What are you watching?

Nearly completed the first season of The Orville. Its a star trek spoof at base and it's getting ripped to shreds by the critics but I'm loving it. Its got humour, wamth and good story lines that stand on their own. Despite being a spoof, its not defined by the thing it's spoofing. Its got it's own, well thought out internal logic and plausible sci-fi physics. (Unlike the new star trek with its magical spore network... what s that even about?)

The characters can be a bit one dimensional sometimes but I feel the writers/producers are enjoying what they are making and are concerned to do a good job of it.

8 out of 10 from me.

Nearly completed the first season of The Orville. Its a star trek spoof at base and it's getting ripped to shreds by the critics but I'm loving it. Its got humour, wamth and good story lines that stand on their own. Despite being a spoof, its not defined by the thing it's spoofing. Its got it's own, well thought out internal logic and plausible sci-fi physics. (Unlike the new star trek with its magical spore network... what s that even about?)

The characters can be a bit one dimensional sometimes but I feel the writers/producers are enjoying what they are making and are concerned to do a good job of it.

8 out of 10 from me.
I wish I could fly right up to the sky, but I can’t. :lmao:

8 out of 10 from me.

I will be checking that out! I generally love what the critics don’t like.

Just started watching Better Call Saul and it is excellent! It’s sort of a spinoff of Breaking Bad (one of my all-time fave shows ever)... but not really - it’s the back story of a couple of the characters. Luckily there’s only 2 seasons of 10 episodes each so it’s not too crazy to catch up (episodes are around 40-45 minutes). On Netflix. Highly recommend!

Rarely watch live tv unless there’s a wildlife programme like Winterwatch to watch. Jan’s a big fan of period dramas........me I adore Last of the Summer Wine.......i’m Really just an old fart!!

Rarely watch live tv
I literally never watch live TV... can't stand the commercials! I tape all my shows, and then watch them whenever. This way I can fast forward through the commercials (my TiVo even has an option with some shows where I can press one button and it jumps forward through the commercials - love it!!)

I really enjoyed Fargo, the series. I only have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, so I don’t get. To see a lot of the shows on HBO and the other premium channels: unless they come to one. Of my subscriptions.

I really enjoyed Fargo, the series. I only have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, so I don’t get. To see a lot of the shows on HBO and the other premium channels: unless they come to one. Of my subscriptions.
Every one of the Fargo series has been excellent. The acting was soooooooo good.

THE HANDMAID’S TALE!!!!!
Did I leave that off my list?!?! I don’t know how... it’s one of my favorite shows ever. And one of the scariest as I feel our current world (esp the USA) may not be far from something like this.
Oh great! Now I have to go look for that! And...for the record...I can’t believe I forgot to list Golden Girls! That’s another all time favorite.

Oh great! Now I have to go look for that! And...for the record...I can’t believe I forgot to list Golden Girls! That’s another all time favorite.
How funny - I was just thinking of The Golden Girls last week and how great it was. And Third Rock from the Sun - I loved that when it first came out.

Hulu has all the episodes of ER. We have enjoyed bing watching this old show. We don’t have cable, so the show has to be available from Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.

Hulu has all the episodes of ER. We have enjoyed bing watching this old show. We don’t have cable, so the show has to be available from Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.
I used to love ER... that’s when George Clooney first came on the *scene*. That would be fun to re-watch.

Very rarely watch TV - doesn't help that where I live in the Outer Hebrides you can only get about a dozen channels (Freeview Light...) I'm too mean to subscribe to satellite but I do occasionally subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime during the long dark nights of winter.

Anyway, my all time favourite TV show is Game of Thrones.
Have also enjoyed in the past: all of the various Star Treks, Bones, Bakeoff and rather randomly the Big Pottery Throwdown

8 out of 10 from me.

Will have to give this a go, sounds like fun :)

I've just started watching Altered Carbon, very Blade Runner inspired but if you like that then this is looking good.

Sounds very good - you had me at the "Blade Runner inspired" as (the original) Blade Runner is my all time favourite film :)

Hell Yes and a big barren year for us this year :(
Westworld was good though and series two should be with us this year as consolation.
There is a lot and I mean a LOT of violent scenes in Altered Carbon. Even I was a little disturbed tbh.
Have you seen the latest Blade Runner, looks beautiful but makes no sense whatsoever :lol:

I started to watch it.... but all the head chopping and brutality kept me away.... then I decided I wanted to try again, but I was so far behind it felt like I'd never catch up, so......... :( I really just need to read all the books.

There is a lot and I mean a LOT of violent scenes in Altered Carbon. Even I was a little disturbed tbh.
Well, that will definitely be on my "Do Not Watch" list.... glad for the heads up though. I can deal with some violence (I watched every episode of Breaking Bad and it's one of my all-time favorite shows, and I loved True Blood) but in general I don't like watching shows with a lot of violence. I won't watch any gory horror flick (never seen any of the Halloweens or Nightmare on Elm Streets or ESPECIALLY the Saw movies - I really don't understand why those types [Saw] are even made.)

I need to find out how to work Netflix.

I’m one of *those* people who don’t have a tv - since way before Netflix or I might’ve relented. I might still if I find out how to ^do^ Netflix .

I loved The Wire, if anyone remembers that.

(My ten cents :))

Although not strictly a TV program i.e. its a film ! I've been looking forward to the release of Annihilation at the cinema as I'm a sci-fi / fantasy nerd and proud of it ;)
But lo and behold its GONE STRAIGHT TO NETFLIX in Europe anyway :thumbs:

I need to find out how to work Netflix.

I’m one of *those* people who don’t have a tv - since way before Netflix or I might’ve relented. I might still if I find out how to ^do^ Netflix .

I loved The Wire, if anyone remembers that.

(My ten cents :))
There's a Netflix app so you can watch everything on your iPhone or iPad, or just go to Netflix.com in a browser, log in, and watch from any computer. Easy peasy! Once you sign up for an account, you can scroll through all the different movies and shows and by clicking on the plus sign, add them to your "List". Then just go to your list and choose a show. You don't have to only watch stuff from your list, but it's handy to save things that you want to watch later.

There's a Netflix app so you can watch everything on your iPhone or iPad, or just go to Netflix.com in a browser, log in, and watch from any computer. Easy peasy! Once you sign up for an account, you can scroll through all the different movies and shows and by clicking on the plus sign, add them to your "List". Then just go to your list and choose a show. You don't have to only watch stuff from your list, but it's handy to save things that you want to watch later.

There’s a search, too, so you can seek out old favorites. A feature I like is the “continue watching” so when I start watching a show, but haven’t added it to my list, it’s always there.

Back
Top Bottom