Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

When I was in the Air Ambulance charity shop on Tuesday, I met Emma who runs the Kettering Museum and Art Gallery. It was she who told me about the Agatha Christie exhibition. Whilst I was visiting the museum I took the gang around to see what other exhibits they had there. …

The finale to our little trip to Kettering was visiting The Blitz Tearoom and Jazz Lounge for afternoon tea. It's a 40s inspired tea room, as you can see …

I love these collages! Yeah, Joey at least found something for him. Doesn't it look ever so cute with D&M kind of hoovering over the scene!? [emoji7]
The 40's Tearoom is just awesome. Wow for the Churchill picture, for the vintage great radio! Everything's makes you think you're in a time capsule! And you say there is nothing to show!? Such amazing findings! And you know it makes me so wanting to be back in England. [emoji175][emoji636]

The finale to our little trip to Kettering was visiting The Blitz Tearoom and Jazz Lounge for afternoon tea. It's a 40s inspired tea room, as you can see.

View attachment 86766
The top picture shows Diane and Justin who run the tea room, with the little gang on and around the typewriter. Justin really got into the swing by sucking on a pipe (not lit) and holding a bust of Churchill (whose speech was played through speakers, along with an air raid siren!!!!). The menu was in the style of a ration book. The scone was huge with lashings of cream and jam. Yum.
A lovely set of photos. I love English nostalgia! Did you mention somewhere which app you used? Love to know.

Today we went to Norfolk and the little gang came too, of course.

Firstly, we went to The Arts Cafe for lunch. We met the owner, Roo Sangster-Bullers. Roxy and Joey were thrilled. Roo is an artist who owns the shop and the cafe. We introduced the gang to Harry and Ben. Harry is Roo's son. The cafe has been voted one of the top 25 cafes in the UK by The Times newspaper.
IMG_2996.JPG

Afterwards, we called in at Blakeney to see what effect the tidal surge of the night before had had on the village. The gang didn't get out of the Landy because it was cold and windy.

IMG_0492.JPG

Today was inspired by GroovyGouvy Gouvy :rolleyes:. The weather today is awful - windy, wet, cold and with dire warnings of snow from Rog. Just the sort of day to take the little gang out. :lol: Inspired by Gouvy's comment to Ann about showing the sights to the gang as if the owner was here, we went off to Kettering Museum to look at the Agatha Christie Exhibition. I'm a big fan.

Steve was on the Reception Desk and gave us permission to roam around taking photos. He liked the idea of the gang's travels around the globe.

View attachment 86689
The car, the clock and the 1953 Everest Expedition boots were all made locally.

View attachment 86688
Coincidentally, today is the anniversary of the death of Agatha Christie.

More soon.:)
How fun! Looks like a great place to spend an afternoon.

When I was in the Air Ambulance charity shop on Tuesday, I met Emma who runs the Kettering Museum and Art Gallery. It was she who told me about the Agatha Christie exhibition. Whilst I was visiting the museum I took the gang around to see what other exhibits they had there.

View attachment 86694
It turns out that the wool trade was responsible for the town's prosperity and Dolly and Molly were amused by the little diorama of the Market Square and Sheep Street (which is where the museum and art gallery is situated - what a coincidence!). You can see how Sheep Street got it's name.

Roxy and Joey were interested in the Joey The Amazing Dancing Clown poster.

And apparently Woolly Rhinoceroses (Rhinocerii???) roamed this area 28,000 years ago. The gang were astounded. D and M thought they were the only woolly things.
How much do I LOVE Sheep Street?!?! :lol: :inlove:
And those scarves are just toooooooo cute.

Today we went to Norfolk and the little gang came too, of course.

Firstly, we went to The Arts Cafe for lunch. We met the owner, Roo Sangster-Bullers. Roxy and Joey were thrilled. Roo is an artist who owns the shop and the cafe. We introduced the gang to Harry and Ben. Harry is Roo's son. The cafe has been voted one of the top 25 cafes in the UK by The Times newspaper.
View attachment 86887

Afterwards, we called in at Blakeney to see what effect the tidal surge of the night before had had on the village. The gang didn't get out of the Landy because it was cold and windy.

View attachment 86886
:D:inlove::D:inlove:

The finale to our little trip to Kettering was visiting The Blitz Tearoom and Jazz Lounge for afternoon tea. It's a 40s inspired tea room, as you can see.

View attachment 86766
The top picture shows Diane and Justin who run the tea room, with the little gang on and around the typewriter. Justin really got into the swing by sucking on a pipe (not lit) and holding a bust of Churchill (whose speech was played through speakers, along with an air raid siren!!!!). The menu was in the style of a ration book. The scone was huge with lashings of cream and jam. Yum.
You guys are always doing such fun stuff!! JAZZ TEAROOM... how cool is that??

Back
Top Bottom