Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

10/21
I tried my hand at some Eco-printing with a bunch of rusty nails and a rusty chain I procured from our most creepy basement, and the handy dandy aluminum pot I bought at the shady junk store. I used some cheap wood pieces that I think were meant to be painted on to hold layers of various papers, muslin foliage I collected from our walks, yard and my flower pots. The idea is to use the rusty water to set the imprint of the tannins in the leaves and such.
The best results were on the water color paper.
View attachment 187001
Paper…rice paper is a bad idea. Copy paper and deli paper (called something else in the UK, grease proof, maybe?) worked pretty good. View attachment 187002
The muslin mixed reviews.
View attachment 187003
These are so wonderful!! How fun!

Called butcher paper out here, I think. That watercolor paper works a treat and outshines all the others.
I was rather pleased with the way that worked. It’s much sturdier than the rice paper and still sort of fades into a collage when it’s used.

Yeah, that first one - maple leaf? - is beautiful.
It’s not. I did have mostly maple leaves. We have three different maples in our yard. Well, my neighbor has two GORGEOUS red maples that I absolutely covet, but he doesn’t mind that help myself to his leaves. In fact, encouraged me to take all the leaves! :lmao: But this is a Sycamore Leaf. The neighbor on the other side has one and it is huge! The leaves are huge too. This one was the size of my hand and one of the smaller ones that I could find.

10/22
We wanted to walk on Howland’s Island. It’s open to the public and hunting is allowed, but in all our years we’ve never seen more than a couple. The parking lot was packed with pickups and orange camo. We took our walk down the road a bit. Deep Muck Marsh is the the name of it and it’s part of the Northern Cayuga Wildlife Management Area. We’ve walked this area a few times. There is a cemetary tucked back in there that is very old but very well cared for. We took the other path.

DC7FBA70-39E2-4F99-AC25-89773734D6BF.jpeg

53AC73E7-327D-4EF9-80AA-117B8C82411E.jpeg

A3C45167-5800-4765-982A-CF8BD7D45F45.jpeg

10/22
We wanted to walk on Howland’s Island. It’s open to the public and hunting is allowed, but in all our years we’ve never seen more than a couple. The parking lot was packed with pickups and orange camo. We took our walk down the road a bit. Deep Muck Marsh is the the name of it and it’s part of the Northern Cayuga Wildlife Management Area. We’ve walked this area a few times. There is a cemetary tucked back in there that is very old but very well cared for. We took the other path.

View attachment 187044

View attachment 187045

View attachment 187046
Fantastic photos - like walking in a fairytale. Me too always avoid hunters. Here it’s the time of the year that moose killing is allowed. It seems the hunters have other things to do. Only seen two hunters since the season opened in the beginning of the month

Last edited:
10/22

View attachment 187044

View attachment 187045

View attachment 187046
Oh, what a beautiful place. I’d feel a bit nervous out there with all those hunters. “Deep Muck Marsh” :lmao: That’s what I’m going to call it around here soon - we’re heading into our winter i.e. nonstop rain.

10/29

Another version of the sun through the trees.
Hipsta
7768CDF6-28E3-4D47-A9BC-1FDDF55736A7.jpeg

A new drag strip. It’s at a former army depot, they’re racing down an airstrip. Very bare bones, no guard rails, no christmas tree, just a guy with a flashlight that says “go” when he turns it on. It’s an anything goes sort of thing. There were a lot of cars with nitrous. I took a bunch of images.
67A0030D-7A6C-4FC3-A911-538D4B430DA6.jpeg

7DB10FDA-802D-42E5-BCD0-DEAD8014D67D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom