Ann’s Arty Attempts

Okay, now for something completely different....

Apps: iColorama, Affinity, Imaengine, Photoshop Mix, SuperPhoto, AremaC. Hmm, was there any app I didn’t use. :lol:

Paisley Fish

055206A8-929E-4CFB-81CE-EA808DF0A83A.jpeg

Last edited:
Still experimenting with SketchClub and the vector and sketchy tool because it often gives me the simplification that I want.

Pear Shaped
50BB66F8-CFCD-4853-B995-78CFF11DC90F.jpeg

Here is the original layer with the sketched bits on top.
604E9D94-16F6-49E2-B68F-6D59C635009B.jpeg

Within SketchClub I changed the blend mode of the top layer to luminosity to get this:
C03417BA-F929-4FE6-8523-2D9C9A771A0C.jpeg

Next I blended it with a sketchy version from Artomaton.
72B62D8F-EA2D-4BF2-A37C-9598166EF9D6.jpeg

I cropped this down and blended it with a texture I made myself to get the final image.

Still experimenting with SketchClub and the vector and sketchy tool because it often gives me the simplification that I want.

Pear Shaped
View attachment 105236

View attachment 105237

Within SketchClub I changed the blend mode of the top layer to luminosity to get this:
View attachment 105238

View attachment 105240

I cropped this down and blended it with a texture I made myself to get the final image.

An interesting area for exploration and a lot of dedicated work!
I really like Topaz Simplify on the computer for this. I haven’t seen anything compatible on iOS.

Pear Shaped
View attachment 105236

View attachment 105237

View attachment 105238

View attachment 105240

Fabulous outcome AND a tutorial. Happy days.:lol:

Pear Shaped
View attachment 105236

View attachment 105237

View attachment 105238

View attachment 105240

This is fabulous!

Pear Shaped
View attachment 105236

View attachment 105237

View attachment 105238

View attachment 105240

How interesting to see the different stages...

Fabulous outcome AND a tutorial. Happy days.:lol:
This is fabulous!
How interesting to see the different stages...
I think Ann should change the name of this thread .

‘Attempts’

-*eyeroll*

Btw thanks for tutorial :inlove: I had an aha moment thinking about what you did in SketchClub :notworthy:
Thank you, folks. I still want to do that Imaengine video for the edits but after some intense dental work I have a fat cheek and look like a chipmunk and feeling a little delicate but all has gone well! I opted for the sedation and glad I did. I was still vaguely aware of the dentist drilling great big holes into my jaw and sewing me up. :eek: But actually I was in the twilight zone.

Thank you, folks. I still want to do that Imaengine video for the edits but after some intense dental work I have a fat cheek and look like a chipmunk and feeling a little delicate but all has gone well! I opted for the sedation and glad I did. I was still vaguely aware of the dentist drilling great big holes into my jaw and sewing me up. :eek: But actually I was in the twilight zone.
Ugh...I really dislike going to the dentist.

Feel well soon!

I was still vaguely aware of the dentist drilling great big holes into my jaw and sewing me up. :eek: But actually I was in the twilight zone.
That sounds awful!! I hate any dental work except for teeth cleaning. :barf: Glad it’s over and I hope you heal quickly and relatively pain-free. xoxo

Digital Fine Art and Visual FX
I’m not just saying this because I love you, but I don’t understand, after looking at the HMs and winners in those categories, why this wasn’t chosen. Your work is as good, if not better, than them. It seems like all the same people keep getting their work chosen. All the same names appear again and again. Odd.

I’m not just saying this because I love you, but I don’t understand, after looking at the HMs and winners in those categories, why this wasn’t chosen. Your work is as good, if not better, than them. It seems like all the same people keep getting their work chosen. All the same names appear again and again. Odd.
Dearest Jilly, I love you for this :inlove: but I am under no illusions about my art. This wouldn’t win if it was a painting either. I’m a happy content person. I don’t want to do angst and depression and deep messages about life. I just want to do nature - flowers and insects and birds - and the occasional building. This is not what the art critics want but I don’t care.

You and I know what amazing quilts are made and it’s disgraceful that this art is not considered fine art but it doesn’t mean that lots of us don’t appreciate it. Lots of the art I love will never win prizes but they are winners in my heart. Doing my own thing gives me joy and that’s all that counts. :)

Dearest Jilly, I love you for this :inlove: but I am under no illusions about my art. This wouldn’t win if it was a painting either. I’m a happy content person. I don’t want to do angst and depression and deep messages about life. I just want to do nature - flowers and insects and birds - and the occasional building. This is not what the art critics want but I don’t care.

You and I know what amazing quilts are made and it’s disgraceful that this art is not considered fine art but it doesn’t mean that lots of us don’t appreciate it. Lots of the art I love will never win prizes but they are winners in my heart. Doing my own thing gives me joy and that’s all that counts. :)
Amen to that! You bring joy to us with your art.

I’m glad you’re happy with your work. I would say your skill and talent level is certainly at least equal to those whose work I see leading the competitions again and again. I’m also glad you enter even while knowing your subject matter is not “in vogue”. Keeps them honest.

I think that not everything in life is a competition - even things you are passionate about and work at every day. On my own level (way below “competition worthy”) I am pleased with the images I produce. Shouldn’t that be enough? I’m on my second 365 now and when I look back, I don’t find a single image that makes me think “I shouldn’t have posted that” or “I should have reworked that”. Because they were made for me, and then I shared them knowing that some would like them and some would not, depending on the day and subject and mood of the viewer.

I’m glad you’re happy with your work. I would say your skill and talent level is certainly at least equal to those whose work I see leading the competitions again and again. I’m also glad you enter even while knowing your subject matter is not “in vogue”. Keeps them honest.

I think that not everything in life is a competition - even things you are passionate about and work at every day. On my own level (way below “competition worthy”) I am pleased with the images I produce. Shouldn’t that be enough? I’m on my second 365 now and when I look back, I don’t find a single image that makes me think “I shouldn’t have posted that” or “I should have reworked that”. Because they were made for me, and then I shared them knowing that some would like them and some would not, depending on the day and subject and mood of the viewer.
:thumbs: Yes indeed. I love to see all of your work. You’re an inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom