Dolly Where in the World is Dolly??

Geez, their luggage nearly took us overweight! I have to say the Bourbon stayed at home. I'm a bit worried because I can't find the shoes. I think I put them somewhere 'safe' and now can't find them so they might end up following months later.

I rustled up the golf bag, clubs and hat quickly myself in polymer clay. I would normally have added more detail but a bit strapped for time. Not the best but hey 'Made in China' :lol:

View attachment 81161
OMG..... :inlove: !! :inlove: !! I can't believe you MADE them!!!! :notworthy: BRILLIANT. :notworthy:

Well, the caddies were standing with Tom on the higher tee and saw me scrambling on the ground with these things and then lying on my stomach to get the shot. Tom said they looked at him as if I was insane. He then explained that it was part of a competition. They came scrambling down to my tee to have a look and were tickled pink! They immediately asked me what their names were. I thought that quite interesting - that they totally expected them to have names even in this part of the world. When I said Dolly and Molly they were in fits of laughter and when I suggested a photo they were really keen.
Utterly brilliant. :D :D :D

Geez, their luggage nearly took us overweight! I have to say the Bourbon stayed at home. I'm a bit worried because I can't find the shoes. I think I put them somewhere 'safe' and now can't find them so they might end up following months later.

I rustled up the golf bag, clubs and hat quickly myself in polymer clay. I would normally have added more detail but a bit strapped for time. Not the best but hey 'Made in China' :lol:

View attachment 81161

You made those Ann? You're so artistic and clever.:notworthy:

I'm a bit worried because I can't find the shoes. I think I put them somewhere 'safe' and now can't find them so they might end up following months later.
You can stop looking! Dolly's shoes are somewhere in Santa Cruz. (I meant to say that when I sent the girls on, but I see now that I didn't. Oops.:oops:)

You can stop looking! Dolly's shoes are somewhere in Santa Cruz. (I meant to say that when I sent the girls on, but I see now that I didn't. Oops.:oops:)

Hilarious. Ann, never mind her golf clubs, iPhone and iPad Pro, desperately seeking little shoes for Dolly (and Molly?) which she thought she had, but never did. :lmao:

View attachment 81161
OMG...that is hysterical!:lmao::lmao:

Oh dear, I'm definitely going senile. I had this vague impression that I tried them on the feet and then put them back. Must have been in my dreams. Been counting sheep. :p

Here are Dolly and Molly watching the sun go down on Tanah Lot which is in walking distance from our hotel.

image.jpeg

An excerpt from Wiki:

Tanah Lot is claimed to be the work of the 16th-century Dang Hyang Nirartha. During his travels along the south coast he saw the rock-island's beautiful setting and rested there. Some fishermen saw him, and bought him gifts. Nirartha then spent the night on the little island. Later he spoke to the fishermen and told them to build a shrine on the rock, for he felt it to be a holy place to worship the Balinese sea gods.[3] The main deity of the temple is Dewa Baruna or Bhatara Segara, who is the sea god or sea power and these days, Nirartha is also worshipped here.[4]........

Restoration
In 1980, the temple's rock face was starting to crumble and the area around and inside the temple started to become dangerous.[5] The Japanese government then provided a loan to the Indonesian government of Rp 800 billion (approximately US$130 million[6]) to conserve the historic temple and other significant locations around Bali. As a result, over one third of Tanah Lot's "rock" is actually cleverly disguised artificial rock created during the Japanese-funded and supervised renovation and stabilization program.

Here are Dolly and Molly watching the sun go down on Tanah Lot which is in walking distance from our hotel.

View attachment 81186

An excerpt from Wiki:

Tanah Lot is claimed to be the work of the 16th-century Dang Hyang Nirartha. During his travels along the south coast he saw the rock-island's beautiful setting and rested there. Some fishermen saw him, and bought him gifts. Nirartha then spent the night on the little island. Later he spoke to the fishermen and told them to build a shrine on the rock, for he felt it to be a holy place to worship the Balinese sea gods.[3] The main deity of the temple is Dewa Baruna or Bhatara Segara, who is the sea god or sea power and these days, Nirartha is also worshipped here.[4]........

Restoration
In 1980, the temple's rock face was starting to crumble and the area around and inside the temple started to become dangerous.[5] The Japanese government then provided a loan to the Indonesian government of Rp 800 billion (approximately US$130 million[6]) to conserve the historic temple and other significant locations around Bali. As a result, over one third of Tanah Lot's "rock" is actually cleverly disguised artificial rock created during the Japanese-funded and supervised renovation and stabilization program.

Thanks for the info Ann. Brilliant. Is that a chink of a cocktail glass I hear in the background? :lol:

View attachment 81186

An excerpt from Wiki:

Restoration
Ahhhh....what a beautiful place!

Thanks for the info Ann. Brilliant. Is that a chink of a cocktail glass I hear in the background? :lol:
Actually, there are about 10 tatty cafes all in a row opposite the temple and I was hard pressed to order anything because I don't like fizzy drinks but I still went for the dodgy fresh coconut and glad to be alive :D. Tom settled for a much safer coke. :p

RoseCat, where do you want me to send Dolly and Molly from here? John, Jilly and then Jilly passes to Gouvy and then Australia? Or Australia first? Hong Kong post is cheap so it makes no odds to me.

Actually, there are about 10 tatty cafes all in a row opposite the temple and I was hard pressed to order anything because I don't like fizzy drinks but I still went for the dodgy fresh coconut and glad to be alive :D. Tom settled for a much safer coke. :p

:eek::lol:

RoseCat, where do you want me to send Dolly and Molly from here? John, Jilly and then Jilly passes to Gouvy and then Australia? Or Australia first? Hong Kong post is cheap so it makes no odds to me.
Here's their current itinerary:

Dolly & Molly's Itinerary
  1. RoseCat Cat, New Jersey
  2. dscheff Jeffrey, Georgia
  3. MsDee, St. Petersburg, Florida
  4. deepop David, Northampton, Massachusetts
  5. lamkentucky Leslee, Kentucky
  6. ValeriGail Valeri, Texas
  7. lisamjw Lisa, Texas
  8. CurMichFar Curt, Winnipeg, MB
  9. lkbside Leslie, Santa Fe, New Mexico
  10. mwolfer Mel, Oregon
  11. terse Ted, Santa Cruz, California
  12. FotoLumos Tara, San Bernadino, California
  13. ImageArt Ann, Hong Kong
  14. Aaron Davis, Australia
  15. Jasongag, Australia
  16. GroovyGouvy Germany
  17. JillyG Jilly, England

Last edited:
But maybe you show the girls 29 different pups and beers and Jilly shows 29 different landscapes or landmarks. As long as they are getting sober the might see the difference? [emoji16]

PS: And England is full of so many different things. I mean I wouldn't go back to London for the 20th time if I've seen it all. And there is more than just the big city. And even the beaches are different. And the counties. Wish I had years to walk it all!

Back
Top Bottom