Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

1/28
No edit
Joe and Jaelee
9DBBEEB5-1EC4-48C8-A5A8-ED5263C040CB.jpeg

2DE0745C-AE99-45A4-950A-22230E75AA0E.jpeg

Olympus made some wonderful small fixed lens 35mm film cameras. That's a generic 35mm SLR in the front for a rough size comparison, and then left to right: Olympus XA, Olympus Trip 35, Olympus 35 RC, and Olympus Stylus Epic. All four have good f2.8 lenses and can take excellent photos. The XA and the 35 RC have true rangefinder focusing, the Trip has zone focusing, and the Stylus has autofocus (and autoexposure). The Trip doesn't need a battery and gets its exposure from the photoelectric cells surrounding the lens; the other three need batteries to function. The Stylus Epic is a true snapshot camera, auto-everything and very good at it; it's also the smallest (by a smidge over the XA). The 35RC offers the greatest manual control. All four are quiet when shooting.

Hi, here are a couple of pics of the Trip 35, including a comparison with the Pen f m43 camera.
View attachment 176039View attachment 176040

View attachment 176056

Olympus made some wonderful small fixed lens 35mm film cameras. That's a generic 35mm SLR in the front for a rough size comparison, and then left to right: Olympus XA, Olympus Trip 35, Olympus 35 RC, and Olympus Stylus Epic. All four have good f2.8 lenses and can take excellent photos. The XA and the 35 RC have true rangefinder focusing, the Trip has zone focusing, and the Stylus has autofocus (and autoexposure). The Trip doesn't need a battery and gets its exposure from the photoelectric cells surrounding the lens; the other three need batteries to function. The Stylus Epic is a true snapshot camera, auto-everything and very good at it; it's also the smallest (by a smidge over the XA). The 35RC offers the greatest manual control. All four are quiet when shooting.
Thanks. I get the idea. I was just curious, and was thinking how much fun it would be to have a small SLR. Which is silly on my part as I already have 2 SLRs, a twin lens and fine digital Canon 50D that are nestled in a drawer. I also have film. :oops:

Thanks. I get the idea. I was just curious,
What, you don't want more pictures of obscure film cameras? :eek:

These all happened to be out because I'm in the process of saying good-bye to them (and their brethren and sistren). I'm trying to strip my home office bare in hopes that'll spark some creativity.

What, you don't want more pictures of obscure film cameras? :eek:

These all happened to be out because I'm in the process of saying good-bye to them (and their brethren and sistren). I'm trying to strip my home office bare in hopes that'll spark some creativity.
Nope, got a couple of my own. Less than I thought. I was sure I had 2 SLRs. So what are you doing with yours? I’d like to unload mine, too. Along with about a tractor trailer load of extraneous stuff.

87664EF0-6CC1-4932-AB72-AD4F06EBA447.jpeg

Nope, got a couple of my own. Less than I thought. I was sure I had 2 SLRs. So what are you doing with yours? I’d like to unload mine, too. Along with about a tractor trailer load of extraneous stuff.

View attachment 176116
The better stuff I'll probably box up and sell to keh.com. I thought about eBay, but that's too much work and takes too long. The rest will probably go to thrift stores to provide excitement for the occasional nostalgia collector.

So about 4.5x 3 Inches. (Sorry, us pesky Americans) That’s pretty small.
It is small, but discrete too. Ideal for street work and fits nicely in a big pocket or bag. I'm running infrared film in it at the mo, as soon as I finish the roll ill show you the results. Its a vintage camera, but ive bever shot with it before, so be curious to see how it goes.

It is small, but discrete too. Ideal for street work and fits nicely in a big pocket or bag. I'm running infrared film in it at the mo, as soon as I finish the roll ill show you the results. Its a vintage camera, but ive bever shot with it before, so be curious to see how it goes.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom