MobiColour RESULT: MC #84 Theme: RED Sept 4-10

Sarcasm. I use it on a daily basis (I do love it so!) and it's much easier to get across in real life as you have voice intonations, facial expressions, etc to show you're being sarcastic. Although if someone is proficient in the art of very "dry" sarcasm it can be really hard to know if they're serious or joking, even in person. I think our sinnerjohn John might fall into this category? :whistle: ;) I try to use quotes, highlighting, emojis etc to show when I'm being sarcastic, but sometimes it's just really hard to convey in writing.

Sometimes I'm John, sometimes I'm you, the doom to be me. [emoji51][emoji4][emoji1][emoji23]

I couldn't remember recent themes. I looked in the gallery but wasn't sure what the theme was each week. I think it would be helpful if we listed the theme along with the winning images in the gallery. Is that possible?

Second this for EVERY gallery! Once I swept through – think it was the b/w one – I wished for theme and date. [emoji106]

Very sensible idea: thank you. We'll probably sort that a bit at a time, depending how good our memories are :)

I've started adding the themes to the images in the MC Winners Gallery. I haven't added dates bcs the Challenges are numbered and all the dates are listed in the titles in the Challenges thread -- and bcs my patience wouldn't extend that far.

I'm enjoying the browse through the winning images, and remembering previous challenges.

And I'm not even halfway through yet and I'm noticing some themes appearing more than once in slightly different form (so far I've seen three versions of a 'Green' theme) and a theme or two that I would repeat in a heartbeat.

Talented as we all are :mobibabe: I don't think we're in any danger of exhausting the possibilities of any given theme in the course of a week. Or three or six or fifty.

And noticing that some images won for (amongst other things) their sheer beauty, or technical excellence, or clever interpretation, I'm even more convinced that context is everything and even more supportive of images appearing that have been posted elsewhere (and/or in previous MC Challenges).

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-brighton-rock-candy-sticks-35552237.html
Also cane-shaped.
If you google 'Brighton rock candy shop' you'll bypass the movie (!) and see lots of these wrapped sticks. Another feature (not just Brighton rock) is the stamped inside :)

Edit: and I missed John's already-posted link :/

Oh wow!! Nothing like I imagined or have ever seen. :thumbs: I thought they were like these: http://www.candystore.com/rock-candy-crystal-sticks-colors/

Oh wow!! Nothing like I imagined or have ever seen. :thumbs: I thought they were like these: http://www.candystore.com/rock-candy-crystal-sticks-colors/

Oh. I must admit I raised a [metaphorical] eyebrow (I've never been able to do that wonderful enigmatic thing that we're all hoping rizole will in time not only do again but also post pics ...)

Where was I. Oh yes, I've been learning a bit about prisons and drugs/drug trafficking (the lower end) and drug laws lately. I know what an eightball is :mobibabe: <-- serious street cred. Finally. At my advanced age.

Where was I. Oh yes. So when you mentioned Rock & Candy & Crystals I, um, didn't raise an eyebrow but would have if I could. Right? o_O

Sawbo Box... :whistle:
_DSC00530053.jpg

For Jennifer zenjenny ...:D

Please don't ever take me serious when I add smiling faces. Not sure if you should when I add serious ones. Maybe in future times I should add foot notes from one to ten to indicate how serious I mean it. /3
That means seriously. But not very (2) or strict (1). Still smiling. [emoji4]
And please don't doubt or underestimate my sense of humour. /1 [emoji89]
:lmao: Your sense of humour was never in doubt.:inlove:

I've started adding the themes to the images in the MC Winners Gallery. I haven't added dates bcs the Challenges are numbered and all the dates are listed in the titles in the Challenges thread -- and bcs my patience wouldn't extend that far.
Just a thought. Would it have been possible to put the theme on the title so like #Mobi 83 Orange ? As you still have to open each image to find the theme.

Sarcasm. I use it on a daily basis (I do love it so!) and it's much easier to get across in real life as you have voice intonations, facial expressions, etc to show you're being sarcastic. Although if someone is proficient in the art of very "dry" sarcasm it can be really hard to know if they're serious or joking, even in person. I think our sinnerjohn John might fall into this category? :whistle: ;) I try to use quotes, highlighting, emojis etc to show when I'm being sarcastic, but sometimes it's just really hard to convey in writing.

I find I'm very often misunderstood if I'm sarcastic in writing, also in meeting new people. I try to tone it down until better aquatinted.

Oh. I must admit I raised a [metaphorical] eyebrow (I've never been able to do that wonderful enigmatic thing that we're all hoping rizole will in time not only donagain but also post pics ...)

Where was I. Oh yes, I've been learning a bit about prisons and drugs/drug trafficking (the lower end) and drug laws lately. I know what an eightball is :mobibabe: <-- serious street cred. Finally. At my advanced age.

Where was I. Oh yes. So when you mentioned Rock & Candy & Crystals I, um, didn't raise an eyebrow but would have if I could. Right? o_O
HA!!! I didn't even get that before, but now you've pointed it out....... duh..... and LOL!!

We'll just start calling you Law & Order: Special ZenJen Forces. :mobibabe:

Note to everyone: that's bcs Cat does just about everything around here, so she's speechless when something (even a little thing like that) gets done without her.
That was NOT a *little* thing. :notworthy:
And I am wholly unworthy of your kind compliment....but I thank you any way.

Back
Top Bottom