Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

10/17
We took a ride to Ithaca, NY to the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Mike is checking on new binoculars for bird watching.
093130AF-328D-4CE0-8A51-81AC4CB4DCF1.jpeg

E52C1757-C971-4E90-B360-284CC9716586.jpeg

BB832168-EE62-46C9-96EE-4D5DFE2B0EC5.jpeg

A Goose through one of the spotting scopes. Tricky
90156DB9-AF2E-4096-B294-A4DABDA2C4CA.jpeg

So do we. In fact, that app is what Mike gave up his flip phone for. :lmao:
Did that. The adapter never worked right and for some reason the scope gave me motion sickness. Mike has a smaller one, I can look through for a bit, but for now I’ll stick to my binoculars. Here’s one of the few images I managed to get from my old scope.
A4A25702-E029-44BD-A537-21E63DA7AC8B.jpeg

Did that. The adapter never worked right and for some reason the scope gave me motion sickness. Mike has a smaller one, I can look through for a bit, but for now I’ll stick to my binoculars. Here’s one of the few images I managed to get from my old scope.
View attachment 186771
Nice! It's got a Chinese scroll painting look to it.

View attachment 186771
Were you looking from the wrong end? :lol:

Wow, your camera captured the wing shapes of those geese even on the very tiniest ones! I expected them to be just tiny blobs.
I wish I could tell you that it was purposeful, but in the image I took last week, when the eagles spooked them, there were a lot of blobs. Guess I got lucky this time!

It’s been quiet around here… maybe because it’s been unseasonably warm and has just started being fall-like. I love when they fly over my house!
It’s very weird, all week the entire time we were there, about 1/2 hour for the walk, the geese never stopped. It was flock after flock, by the thousands. Then, today, we saw two, normal sized flocks. We almost felt lonely!

10/20
Another trip to Ithaca for Mike to make the big purchase. A new pair of Binoculars. This is out the window where a line of chairs and a few spotting scopes are set up.
Hipsta
C951D2BA-327E-4BE3-A22B-1210BF9C21ED.jpeg

Last edited:
10/21
I tried my hand at some Eco-printing with a bunch of rusty nails and a rusty chain I procured from our most creepy basement, and the handy dandy aluminum pot I bought at the shady junk store. I used some cheap wood pieces that I think were meant to be painted on to hold layers of various papers, muslin foliage I collected from our walks, yard and my flower pots. The idea is to use the rusty water to set the imprint of the tannins in the leaves and such.
The best results were on the water color paper.
40D96C3C-3663-497C-9ECD-3A5FE2E4524B.jpeg

Paper…rice paper is a bad idea. Copy paper and deli paper (called something else in the UK, grease proof, maybe?) worked pretty good.
CF0DB1E8-32B8-417B-9823-E3189978261F.jpeg

The muslin mixed reviews.
B40B36CB-0D0F-4F41-A63A-E0017DEC4D8C.jpeg

10/21
I tried my hand at some Eco-printing with a bunch of rusty nails and a rusty chain I procured from our most creepy basement, and the handy dandy aluminum pot I bought at the shady junk store. I used some cheap wood pieces that I think were meant to be painted on to hold layers of various papers, muslin foliage I collected from our walks, yard and my flower pots. The idea is to use the rusty water to set the imprint of the tannins in the leaves and such.
The best results were on the water color paper.
View attachment 187001
Paper…rice paper is a bad idea. Copy paper and deli paper (called something else in the UK, grease proof, maybe?) worked pretty good. View attachment 187002
The muslin mixed reviews.
View attachment 187003
Wow, I’m super impressed. I love them all!

Back
Top Bottom