Killjoys so am looking for something to fill the existential gap in my soul left by the pandemic.

Last edited:
The Witcher (2 series)
Series 2 isn't out yet, is it???

I finished 6 series of Vikings as mentioned earlier. Although the character focus changes its probably worth sticking with if you enjoyed the first few series. The last line made me smile, but no spoilers ;-)

I just finished The Stranger on Netflix. Excellent murder mystery!!

Ooh yes, that was a good one. Good acting from all of them.
I have this one on my radar. Hannah John-Kamen, who plays "The Stranger" is the lead role in...
Killjoys (5 Series)
...where she's particularly bad-ass. :inlove:

A couple of Aussie recommends...
Mystery Road. Not ground breaking or amazing but it doesn't have to be. Solid story telling and some lovely cinematopgraphy (teletography?). Middle of nowhere north-western crime drama. Satisfying.
Standup. Tim Minchin, comedy drama odd couple road trip. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom