Star’s 2024 365 or is it 366?

What’s going on :eek: Is it Classic or the newer one? I often have problems with Classic.
The new one. It acts like it’s taken a picture but when I try to look at the picture, the app crashes. In my photos I have a blank image with warning mark on it.

2/3
Took a ride to Summerhill Brewing. It was a lovely ride, about 45 minutes, in the sunshine. We did flights so between the two of us we were able to try 7 different beers. Surprisingly the mint chocolate beer worked quite well. Not something I would order a pint of but certainly not bad.

IMG_1995.jpeg

It’s like the beach ball of death…..It loads the image directly into the tune image editor Then an arrow just spins and spins. All the controls are frozen. It’s the same on all my iPads, but works on my iPhone.
I deleted and reinstalled. It’s working now. Oddly, yesterday the iPads all refused to properly open Snapseed. And now they all work. :thinking:

The new one. It acts like it’s taken a picture but when I try to look at the picture, the app crashes. In my photos I have a blank image with warning mark on it.
Strange. I just tested - no problems :thinking: BTW: I love your new avatar - is it Mixerpiece? In that case I can tell you that MP is an app that doesn't work at all on my devices anymore :)

HMOriginal-7A837910-F020-4E06-B90F-1545F92AF2A2.jpeg

Strange. I just tested - no problems :thinking: BTW: I love your new avatar - is it Mixerpiece? In that case I can tell you that MP is an app that doesn't work at all on my devices anymore :)

View attachment 200007
Yes it’s Mixerpiece. I was scrolling through old pictures and found it. I googled the Hipsta problem seems I’m not the only one getting crashes but no solutions

Oddly, yesterday the iPads all refused to properly open Snapseed. And now they all work. :thinking:
Gremlins.

When an app starts behaving badly, I can sometimes get it going again by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to get the list of recent apps, and then swiping up on the problem app to kick it out of the list. When you launch the app again, it starts fresh instead of trying to load what you were doing before, and often that's enough.

I just discovered I haven’t installed iPad OS 17.3 yet. It makes me wonder if I should - if that was part of the problem. It’s good to hear it’s straightened out.
I have 17.3 on my devices since the day they were released. I haven’t discovered any new weirdnesses - yet :geek:

Gremlins.

When an app starts behaving badly, I can sometimes get it going again by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to get the list of recent apps, and then swiping up on the problem app to kick it out of the list. When you launch the app again, it starts fresh instead of trying to load what you were doing before, and often that's enough.
I do close my apps every day.

I just discovered I haven’t installed iPad OS 17.3 yet. It makes me wonder if I should - if that was part of the problem. It’s good to hear it’s straightened out.
I had upgraded before the problem started. Of course that doesn’t mean it wasn’t contributing to the problem.

2/4
A glorious sunny morning. I like the way this image has a light leak look. Native camera no edits. I had to do an edit because the file was too big. That’s happening all the time since I got the iPhone 15. My first go to is HandyPhoto, but it brought in the image in landscape mode and it was all distorted. I then tried Snapseed, which bought in the image looking like a few filters had already been applied. What is going on? Do I have an app curse on me? Is it my iPad? Finally used iColorama and saved it as a jpeg.
IMG_1996.jpeg

I had to do an edit because the file was too big. That’s happening all the time since I got the iPhone 15. My first go to is HandyPhoto, but it brought in the image in landscape mode and it was all distorted. I then tried Snapseed, which bought in the image looking like a few filters had already been applied.
What format are your shots being saved in -- JPG, HEIC, or ProRaw? If it's ProRaw, some older apps may not understand it, though Snapseed should.

2/4
A glorious sunny morning. I like the way this image has a light leak look. Native camera no edits. I had to do an edit because the file was too big. That’s happening all the time since I got the iPhone 15. My first go to is HandyPhoto, but it brought in the image in landscape mode and it was all distorted. I then tried Snapseed, which bought in the image looking like a few filters had already been applied. What is going on? Do I have an app curse on me? Is it my iPad? Finally used iColorama and saved it as a jpeg.
View attachment 200036
When my photos are too big for posting I resize them by going an export in Photomator and choose Custom for size and have the max width set to 1500 pix. terse gave me this solution - please Ted I think you can describe this better than I can. I sometimes also use a dedicated app for resizing.

When my photos are too big for posting I resize them by going an export in Photomator and choose Custom for size and have the max width set to 1500 pix. terse gave me this solution - please Ted I think you can describe this better than I can. I sometimes also use a dedicated app for resizing.
Yes, if you've already got Photomator, I think that's the best way to go, using the custom size as you describe. The last time I looked, though, the app had gone subscription, and didn't seem like a great deal. Fortunately for me, I'd already bought it outright and they grandparented me in. If I didn't have Photomator already, I'd probably fall back to BigPhoto, which is what I used before. (I'd probably also poke around to see if there's anything better these days.)

I had to do an edit because the file was too big. That’s happening all the time since I got the iPhone 15.
Another thought: When shooting with the main camera (1x), there are two options for saving -- 48mp and 12mp. The 48mp files are quite large and would undoubtedly be too big for the MobiTog upload routine to handle if you didn't resize.

As I understand it, the 48mp option gives you pixel-for-pixel what the sensor records. The 12mp option combines 4 pixels into one (computational pixel-binning stuff goes on here) and is supposed to produce images with lower noise, better color (I think), and possibly other qualities. I stick with the 48mp images on my 14 Pro -- they look fine to me and give me more freedom to crop (and I crop almost everything).

The 48/12 setting should be in Settings -> Camera.

Another thought: When shooting with the main camera (1x), there are two options for saving -- 48mp and 12mp. The 48mp files are quite large and would undoubtedly be too big for the MobiTog upload routine to handle if you didn't resize.

As I understand it, the 48mp option gives you pixel-for-pixel what the sensor records. The 12mp option combines 4 pixels into one (computational pixel-binning stuff goes on here) and is supposed to produce images with lower noise, better color (I think), and possibly other qualities. I stick with the 48mp images on my 14 Pro -- they look fine to me and give me more freedom to crop (and I crop almost everything).

The 48/12 setting should be in Settings -> Camera.
I prefer the 48mp. Handy Phots was my go to, but since iColorama has is couple fewer steps and I am very familiar with it, I’ll stick with that as long as it works. I don’t know why I didn’t’ think of it before. If I work in it I always save one at PNG (in case I want to print) and one jpeg, to post on Mobitog. I then delete the jpeg.

2/3
Took a ride to Summerhill Brewing. It was a lovely ride, about 45 minutes, in the sunshine. We did flights so between the two of us we were able to try 7 different beers. Surprisingly the mint chocolate beer worked quite well. Not something I would order a pint of but certainly not bad.

View attachment 200004
Plato’s haze :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom