ubbyisis' playground and gallery

View towards the north

Native cam macro mode - tiny edits in PTG for BW and for more crispity on the wet snow

E04E2D88-C07E-4284-BB55-4445F72416EC.jpeg

original:

A5D777D5-EA7C-4466-BAB5-46634EC94605.jpeg

True colours - is there such thing?

This is not a real photo post, but a post about what “real colours” are. As we Mobitoggers all know coulours of the same object can vary a lot with different light, different gear etc. I didn’t want to take up that discussions last week when a person I follow on Insta stated she was so angry of people using filters etc for photos of flowers (her account is about gardening). As you all know I like fiddling around and make the colours more vivid, just because it makes me feel happier. But here comes today’s great discovery. It’s about my glasses :cool: My ”real” super expensive glasses are about 5 yrs old know and I guess my sight has deteriorated these yrs. I think I earlier wrote I bought a few pairs of cheap glasses at the supermarket because I don’t want to spend the money I will need for my next iPhone:lmao::whistle:o_O

Here’s the thing. All coulurs around me transform to super vivid when I use the cheap stronger glasses. With my real glasses on it goes back to dull colours, almost like snapshots from when I was a kid in the 70s. So if anyone thinks I use too much colours it could be this glasses thing ;) I still think one can do whatever one likes with images though.

As for everything else there are no “true” colours. DH is partly colour-blind by the way. Many misunderstandings between us because of that, for ex when we’re out hunting mushrooms.

This was long and I really don’t know why I posted it here instead of just keeping it in my head :rolleyes::alien:

It’s all about which glasses we wear, real glasses or in a metaphorical sense

38F8C89A-2FC5-43B6-888F-A69EFC8A3BE0.jpeg
48CF6D8E-93B9-48E7-8512-379E320EA68D.jpeg

This is not a real photo post, but a post about what “real colours” are. As we Mobitoggers all know coulours of the same object can vary a lot with different light, different gear etc. I didn’t want to take up that discussions last week when a person I follow on Insta stated she was so angry of people using filters etc for photos of flowers (her account is about gardening). As you all know I like fiddling around and make the colours more vivid, just because it makes me feel happier. But here comes today’s great discovery. It’s about my glasses :cool: My ”real” super expensive glasses are about 5 yrs old know and I guess my sight has deteriorated these yrs. I think I earlier wrote I bought a few pairs of cheap glasses at the supermarket because I don’t want to spend the money I will need for my next iPhone:lmao::whistle:o_O

Here’s the thing. All coulurs around me transform to super vivid when I use the cheap stronger glasses. With my real glasses on it goes back to dull colours, almost like snapshots from when I was a kid in the 70s. So if anyone thinks I use too much colours it could be this glasses thing ;) I still think one can do whatever one likes with images though.

As for everything else there are no “true” colours. DH is partly colour-blind by the way. Many misunderstandings between us because of that, for ex when we’re out hunting mushrooms.

This was long and I really don’t know why I posted it here instead of just keeping it in my head :rolleyes::alien:

View attachment 177137View attachment 177138
I’m glad you shared your thoughts.:hearteyes:

I can’t see without my glasses. Everything is just blurry blobs. So I sat here for several minutes taking my glasses on and off and looking at different things around the room and different images. The one thing I found out was the kitchen colors all seem more orange without my glasses. (Probably the light) I don’t suppose this means anything except I was rather entertained by it.

I can’t see without my glasses. Everything is just blurry blobs. So I sat here for several minutes taking my glasses on and off and looking at different things around the room and different images. The one thing I found out was the kitchen colors all seem more orange without my glasses. (Probably the light) I don’t suppose this means anything except I was rather entertained by it.
Yes, it really is kind of entertaining. Perhaps I should start a career as a cool influencer and sell this as a mindfulness technique :whistle:

I can equally appreciate the natural color of a flower in my garden and a manipulated image of the same flower. Do we have to choose one over another or can we enjoy each? As for the glasses, I'd go with the ones that help you read and keep you from bumping into walls.

I can equally appreciate the natural color of a flower in my garden and a manipulated image of the same flower. Do we have to choose one over another or can we enjoy each? As for the glasses, I'd go with the ones that help you read and keep you from bumping into walls.
My cheap glasses from the supermarket are perfect for reading AND vividifies all colours. But I think the bump-into-walls-risk is higher with those on :) No accidents yet though:thumbs: As for the flowers - of course we don’t have to choose. But the thing that intrigues me the most is “which colours are natural” - The ones I see with my old glasses or are the new ones presenting me the “true/natural” colours? And what about my DHs colours. They sure are true for him :cool:

My cheap glasses from the supermarket are perfect for reading AND vividifies all colours. But I think the bump-into-walls-risk is higher with those on :) No accidents yet though:thumbs: As for the flowers - of course we don’t have to choose. But the thing that intrigues me the most is “which colours are natural” - The ones I see with my old glasses or are the new ones presenting me the “true/natural” colours? And what about my DHs colours. They sure are true for him :cool:
Ahhh, that old conundrum - do we all see colours the same (clearly not in the case of colour blindness)?

I read a discussion recently in some other photography forum about something like this. Apparently as you develop cataracts, your color vision gets yellower. A couple of photographers who'd had cataract surgery mentioned they'd gone back to re-edit photos from the near past because now the color balance looked off to them.

The interesting thing about sight is that it is ‘learnt’. As far as I understand, if you get your sight back due to an operation, it is not instant. Your mind has to start working out what objects are and it only returns gradually so I am sure we all see things slightly differently. A friend of mine met up with an old friend she hadn’t seen since they were in their 20s. They travelled Europe together for a month and they were reminiscing and my friend told me they both remembered a completely different version of the event such that it could have been almost a completely different holiday.

'
This reminds me of a recent optical illusion the teacher in my classroom shared. We were at odds over it. It was a photo of a dress. Some of us perceived it as black and blue and others saw white and gold. We were all looking at the same photo. I even walked around the room to see if I could find the right light to see the gold and white. I tried to pick out the original image from google but there were so many and they all looked different to me.
This is one of the images. It isn’t either of the combo I remember so maybe it isn’t the one we looked at. I see blue and gold.
E7CC4534-65C3-4364-8E92-595FA39B97CC.png

I googled “optical illustion dress” if you want to research it. Here’s the Wiki explanation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

'

This reminds me of a recent optical illusion the teacher in my classroom shared. We were at odds over it. It was a photo of a dress. Some of us perceived it as black and blue and others saw white and gold. We were all looking at the same photo. I even walked around the room to see if I could find the right light to see the gold and white. I tried to pick out the original image from google but there were so many and they all looked different to me.
This is one of the images. It isn’t either of the combo I remember so maybe it isn’t the one we looked at. I see blue and gold.
View attachment 177159
I googled “optical illustion dress” if you want to research it. Here’s the Wiki explanation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress
You see blue and gold?? I see blue and a nasty sort of grey.:confused:

'

View attachment 177159
Thanks - I will reward myself with diving deep into this later. Right now I’m stuck with Linus’ administration. He’s changing workplace and there are tons of horrible forms and persons to talk with. It will be great for him with the new place though. At least I think so. Before the optical illusions I’ll get another reward - off to Linus for the traditional espresso and raspberries Hooray :thumbs::inlove:

Thanks - I will reward myself with diving deep into this later. Right now I’m stuck with Linus’ administration. He’s changing workplace and there are tons of horrible forms and persons to talk with. It will be great for him with the new place though. At least I think so. Before the optical illusions I’ll get another reward - off to Linus for the traditional espresso and raspberries Hooray :thumbs::inlove:
I’d appreciate if you do look into later, if just so you guys don’t think I’m crazy! And good for Linus (sorry for your paper work) it seems like he has had more than his share of upsets lately.

I see blue and gold, although the gold is rather greenish.
I think it’s not the same image. As I said when I tried to google it I got dozens of dresses. There are all different variations of the same dress, blue and black, some gold and white and some like this one. The teacher had a power point that she downloaded with a bunch of optical illusions on it. All I can say we had split among us as to what colors we were seeing.

I’d appreciate if you do look into later, if just so you guys don’t think I’m crazy! And good for Linus (sorry for your paper work) it seems like he has had more than his share of upsets lately.
I sure will do that. I need some distraction. We got hooked up at Linus’s place longer than planned. We had a great time and he had even set the coffee table before we arrived. But the bad thing was that his Apple Watch has lost connection with his phone. Oh, what have we done to deserve this :alien: In the end we had to leave although we hadn’t solved the problem. DH will go back there tomorrow :whistle:

Talking about glasses - when I put on a pair of my cheap glasses to see all the colours :whistle: Linus did this

no edit

67FE1C48-405F-48A2-B410-5175461C844F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom