What are you watching?

My mind is numb after last nights Westworld finale. The critics have not been too pleased with series 3 but I say bah humbug, I've loved every minute of it.

I liked it, it was a little slow in parts, but I guess that was the idea. Very stylish, well acted, one of the best Amazon series I've seen.
That looks interesting.:thumbs:
Yes... just gorgeously filmed. It's set in the '70s, so lots of brown and tan and orange, and a wonderful juxtaposition of the tech from the '70s (phones, cars, etc) mixed with supernatural stuff from the loop and cool retro mechanical robots. Wonderful acting, and so many poignant moments. I could watch this show for hours!!

Yes... just gorgeously filmed. It's set in the '70s, so lots of brown and tan and orange, and a wonderful juxtaposition of the tech from the '70s (phones, cars, etc) mixed with supernatural stuff from the loop and cool retro mechanical robots. Wonderful acting, and so many poignant moments. I could watch this show for hours!!
I think its actually set in the future, but just a future that looks like the 70's :lol:

I think its actually set in the future, but just a future that looks like the 70's :lol:
I don't think so.... if you look at the dates on Cole's library book, the most current ones are in the '70s. It's an alternate reality to ours.

D5D9D154-AF1F-45AB-B33A-D458FECC60AF.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finished all of "Dark"... OMG, L.O.V.E.D it.
Now I'm on to "Ozark"... basically it's Breaking Bad in the Hillbilly Hills. :lol: Sooooo good though!!! Justin Bateman and Laura Linney are marvelous. And the character, Ruth, is fab.... love her.

Now I'm on to "Ozark"... basically it's Breaking Bad in the Hillbilly Hills. :lol: Sooooo good though!!! Justin Bateman and Laura Linney are marvelous. And the character, Ruth, is fab.... love her.
Not watched the finall season of the Dark yet, but I will. I found it a little oppressive actually, interesting though. Ozark is on my radar but I'm still on the final season of The Wire at the mo.

We watched Tales from the Loop. I thought it was really clever. :thumbs:

The scenery is amazing. Why didn’t I know about this place before I decided never to fly again?:lol:

As mention elsewhere I've been watching 'The Wire'. Finished now, ok it ran from 2002 to 2008 so I was late to the party but still.
Well worth 60 hours of your life, possibly the greatest TV drama ever made. If you've not seen it I recommend unreservedly.

As mention elsewhere I've been watching 'The Wire'. Finished now, ok it ran from 2002 to 2008 so I was late to the party but still.
Well worth 60 hours of your life, possibly the greatest TV drama ever made. If you've not seen it I recommend unreservedly.
Agreed. Brilliant series.

In a rare moment of unconditional agreement with John: ”Couldn’t put it better myself” We watched it three times btwn 2002-05 (looking for it again now) and haven’t changed my mind.

A couple of recommended movies.....
Days of the bagnold summer
A drama with humour about a teen and his mother who have to spend a summer together. If you have teenagers it might feel a bit close to home but a feel good movie.

Why Don't You Just Die is a whole other animal. Not for those who don't like violence but that said, the violence is almost comedic. Almost.
A Russian movie that feels like a Spaghetti Western/Tarantino crossover, the scene setup/cinematography is great, the tension high and it's sometimes difficult to know if you should laugh or gasp.

Both highly recommended.

Last edited:
Now that you added the description: NOPE
Ok I'm giving the wrong impression, maybe I should have said very uncomfortable. Its a sign of the times drama about black lives that are not normally depicted in horror/fantasy type films. This week's episode was all about white privilege and metamorphosis. The music is really well researched, its made this old man listen to many a new thing.

Ok I'm giving the wrong impression, maybe I should have said very uncomfortable. Its a sign of the times drama about black lives that are not normally depicted in horror/fantasy type films. This week's episode was all about white privilege and metamorphosis. The music is really well researched, its made this old man listen to many a new thing.
Ahhhh.... okay, that sounds better than *horror*.

Well, I’m watching Raised by Wolves, but it certainly isn’t sci-fi and there’s not a whiff of Ridley Scott about it, but it’s funny, and rude. :lol:
Erm............are you watching the right show? Two androids are placed in charge of saving the human race after a cataclysmic war on earth, by raising children birthed by the female android who's been carrying their embryos thousands of miles across the galaxy :rolleyes:

Erm............are you watching the right show? Two androids are placed in charge of saving the human race after a cataclysmic war on earth, by raising children birthed by the female android who's been carrying their embryos thousands of miles across the galaxy :rolleyes:
Well, if one of the androids is from the Midlands, with five children and a pair of randy grandparents, then I think it‘s the right one. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom